Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rythym guitarist / singer (Dublin) looking for band

• 08-12-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Rythym guitarist / lead singer / backing singer, early 30s, seeks band for romantic dinners and long walks on the beach. 15+ years of gigging experience, though a little bit out of practice. Gigged in loads of different bands and roles, mostly as either singer or guitarist, occasionally as bassist, and once even drums when a mate's band got REALLY desperate.

Genre? Willing to give anything a go (though I'll list some of my favourite stuff at the end of this post). Would prefer originals to covers but really I just want to get out there and start playing again. I'm relatively new to Dublin and my instruments have been largely gathering dust since I moved here 12 months ago so I'll pretty much consider anything. Mostly I just want to make music and have fun doing it.

Here's my Soundcloud page with a few of my last band's songs on it (all written by myself and with me on guitar and lead vox) and my YouTube channel with some acoustic covers on it.

Only fair to pre-warn, I work rotating shifts so I have to try and work around those. I usually work evenings for 2 weeks of every month, but I can normally get my shift swapped if I get at least a few days notice, and I will always have 2 days off every week.

Alternative / rock (White Stripes, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Faith No More, Pains Of Being Pure At Heart, Japandroids etc). Grunge. Punk (old and new, but mostly old). SLAYEEEERRRRRRR! Modern folk (Mumford, Fleet Foxes). Ska. Dropkick Murphys (whatever genre they come under). Ben Folds. Elliott Smith. SLAYEEEEEERRRRRRRR! Big big love for doo-wop and girl groups from the 60s (Ronettes, Shangri-Las, Shirelles, Supremes etc). Soul. Weezer, when they were still good. 80s electropop. The Cure. The Beach Boys. Horrorpunk / Psychobilly. Surf rock. SLAYYEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!

Dislikes:
    Blues rock. Sends me to sleep. Sorry. Classic rock. Led Zeppelin. Funk. Any of that 90s Manchester stuff. You know the stuff. Marshmallows. Cats. People who walk too slow.

Right, I've showed you mine, now show me yours you little tease.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WoundedRhino

Oh, and I have my own car if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 groover64

Hey..Im looking for guitarist/singer for soul/funk/groove covers band..there is the option of throwing in originals too if they fit the set,,..Looking at gigging early 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 emsnui

groover64 wrote: »
    Hey..Im looking for guitarist/singer for soul/funk/groove covers band..there is the option of throwing in originals too if they fit the set,,..Looking at gigging early 2013

Hey still looking for a singer? If so I'm really interested looking to gig wit a working covers band. I also hav access to a studio if rehears space is needed. If interested pm me....thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Hi, covers band looking for singer/guitarist. I am female drummer (33), and have bassist and lead guitarist, both male. Pm for more details if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 groover64

Hey..Im putting together a band in Dublin area. All covers.The vibe would be soul/funk/R&B groove music..Looking at gigging asap 2013..All experienced players.Im the drummer..Have a copuld of female backing/lead vocals interested too..Is this something that would interest you? Its going to be a serious project, but hopefully an enjoyable one too

• Advertisement
Advertisement