Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Champions 8, The Comeback Tour(nament) - Jan 5th 2013 - THE CLARENCE Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NocturNeru

DqsSTl.jpg

Looks like the vids are proving popular...

Lol, "Jinxownzu". Sounds like a channel name some bored 13 year old would come up with :P

Anyway, I'm gonna go look for the performer of "The Race is On" now...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Jinxownzu is from the UAE and replied "F YOU LEE HATER F YOU". It was a great comment

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Jinxownzu is from the UAE and replied "F YOU LEE HATER F YOU". It was a great comment

I thought... well... no. I hoped that was sarcasm.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I was sure that was sarcasm!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I genuinely don't think so :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

In before they make the connection that Noctor Neru is Jinxownzu

I'd say that yesterday was a great success considering all you had to work with. I loved the level-up in the recording set up (headsets and commentator cams ftw!) and I'm immensely looking forward to next time!

Also, thanks to Aileen and everyone else who convinced me to go to Cannes. It'll be major fun combining all our wacky Marvel skills to destroy the rest of the world's teams!

Lythero wrote: »
    In before they make the connection that Noctor Neru is Jinxownzu

The Race is On comment tipped me :)

I actually need to get a second better cam for the recording set up. Was so sad no one wanted to use the mic stands though, I love those things :(

I think it's funny how people struggle to spell my self-given alias just as much as they struggle to spell my real name :P

I sure as hell was gonna make it to Cannes before, but Lee just made it sound a few dozen times as much fun!

Oh and Lee- you're not allowed to cheat like that! The fun would've lasted far longer if you hadn't said anything XD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

The Race is On comment tipped me :)

I actually need to get a second better cam for the recording set up. Was so sad no one wanted to use the mic stands though, I love those things :(

There were mics stands!?:eek:

I remember seeing them but it totally passed my mind as I was mesmerized by the Headsets

Too many improvements overwelmed me lol

Almost forgot, is the player cam supposed to be unsynced due to post processing or something?

Watching matchs it would seem the cam was about 5secs ahead

Nutrient wrote: »
    5secs behind

or 5 seconds too early. It's funny seeing people shake hands and then the game plays on before the K.O., further proving that the whole fiasco is staged.

• Advertisement

or 5 seconds too early. It's funny seeing people shake hands and then the game plays on before the K.O., further proving that the whole fiasco is staged.

feck '5secs ahead' mistake

feck '5secs ahead' mistake

I think "early" and "ahead" kind of mean the same thing :/

Yeah that's caused because the camera is in real time but the game lags slightly because of the USB2 speeds, It's something we'll just have to grin and bear unless I can find a delay tool or something for the cam.

Also, another 30 notifications from Youtube... people are into this tournament, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Desosaurusx

Hey guys I had a great time yesterday, thanks to Aileen for putting on a great event and everyone who was involved and participated you guys rock.
    It was nice to put faces to the names I play so often online.
    I'm really looking forward to the next event and hope to see you all again.

Hey guys I had a great time yesterday, thanks to Aileen for putting on a great event and everyone who was involved and participated you guys rock.

It was a pleasure to meet both you and Norman, pass it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I didn't get to talk to you a whole lot but it was great finally getting to meet you in person. Well done getting 2nd in ST. Also GGs to Tigernorm for destroying me in AE. It was a hilarious match because I never stood a chance against the beast that is Tigernorm.

Yeah that's caused because the camera is in real time but the game lags slightly because of the USB2 speeds, It's something we'll just have to grin and bear unless I can find a delay tool or something for the cam.

Also, another 30 notifications from Youtube... people are into this tournament, lol

You can do it in VLC by increasing the cache from 30ms up to I guess 3000ms (you'd need to play about with it). The problem then is you'd have to stream from VLC into whatever your recording software is but I think you can do that if you set the capture device in your software to VLC's stream rather than the webcam. I think there's a way to set VLC's output to a device but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Is this also why the video goes to player-cam well before the match ends?

what is this I dont even...

What Kanped said seems like a great idea

Do you currently use the 3.0 USB on your XPS for the Hauppauge?

If so Kanped's idea seems helpful

• Advertisement

ilovemesomevideogame 1 minute ago
    And that's what you get for messing with Lythero and his fans.
    I cringed at that one, I honestly did.

Doom, when you're able to put all the DoC8 matches together into a playlist, I'll switch the link in the video to that.

I cringed at that one, I honestly did.

Doom, when you're able to put all the DoC8 matches together into a playlist, I'll switch the link in the video to that.

Mans a true Martyr

what is this I dont even...

What Kanped said seems like a great idea

Do you currently use the 3.0 USB on your XPS for the Hauppauge?

If so Kanped's idea seems helpful

I think Kanped's idea might actually work, hopefully I won't have to set up a second screen cap module to do it though.

It's not the port on the laptop's fault, the PVR2 is a USB2 device.

If I recall I could record the shuttle laglessly, but then ran into frame rate problems because of xsplit... sigh...

Also, it looks like Lee's not the only one with fanboys any more..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEUOCeO3SU4&lcor=1&lc=FjGnp-SXJejelGD2k40zhWPPPzwWEl3fq4YwL-AcQlU&lch=email&feature=em-comment_received
    omg nutrient uses almost my same team with my same colors D:

THE SAME COLOURS!!1!! OMG!!1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgvrrvN896Q&lch=email&lc=xGgSsIXUyaLKbL0NYDJ4CaIefxRIoEhlv_n3Fice9zY&lcor=1&feature=em-comment_received
    I love great Cody play. Inspiration! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Had good fun there on Saturday, did way better than I anticipated in Tekken also. Going to actually read up on stuff now and figure out what all the technical terms for things are!

Big thanks to those who organised, set up, ran and recorded everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Did someone say there were mic-stands in, the house? Of that's the craic, then I reckon Razer should commentate on his own matches :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Oh also, are there any more videos to be uploaded? I think I played three Tekken matches on the recorded setup but I can only find one there (I'm down as Peter). It's no big deal if there aren't any more coming, I appreciate it's probably a good bit of work putting them together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They'll trickle up over the week. I don't think DooM's employers would be best pleased if he spent his whole day uploading videos to youtube. Also, I didn't watch the Tekken vids that are up, is the game sound on or off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

what match was it were i kept shouting "yeah!" in backround?
    didnt hear razer screaming "nutrient!" during marvel either, no mic is not picking up razer shouting

also a "commentary nfsw" warning was added to the front page TYM article on the event lol
    good comments rolling in the vids also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

Belated thanks to everyone there on Saturday, t'was a good day all round!

Definitely hoping to do some more Mahvel commentary in the future, that **** is mad fun.

Also shout outs to all the people sporting their character's shirt. Never disrespect.

Advertisement