Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan

Options
  • 08-12-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

I am moving abroad for work at the end of January and I need to get a loan from the credit union to pay for shipping our house contents. Should I declare on the form that I am emigrating or should I say it is for home improvements, which is not technically incorrect. I have a guarantor for the loan and repayment is not a problem I just dont know if they will give it to me if I am not going to be in the country after I get it.
    Without the loan we cannot afford to ship our stuff and where we are going it is almost impossible to rent furnished houses so it is cheaper to bring your stuff with you than buy it all new there.
    Would a bank offer me a loan for this purpose?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please see the forum charter regarding dodgy/dishonest dealings

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement