If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha yht-196

Options
  • 08-12-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey,

First post here. Just have a question about the Yamaha yht-196. Although it can't decode HD audio itself if I use a PS3 or my blu-ray player ( which I know can decide HD audio ) then I should hear HD audio right? It looks like a great value system and something I'd be interested in. Have to be mindful of budget. Currently using a Sony bdve380 HTIB but wanna change.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kellyg6 wrote: »
    Hey,

First post here. Just have a question about the Yamaha yht-196. Although it can't decode HD audio itself if I use a PS3 or my blu-ray player ( which I know can decide HD audio ) then I should hear HD audio right? It looks like a great value system and something I'd be interested in. Have to be mindful of budget. Currently using a Sony bdve380 HTIB but wanna change.

If it's budget you are mindful of - you just cant go wrong!

At £179.95 the YHT196 is really stunning value for money including the 54satellite speakers, a sub and the AV receiver!

Have a look at the spec here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/yamaha/yht196/yama-yht196

HD audio via HDMI / Blu-Ray isnt an issue - this is what Yamaha say:

The YHT-196 can accept HD Audio signals (linear PCM via HDMI transmission) from Blu-ray Disc players for enjoying maximum sound quality

HAve a look at the full spec here: http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hometheater-systems/home-theater-package/yht-196_g/?mode=model

showimage.php?image=309201.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

We have them in stock & ready to ship - if you would like to take the plunge don't hesitate to give us a shout and we will get you sorted out,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kellyg6

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Was also looking at a combo of Denon AVR1513 and the Pioneer S-HS100. Do you think this would be significantly better? Will be taking the plunge for sure, probably in January, just need to decide what to get.

Cheers,
    Gareth

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Was also looking at a combo of Denon AVR1513 and the Pioneer S-HS100. Do you think this would be significantly better? Will be taking the plunge for sure, probably in January, just need to decide what to get.

Cheers,
    Gareth

Gareth,

I love easy questions:

Yes, WAY better!

Keep me posted.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

sorry to hijack but how much is the YHT196 and speakers in euro & including delivery to Dublin please?

MRTULES wrote: »
    sorry to hijack but how much is the YHT196 and speakers in euro & including delivery to Dublin please?

No problem - that's what we`re here for!

The YHT196 is €229.99 and delivery is €15.99 for the system..

In stock, ready to ship - just drop us a pm or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details if you would like to grab one..

Thanks again

John mc

• Advertisement

Thanks John,

Having a budget is fine, it's sticking to it that's the problem. Keep trying to push it that little bit further! Hopefully Xmas will be good and stretch out the budget a bit for January. Will keep you posted and be in contact when I'm ready to order.

Cheers,
    Gareth

Hi John,

Just had one question - does the denon avr1513 support ARC?

Cheers,
    Gareth

Hi John,

Just had one question - does the denon avr1513 support ARC?

Cheers,
    Gareth

Gareth,

yes it does - here is a link to the manual for your convenience

http://denon.co.uk/DocumentMaster/UK/AVR-1513E2_ENG_CD-ROM_v00.pdf

Just as an aside we have just reduced the Denon AVR1713 to just £269.95 which I think makes it pretty much the best value AV receiver around at the moment!

Keep me posted if you need any further info,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John ,

Just wondering if you had an opinion on the TeacAGD200. Seems a very well specced unit for such a low price. (Also looks very like an Onkyo.)

Would it pair up ok with Pioneer S-HS100 speakers?

More importantly do you have any in stock?

Cheers and Merry Christmas,
    Gareth

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.