Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice on Cost of Electric Heating?

Options
  • 08-12-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,
    I'm planning to move to an apartment with electric heating. SO far I've got only experience with gas, so I'd really appreciate any advice on the subject. It's a one bedroom apt with a living room, kitchen and bathroom. I suppose that there are 2-3 heaters in the house. So, I'd like to know how much a 2month bill will approximately be.The building isn't too old so I reckon the insulation will be fine.
    If anyone could help me out with instructions on how to use the heaters, feel free! :) (when to switch it on-off).
    And something last..Is electric heating the same as electric storage heating?
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Eleni_som

Your question is too vague to give you a proper reply. Storage Heaters usually run on night rate electricity which is cheaper and stay warm all day.

Electic heaters on the other hand can be switched on/off at any time but will be a lot more expensive. The cost of running a heater can be worked out if you know the Kw rating on the heater . Ie if the heater is a 1Kw ( like a small fan heater) then it uses one KW of electricity per hour which costs approx 18 or 19 cents per hour depending on your electricity provider.

For the cost of storage heater find the KW rating , mulptiply by the no of heaters and no of hours you intend to have them on per night by the night rate cost of electriciy ( If night rate meter installed) to get the cost per day

Advertisement