Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Told by bar manager to cover my tattoo or leave

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

We should have the forum beers at this place and all land down in the nip while we're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Ultimately, you can make a complaint but will probably get nowhere with it. I'd be more inclined to find out if they have a Facebook page, plaster it all over the page and avoid that place from now on.

they have a FB page and ive seen a couple of complaints that are similar to this, not because of tattoos just being asked to leave for no real reason or being treated in a rude way by staff, i never go there ever!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

We should have the forum beers at this place and all land down in the nip while we're at it.
    All the way down to Cork out of spite?

Sounds like my kind of plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Denny M wrote: »
    All the way down to Cork out of spite?

Sounds like my kind of plan!

Right lads, Cork on the weekend? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pervert.

:pac::P

• Advertisement

DamoElDiablo banned for one month for personal abuse.

:p

*runs and hides*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Please forgive my thinly veiled posts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    DamoElDiablo banned for one month for personal abuse.

:p

*runs and hides*
    LyndaMcL banned till I feel like letting her back in for backseat molding in a flagrant display of abuse of powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

LyndaMcL banned till I feel like letting her back in for backseat molding in a flagrant display of abuse of powers.

TO FEEDBACK! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

I will dispute this, and bitch about you in Feedback! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I would plaster it all over their Facebook page its quite amazing the reach some of the posts get like that, and everytime they delete it put it back up. If nothing comes of it at least it will wreck their head for a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I would plaster it all over their Facebook page its quite amazing the reach some of the posts get like that, and everytime they delete it put it back up. If nothing comes of it at least it will wreck their head for a bit!

Only problem with posting up on facebook is your opening yourself up to all sorts of idiotic comments, some of the posts like the ones you mention literally turn into a farce if you try read down through them, and when it comes to tattoos there pleny of people who are willing to voice there borderline retarded opinions.

Only problem with posting up on facebook is your opening yourself up to all sorts of idiotic comments, some of the posts like the ones you mention literally turn into a farce if you try read down through them, and when it comes to tattoos there pleny of people who are willing to voice there borderline retarded opinions.

At the same time, though, anyone with sense will listen because smart people don't discriminate on the grounds of body mods.

If it stops even 5 sensible people from going there, mission accomplished.

I think a lot of people like when establishment is questioned though and are willing to jump on the wagon for a cause. Then again youll always get the retarded opinions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think a lot of people like when establishment is questioned though and are willing to jump on the wagon for a cause. Then again youll always get the retarded opinions!

Especially regarding tats because let's face it, we're all knuckle-dragging scum.

Orim wrote: »
    Especially regarding tats because let's face it, we're all knuckle-dragging scum.

yeah but what about all the boyz with celtic tattz and "mam & dad" love hearts, theres plenty of them on facebook worthy of joining our cause against the bailey:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

chrismon wrote: »
    He's doing the same on other fourms

Huh? He had a total of two posts, both in this thread :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Huh? He had a total of two posts, both in this thread :confused:

Nope he had a few all of which have since been deleted ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

There is a place across the road from it called long island, its a cocktail bar place, i had to head in there for a friends birthday, after being in there for an hour or so we were chatting to the regular doorman and everthing, then the manager came over and told my friend to take out his earing or he would be asked to leave !!!!!!!!!

It was a tiny little stud earing, the lad has no tattoos on display was dressed nicely etc.

Ridiculous carryon by a few dickheads who think they have power.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nope he had a few all of which have since been deleted ;).

*sniff* I thought we were special :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

There is a place across the road from it called long island, its a cocktail bar place, i had to head in there for a friends birthday, after being in there for an hour or so we were chatting to the regular doorman and everthing, then the manager came over and told my friend to take out his earing or he would be asked to leave !!!!!!!!!

It was a tiny little stud earing, the lad has no tattoos on display was dressed nicely etc.

Odd, I was in there about 2 weeks back and nobody even glanced at my piercings. Granted, most of them are on my ears but I have a septum piercing, and one of the guys I was with had a lip piercing too. Didn't get a thing out of any of the staff (not even a smile) except for the doorman!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

I have a full sleeve on my left arm and any time I try to enter the Bowery in Cork with a t-shirt I get blown out. Still tho, I like the place and would go there pretty often. Just learned to keep it covered, because one dickhead can ruin a good night. Its part of the course with having tattoo's and you're not gonna change peoples opinions. Let it go and move on.

Oh, and I second a forum meet in the Bailey. I'll even let ye camp in the garden. Yaw'll have to be quiet tho in case ye wake the mammy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Bouncers in Cork just seem to be on a different level in terms of the "I'm gonna fuck with your night for no reason" attitude.

Having spent four years there in college I was completely unprepared for the novel sensation of having staff actually seem pleased to see customers in pubs and clubs in various other parts of the world I've gone onto since.

Not sure what the issue is down Leeside, must be something in the water. Still a great place to spend time besides that fairly minor annoyance though to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

See, stuff like that really annoys me. They'll happily approach people and tell them to cover up or leave, but pay no heed to the 'chung wan's' sauntering around with next to nothing on! Surely a few tattoo's or piercings are heaps more respectable than being out in public with your bits jiggling about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

See, stuff like that really annoys me. They'll happily approach people and tell them to cover up or leave, but pay no heed to the 'chung wan's' sauntering around with next to nothing on! Surely a few tattoo's or piercings are heaps more respectable than being out in public with your bits jiggling about?!
    I for one approve of young ones* in very little clothing and do not look down on them for doing so!

*=once 18 or older

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

This happened me going into the icon in Limerick on Arthur's Day, only I was dying to see the band playing I would have walked away, haven't gone back since. All the tattoo says is "All You Need Is Love", hardly like its offensive!

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    This happened me going into the icon in Limerick on Arthur's Day, only I was dying to see the band playing I would have walked away, haven't gone back since. All the tattoo says is "All You Need Is Love", hardly like its offensive!

A few years back, when I only had one very small, inoffensive tattoo on my ankle, I was refused from the Icon a couple of times over it, and one from Trinity Rooms. I moved back to Dublin soon after. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

The icon is a kip.

I used to work in the icon and had my septum pierced, lip pierced, ears stretched and my tragus pierced and a tattoo on my neck. The owners and managers are a big bunch of hypocrites!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Arawn wrote: »
    The icon is a kip.

Yes, yes it is!

Advertisement