Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Manchester United (KO 13:30 - SS1HD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Drumpot wrote: »
    Sky sports viewship just dropped by about 10 million down to 500,000 for the Pool game . .

Can you not just enjoy a Utd victory and leave your LFC hate out of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Half of them aren't real fans and are just genuine thugs.

Docking points would be incredibly harsh

Genuine question here. Not looking to stir anything. But was Rio goading the City fans. When he pulled up his top was that directly in front of them? That's awful carry on if true but I am completely open to correction here. Never excuses a guy throwing a coin though but if it were the case you could see the motive, despite how disgusting it was

Well thats what i was getting at as well, what does he expect if he does that after a last minute winner in front of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

what were tevezs antics?

Apart from kicking Jones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

GET

THE

IN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rumours circulating that the FA have decided to send out a strong message against Carlos Tevez and his behaviour by fining him another 24 pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

what were tevezs antics?

Apart from kicking Jones?

Sustained verbal abuse at the ref which he got a booking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,258 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well thats what i was getting at as well, what does he expect if he does that after a last minute winner in front of them.

You think he should be expecting people to throw things at him?:eek:

Bottle thrown at Rooney after his second goal also, no mention of it on Sky.

I agree that docking points is the only way, that or ban the team captain for 3 matches. Money is not a deterrent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Pj! wrote: »
    Did Sky highlight that? Really surprised there is not more talk in here of it.

Souness and Rednapp both said that Nasri was a wimp and should be ashamed of his actions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

397147_4956919678710_279529203_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Would give Rio MOTM and Rooney a close 2nd, Evans was great before he went off aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Turtyturd wrote: »

Only saying that cos I had a 2-2 draw....but good to know you paid enough attention to go back and dig it out.:pac:
    Just reading over the thread now, it's a good read, some people never learn :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Utd beat their city rivals with a last minute winner and go six points top of the table but yet they still want to talk about liverpool, its great to be so important.

yet you are in here asking if Rio is in front of his own fans as if that would make any difference to idiots throwing coins at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just before any more United fans come in frothing at the mouth wanting points deducted...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/28/manchester-united-fa-craig-bellamy-coin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Pj! wrote: »
    Did Sky highlight that? Really surprised there is not more talk in here of it.

They did, Graeme Souness gave Nasri a terrible time over it.

Good to see so many Liverpool fans took joy from that single anti-Liverpool comment. Lets all be friends.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Tevez had some impact.

Changed the game in City's favour.

Was fouled and should have had a penalty. Didn't and abused the referee getting a yellow card.

Then had a stipid flick at Rafael, should have got a second yellow, but didn't. United get the winner from that freekick.

Then takes an elbow to the face from Jones (not intentional), loses it and swipes a kick at Jones.

Eventful from a guy who only came on after half time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just before any more United fans come in frothing at the mouth wanting points deducted...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/28/manchester-united-fa-craig-bellamy-coin

That was city fans too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I dont think there should be points deduction but welcome to the wonderful world of PR mob ruled FA . . If theres enough outrage the English FA might do something, but once the rags dont go too hard on City you should be fine . .

Im just glad it wasnt a united supporting doing it at Old trafford or people would be asking for United not to be given a football licence . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaysus you're a gas man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

The Soccer mods right now just waiting on a angry fan.....

tumblr_lyb8vr7o4y1qk682c.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

That was Craig Bellamy though! :pac:

Man United should feel bad for beating their little brother!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

someones a bit upset I feel. Fair play to Hart btw.

158023367-joe-hart-of-manchester-city-confronts-a-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qc3SDljEZz%2f1c5MHp0dowRzBlxvg7x0bDuxQhrrofLhoWPdJT%2fHZR8dYNlr98Yk3Vw%3d%3d

A9r0DcOCUAEx6j1.jpg

jaykay74 wrote: »
    someones a bit upset I feel

158023367-joe-hart-of-manchester-city-confronts-a-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qc3SDljEZz%2f1c5MHp0dowRzBlxvg7x0bDuxQhrrofLhoWPdJT%2fHZR8dYNlr98Yk3Vw%3d%3d

Is that one of the Gallaghers:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

someones a bit upset I feel. Fair play to Hart btw.

You would be too

Wearing a hat like that will make anyone over 5 upset :p

Also. Wonder if its the same chap.

G M Police @gmpolice
    Man arrested inside stadium on suspicion of committing a racially aggravated public order offence after officers hear racist chanting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

dunno if it's been posted but GIF of coin hitting Rio

http://i.minus.com/ibvbU7CdYr40Ez.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I always think there's an irony in criticism of players celebrating in front of rival fans, particularly when it's the home fans. I don't see the problem, I mean the fans celebrate of front of the players so why shouldn't the players do similar?

It was a big game with a dramatic late finish, and rio's reaction was to celebrate, as it should have been, not to consider the feeling of opposing fans

If you cant handle an opposing player celebrating on front of you, you're probably following the wrong sport. Try rugby perhaps where they're all in to that ghey gentlemeny ****

English FA to investigate coin thrown at Rio Ferdinand and have warned Manchester United on upsetting opposing fans so much . . FA have stated that once they have read the morning papers and gauge public opinion they will decide what course of action to take .

