Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Manchester United (KO 13:30 - SS1HD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

RVP worth every penny.

A draw would have been fairer, but after the Offside goal not given, I suppose there can be no complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Fare play to fergie for not taking off van persie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ooh Robin van Persie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Man that was some game. Think City controlled it, and the pressure at the end showed that. But United hit great on the break and I think deservedly won, not least considering Young was onside and Evra was fouled for a penalty.

Outstanding win, 6 points ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

How is Tevez not off? Atkinson is completely inept. Straight red needed.

Anyway, I'll take that. Our 100% no draw record is still intact. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Mancini has nobody to blame but himself. Fergie bluffed him in to playing Balotelli. Crazy decision. Completely different team when Tevez came on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Terrible result, totally undeserved but for the City antics; fair enough. Title race still very much alive though...don't doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Is that not what City have been doing for years now?!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I can only imagine the Manchester fuzz are really thrilled about this not to mention the pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Huge win for United in the context of things. Great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Niall Quinn. I want to hear from Niall effing Quinn!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Well deserved win. Should have went 3-0 up after 60 mins and cruising. Terrible decision.

Top of the table. 6 points clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

One of those things, if Clichy had just passed it back to Hart to clear but no he tries to shimmy and loses the ball.

Well played MU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Drumpot wrote: »
    City will be lambasted now . . It only takes one fan to ruin it for everybody . .

Terrible shame for everybody . .
    Far more than 1 fan, as United players had missiles fired at them taking corners too. Certainly a small minority, but a lot more than 1 caused disgrace for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Pj! wrote: »
    How on earth did Tevez stay on? Ref bottled a lot in that game.
    City scum scarring the game at the end.

But what a result!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fairness the first booking was for mouthing at a disgrace of a dive form Rafael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What a game. RVP! RVP! RVP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

jethro081 wrote: »
    when i saw that rio clip first, i thought he had poked himself in the eye pulling up his jersey. got a good giggle out of that.

feel like a bit of a prick now.

Same! On the hole i though a draw would have been fair but was delighted united won seeing what happened to rio. A good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I feel the tears coming on, RVP just take my babies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

City were outstanding second half. It was the best they played all year

If they play like that from here on they'll still win the league imo

jethro081 wrote: »
    when i saw that rio clip first, i thought he had poked himself in the eye pulling up his jersey. got a good giggle out of that.

feel like a bit of a prick now.

I did the exact same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Great game.
    United always have that resolve to eek out a win. Massive to have 6 pt lead at the top.
    Regarding that coin incident I hope city take serious action against any fans who were involved. It's a game of football FFS. If that coin hits Ferdinand in the eye it could have caused serious damage, no player deserves to have that happen.

niallo27 wrote: »
    In fairness the first booking was for mouthing at a disgrace of a dive form Rafael.

Well kicking out like he did is a straight red.

Hopefully he will be rightly done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

That.

Was hugely satisfying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Where did the Rio thing happen, was he celebrating in front of the city fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Title race is between both Manchester clubs now after that Utd win.

Id be very surprised if we clawed back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Brilliant result. Probably the best performance of the season aswell. Bloody love Manchester United :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Unclassy by *some* City fans, throwing stuff at Rooney, hit Ferdinand, fans on the pitch. Very nice.

Wouldn't be surprised to see City docked some points for their fans behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What a game, officiating was dire. Should have been game over with the goal wrongly disallowed and for them to go and score from the next attack just rubbed salt in the wounds.
    Justice served in the end. F**king delighted with that. RvP legend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Great game, disgraceful from the Man City fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

cgpg5 wrote: »
    City were outstanding second half. It was the best they played all year

If they play like that from here on they'll still win the league imo

But they won't because Mancini is a clown. Starting Balotelli instead of Tevez in this game was idiotic in the extreme and typical of the eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Very unlucky city lads, probably deserved the point.

ABUs. Ha! Ha! Smoke on that.

Ohhhhh Robin Van Persie!!!!

You still go on about ABU's? Its weird you celebrate a great win by your team by trying to get one up on someone else? We watch football for totally different reasons.

FatherTed wrote: »
    Unclassy by City fans, throwing stuff at Rooney, hit Ferdinand, fans on the pitch. Very nice.

LOL

Why on earth should they be docked points for a minority of tossers? Even United fans wouldn't like seeing that I'd imagine

A fine is a different matter altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

you looking for some justification you cheeky scamp?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Better than the 4-3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Chagan wrote: »
    Brilliant result. Probably the best performance of the season aswell. Bloody love Manchester United

I thought united were generally poor, but lethally clinical . . Sort of summed up our season . .

Its definitely the most satisfying result in some time . . :D

Looked at the coin incident in slow motion, there are a good few coins being thrown, that was just the one that made contact. You can see them on the grass behind Rio Ferdinand. Disgraceful behaviour...

Oh also, where are the conspiracy theorists now that say United get decisions??
    Did you not just see United have a goal disallowed incorrectly for offside to go 3 up?

Oh right. They'll go into hiding now...

Unclassy by *some* City fans, throwing stuff at Rooney, hit Ferdinand, fans on the pitch. Very nice.

Ha, they won't be docked points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nope united fans are at the end too but close to city fans

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Better than the 4-3?

I think so! Feels fantastic!

• Advertisement

For all the people saying Tevez should have started, he also should have been sent off. Clearly not in an emotional state to play in the derby, and maybe Mancini knew this.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    You still go on about ABU's? Its weird you celebrate a great win by your team by trying to get one up on someone else? We watch football for totally different reasons.

Check what happens in a thread when United are pinned back. Its give and take

Ardent wrote: »
    But they won't because Mancini is a clown. Starting Balotelli instead of Tevez in this game was idiotic in the extreme and typical of the eejit.

Was a poor decision but playing like that will win the majority of their remaining games, which will be enough in my view. They've previously been dropping points in games they should be winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Sacramento wrote: »
    Looked at the coin incident in slow motion, there are a good few coins being thrown, that was just the one that made contact. You can see them on the grass behind Rio Ferdinand. Disgraceful behaviour...

Did you not just see United have a goal disallowed incorrectly for offside to go 3 up?

This poor decision will be quickly forgotten because United win . . :rolleyes:

How can sky even show the Liverpool game, theres so much to talk about . . They must be sorry they chose to show the Pool game . .

PHB wrote: »
    For all the people saying Tevez should have started, he also should have been sent off. Clearly not in an emotional state to play in the derby, and maybe Mancini knew this.

Mario Balotelli in better emotional state shocker :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Throwing money at your problems won't fix them City.
    DDC1990 wrote: »
    RVP worth every penny.

lol.

You've got to wonder why Tevez is so intent on sabotaging himself. He changed the game when he came on and City were rampant.

Even after he was booked he was still mouthing on at the ref, few other niggly fouls then kicking out like that.

Love RVPs interviews!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sacramento wrote: »

Lol get over it

Definitely things thrown at Rooney after his 2nd goal....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Is docking points the answer for everything? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement