Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheungs (Wok Inn) open again

Options
  • 08-12-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Anyone try it yet.. Is it the same? We got a menu in through the door. I don't see the mandarin sauce on it though. I love some of it with my curry:).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Roughly where in Louth might that be.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

It's in Dublin St in Dundalk. It was originally Cheungs but was closed by the health inspectors a few months ago. It's open again under another name. I'll still go back to it even if same owners, I'm sure they'll have cleaned up their act.

Just had it...totally different owners I think. Different curry sauce. Got freestarter (ribs). Was €22.50 for 2 chicken curries, 2 fried rices, 2 chips and a portion of Peking sauce (which I ordered 'cos I thought it would be similar to Mandarin sauce that Cheungs used to have) inc delivery (along with free starter).

There were mushrooms and peas in the curry apart from onions which if I had've known, would've asked for none. I struggled to finish mine which is unlike me. I dunno why really. Tasted nice enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

That's pretty steep tbh.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

MugMugs wrote: »
    That's pretty steep tbh.....

i'd have figured chicken curry was at least €8 a portion, plus 50c x 2 for fried rice instead of boiled. 2 portions of chips at least €2 each. Portion of sauce €2. Ribs at least €4.
    Oh and delivery was included instead of an extra €2-3. No idea how you can call that steep, sounds quite reasonable.

• Advertisement

Yeah, was reasonable. Atm my fav takeaway is Wiltons in Bridge St. Very reasonable prices and delish curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

was a chungs girl been converted to the china kitchen

Advertisement