Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Told by bar manager to cover my tattoo or leave

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I will say I have never been refused from anywhere, I really wish they would, I'm tattooed, pierced and usually falling around drunk. Why won't somewhere refuse me and save me money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Arawn wrote: »
    I will say I have never been refused from anywhere, I really wish they would, I'm tattooed, pierced and usually falling around drunk. Why won't somewhere refuse me and save me money!

I wish I was joking when I say what I'm about to say....

The ONLY other time I've ever been refused entry anywhere was Halloween. I was refused entry to Lafayette (despite having been there earlier and being mates with one of the staff on duty that night!) because according to the bouncer, my um, assets were too big (had a corset on). Even worse than getting refused for tattoos, my boobs aren't a choice!

Once I get a reduction in a few years I'll go back and be like 'Fúck you, I'm almost flat chested now, does that mean I'm allowed go get a cocktail?' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

LyndaMcL wrote: »

The ONLY other time I've ever been refused entry anywhere was Halloween. I was refused entry to Lafayette (despite having been there earlier and being mates with one of the staff on duty that night!) because according to the bouncer, my um, assets were too big (had a corset on). Even worse than getting refused for tattoos, my boobs aren't a choice!

Once I get a reduction in a few years I'll go back and be like 'Fúck you, I'm almost flat chested now, does that mean I'm allowed go get a cocktail?' :pac:

That's quite unusual for a bouncer there always trying with girls to get all up in yo business :D on a side note there's no such thing as too big when it comes to tangible "assets" ;) that was bit of a lame accounting joke but you get the idea! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Some doormen are idiots. I was working once and these two ones came out of the pub i was working in, asked me to decide who had the better boobs, I jokingly said I cant say as I've not seen them...Swear the **** they both got them out no problem (these weren young ones 26 or so)

Also hee hee.

I dunno Maybe it's cos I'm not really a small guy or I can appear sober no matter how drunk I am but I very rarely get id'd and never turned away

Arawn wrote: »
    Some doormen are idiots. I was working once and these two ones came out of the pub i was working in, asked me to decide who had the better boobs, I jokingly said I cant say as I've not seen them...Swear the **** they both got them out no problem (these weren young ones 26 or so)

Also hee hee.

I dunno Maybe it's cos I'm not really a small guy or I can appear sober no matter how drunk I am but I very rarely get id'd and never turned away

I'd say the few times I've been turned away is because I'm only 5'1 and look a lot younger than my age (I'm nearly 24, but pass for 16-17 most of the time), so I probably look like I won't put up much of a fight. :pac:

Best bit about my story was that a few days later, the same bouncer went into a store my sister works in. She had been with me and kicked up murder when I was refused, but I had pulled her away. She ripped him a new backside and barred him from the store. :pac: To get to another branch, he'd have had to drive around 20 miles, teehee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Dewey collins

The Bailey is a **** hole, the only time i would ever go to that place is if i was pissed out of my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It was a tiny little stud earing, the lad has no tattoos on display was dressed nicely etc.

That's your opinion, it obviously wasn't shared by the manager.

I see so many people at work who dress with white timberlands, crosshatch jeans and ****ty check pattern shirts with greasy pikey hair and they are amazed when they are refused. My point is that you are biased I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Dermighty wrote: »
    That's your opinion, it obviously wasn't shared by the manager.

I see so many people at work who dress with white timberlands, crosshatch jeans and ****ty check pattern shirts with greasy pikey hair and they are amazed when they are refused. My point is that you are biased I would imagine.

It's sort of ironic that you seem to think your view of check pattern shirts is objective while pointing out that the other guy's is subjective.

This thread reminds me of all the stupid things people judge you for, with no basis for the judgement.

When I was 21, I moved to Blackrock for a year, with a friend.I was being introduced to some new people in the area one night and was asked where I was from. Some of them (not all!) were genuinely disgusted that I'm from Coolock, and one had the nerve to say that I don't look or sound like somebody from Coolock. :rolleyes: I guess she wasn't expecting me to be well dressed and articulate, with no 'scanger' accent. :pac:

Point is - appearances can be deceiving. I don't give a damn what somebody wears, what body mods they have, where they're from, anything. It's ridiculous, and bars judging potential clientel for having body mods or dressing a certain way is moronic.

I suppose that makes it okay to look at somebody with a physical disability, and automatically assume they're intellectually less-abled, too?