Ferdinand may be reprimanded for running directly at the coin and creating such a visual horror that taints the entire game. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Not a huge fan of Ashley Young but I thought he was MOTM today, his workrate was top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Drumpot wrote: »
    I dont think there should be points deduction but welcome to the wonderful world of PR mob ruled FA . . If theres enough outrage the English FA might do something, but once the rags dont go too hard on City you should be fine . .

Im just glad it wasnt a united supporting doing it at Old trafford or people would be asking for United not to be given a football licence . .

The fact the director didn't show much of it suggests there is a directive in place to try to sweep any crowd issues under the carpet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Also. Wonder if its the same chap.

G M Police @gmpolice
    Man arrested inside stadium on suspicion of committing a racially aggravated public order offence after officers hear racist chanting

Could be a United fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What's your point? Tit for tat? There should have been points deducted then and there should be now, especially after all that a fan got on the pitch too.

Why wasn't Tevez sent off at the end actually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

It genuinely looks like Rio cut himself celebrating.

If there wasn't so many coins on the ground i'd be sceptical :P

Seriously though, lifetime bans and criminal charges in order.

Could be a United fan

Certainly could. Muppets on both sides

carlop wrote: »
    The fact the director didn't show much of it suggests there is a directive in place to try to sweep any crowd issues under the carpet.

Agreed . .

Ive been at many a game at OT where theres been trouble and was surprised not to hear or read anything about it . . They have a PR war against this stuff and City will be punished because it looks bad in the biggest game the league has today . . It shouldnt be tolerated, but it is sweeped under the carpet alot . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I have zero tolerance for this sort of behavior no matter who the fans are. Every team has yobs like these and it's not the first time this sort of crap has happened this season. So I think a points deduction would be appropriate to help eradicate this stuff but the FA will probably chicken out as usual. Hopefully City will do the right thing and ban those idiots for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

He seem to be facing the fans that throw the coins though, it didnt come from the side or maybe im wrong.

Genuine question here. Not looking to stir anything. But was Rio goading the City fans. When he pulled up his top was that directly in front of them? That's awful carry on if true but I am completely open to correction here. Never excuses a guy throwing a coin though but if it were the case you could see the motive, despite how disgusting it was

Shame on Rio,he totally provocated the "fans" .Can't celebrate a winner against your biggest rivals incase it upsets some scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Even though I backed a 2-2 draw Im pleased with that result for Utd. Facepalm for Nasri's effort in the wall.

The coin throwing incident was reckless but not entirely unexpected from a club with no class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Why should behaviour of a few brainless, minority fans lead to a points deduction? I'm actually shocked to see United fans wanting one. I think it would be awful winning a league just because your rivals got a few points taken off them. If they won by more than the deducted amount then fair enough

Then again a league is a league and all that but in my view it just wouldn't feel right. Better win ye're trophy back fair and square, way sweeter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

1355066934252.gif

Quite a lot of coins on the pitch already by the time rio was hit, as can be seen above. Classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As the dust settles on this whirlwind of a game...I feel Mancini blew it with his team selection. I figured before the match it was a toss up between Tevez or Dzeko to start. I thought it possible he might go with the latter to exploit United's poor record of late on set pieces. I thought it would be wisest to go with the former due to his usually excellent record in derby games against United. But to go with Balotelli? The most unpredictable of the three? Big mistake in my view. That seemed like a decision based on hope and spontaneity rather than on form or logic.

City only really kicked into gear when Tevez came on and and his energy kicked things up a notch. Yes his temperament was an issue but I feel the aggression would have been controlled had he started, and could imagine City going in front with him and Aguero playing.

His team selection is probably not going to warrant much attention in light of what has happened but I think he gambled and it backfired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

yabadabado wrote: »
    Shame on Rio,he totally provocated the "fans" .Can't celebrate a winner against your biggest rivals incase it upsets some scumbag.

If he did what I suspect, it was a classless and highly disrepectful thing to do. He didn't deserve what he got, no way, but Adebayor got booked and lambasted for similar before. It's a terrible thing to do really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Fair play to rio for taking like a man. None of this falling to the deck holding his head business

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

carlop wrote: »

Obviously it won't be swept under the carpet.

A pulsating match had just had an amazing finish, think about the millions of people worldwide watching, they are obviously not going to show much of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Trilla wrote: »
    What's your point?

Pretty obvious what the point is - don't be calling for point deductions when you would've been pissed had it happened your team.

I don't think there should be deductions for either incident. The players earned those points so why should they be penalised for a few idiots in the crowd?

Why should behaviour of a few brainless, minority fans lead to a points deduction? I'm actually shocked to see United fans wanting one. I think it would be awful winning a league just because your rivals got a few points taken off them. If they won by more than the deducted amount then fair enough

Then again a league is a league and all that but in my view it just wouldn't feel right. Better win ye're trophy back fair and square, way sweeter

In fairness we seem to be winning it fair and square at the moment - yeah i know its early but we are doing very well.

Genuinely though, what would you want to see as punishment? Ban the fan? Poxy fine? How do the FA stop this kind of thing long term cause the previous suggestions dont do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Definitely not "100% deserved", City had more chances. You do have to take them at the end of the day though.

Well considering we should have being 3-0 up instead of 2-1 couple of mins later I'm claiming we deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

FatherTed wrote: »
    Hopefully City will do the right thing and ban those idiots for life.
    That's a given. It's what action will be taken against City is the question.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement