Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name this book

Options
  • 08-12-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So I read a book a few years ago and, while I can remember the jist of the story that's about all I can remember! Looking for it again as I told a friend about it who now wants to read the book so if anyone could help it would be great :D

So as far as i can remember it was about a woman, who had 2-3 children, she was a single mom (can't remember if father had just died or..?) I think either her husband or else father/parents had just died and she was now alone, with no money.
    she had a job somewhere but it didn't have great pay..
    I think it was a co-worker who suggested it to her - to go to turkey to some job where she would make a substantial amount of money so she took the risk of going, leaving her children behind (think it was set in england) with a neighbour (?) or maybe a friend.
    in turkey, however, the job turned out to be prostitution and her pimp kept her there against her will, forcing her to work and though she was promised money she never actually got it (the girl who told her about the job was now gone, uncontactable)
    I remember she used to call her children a few times but it was always difficult to do so..
    She had no money but i also remember her escaping and being in the back of trucks (in an attempt to get home) and things like that...

Ok, reading back on this i realise i don't remember it as well as i thought but if anyone can help i'd be very grateful :p

Advertisement