God, I hate people like that. On the plus side, the more people they turn away for no real reason, the less money they make.

I am some moody cow today. :pac: /rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Being a woman of ample bussom's myself, I can honestly say that that is absolute madness!! Could he actually keep a straight face while saying it? I wore a corset out on Halloween to O'Rielly's and no one batted an eyelid, they were practically up at my chin! I could nearly use them as a shelf to carry drinks back on. That's just..... hilarious!

As for the 'chung wans' in skimpy clothes, surely it should be one rule for all? If it's ok for them to show off their body in such a way, people with tattoo's should be allowed the same luxury.

• Advertisement

Being a woman of ample bussom's myself, I can honestly say that that is absolute madness!! Could he actually keep a straight face while saying it? I wore a corset out on Halloween to O'Rielly's and no one batted an eyelid, they were practically up at my chin! I could nearly use them as a shelf to carry drinks back on. That's just..... hilarious!

As for the 'chung wans' in skimpy clothes, surely it should be one rule for all? If it's ok for them to show off their body in such a way, people with tattoo's should be allowed the same luxury.

I was in O'Reilly's on Halloween too! I probably saw you! :D
    Mine ARE up to my chin in a corset. Despite losing 8.5 stone in the last 2 and a half years, they got bigger, while my back got 10 inches smaller. :pac:

I agree completely with the last statement completely. I'm not gonna lie, I wear revealing clothes if I feel like it on a night out, but I'm never 'hanging out,' I do keep some sense of decorum. :pac: If you can have your ass and boobs hanging out, what's so offensive about a nicely done tattoo on a body part that ISN'T hanging out of your skirt?!

I was in O'Reilly's on Halloween too! I probably saw you! :D
    Mine ARE up to my chin in a corset. Despite losing 8.5 stone in the last 2 and a half years, they got bigger, while my back got 10 inches smaller. :pac:

I agree completely with the last statement completely. I'm not gonna lie, I wear revealing clothes if I feel like it on a night out, but I'm never 'hanging out,' I do keep some sense of decorum. :pac: If you can have your ass and boobs hanging out, what's so offensive about a nicely done tattoo on a body part that ISN'T hanging out of your skirt?!

You probably did! I was the blonde one in a black corset, leather trousers, going around spanking everyone :o (I was a dominatrix... I don't just do that for funsies...)

Haha, snap! They say your boobs are the first to go when you lose weight... they bloody lied! 4 stone gone and they're still here!

The general rule should be if the twins are out, cover your pins! And vice versa! Tbh, i'd be a lot more taken aback by someone wandering about with their bumcheeks peeking out of their shorts than I would be by someone with a few tattoo's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Not unreasonable. The tattooed are generally insecure and looking for trouble. Cover it or remove it

Somebody is looking to cause trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Guys, can people stop reporting/replying to the comments by "Mr Slop Head", the user was banned from this forum at the start of the week, then site banned. Even if he wasn't, then 'feeding the troll' is discouraged anyway.

Damo in like lightening :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Depends on the venue but to be honest tattoos can look a bit rough if on display big time. I know that's not going to be a popular opinion here but that's how a lot of people see it.
    I can see how a bar manager wouldn't want it in their place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I've never been refused entry somewhere, for any reason am I odd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I haven't been either... Had the bouncers debate letting me in, but only on an ID basis! When I was 29, and it was my ex gf's birthday (she was a few years younger).
    They let her walk in, but stopped me to ask for ID, then were debating if it was real or not! One handed it to the other to examine, and they asked me the date of birth and age etc... turns out I was older than both of them... :pac:

I haven't been either... Had the bouncers debate letting me in, but only on an ID basis! When I was 29, and it was my ex gf's birthday (she was a few years younger).
    They let her walk in, but stopped me to ask for ID, then were debating if it was real or not! One handed it to the other to examine, and they asked me the date of birth and age etc... turns out I was older than both of them... :pac:

That'll learn ya for having such a baby face!

The only time I've been refused entry was when I was too drunk to know I was in a pub and the bouncer politely suggested I go home and get some rest :o he was a nice guy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

keane2097 wrote: »
    It's sort of ironic that you seem to think your view of check pattern shirts is objective while pointing out that the other guy's is subjective.

Absolutely.

I couldn't give a **** though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement