Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Manchester United (KO 13:30 - SS1HD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Roar wrote: »
    Quite a lot of coins on the pitch already by the time rio was hit, as can be seen above. Classy.
    TBH it really does look like he hurt himself, wonder what he'll say on twitter later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

In fairness we seem to be winning it fair and square at the moment - yeah i know its early but we are doing very well.

Genuinely though, what would you want to see as punishment? Ban the fan? Poxy fine? How do the FA stop this kind of thing long term cause the previous suggestions dont do that

Yeah I said if ye win fair and square then fair enough. Although were City to say get ten points deducted, there'd be no way back and it would be quite a shame for the league and it would always have that massive asterisk beside it but then again United fans may not care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

There should be no points deduction. Don't want City getting deducted points for one fan.

Anyway 3 points Baby!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Throwing money at your problems won't fix them City.

serious question, did you come up this yourself?! 'cos i'm seeing it all over Twitter and Reddit now but I read it here first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Dacelonid wrote: »
    TBH it really does look like he hurt himself, wonder what he'll say on twitter later

I was thinking the same but watch his face grimace just before the jersey covers it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Yeah I said if ye win fair and square then fair enough. Although were City to say get ten points deducted, there'd be no way back and it would be quite a shame for the league and it would always have that massive asterisk beside it but then again United fans may not care

A shame for the league? Or cause it would be United? 99% sure I know the answer to this.

Also, you said in another post what you suspected? Which is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

It does at first. But look again and he's hit with the coin before he pulls his jersey up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

If nasri was the type of person that would die for the cause he probably would have chosen united instead of city's money, so glad we missed out on him , tough game for city next week away to Newcastle , we have Sunderland at home , could we go 8 or 9 pts clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Uneless his jersey has a razorblade stitched into his shirt I fail to see how that would be possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Possibly my favourite match thread of all time. Particularly with one set of supporters camped in here since City scored and then complaining about obsession, that's a highlight.

Extremely scummy scenes from some of the City fans. Shocking amount of coins on the pitch and then to run on after Rio and apparently the ref, unbelievable. Fair play to Joe Hart though.

As for the game, I thought Rooney was excellent and the combination of Valencia and Rafael on the right was class. I love RVP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Uneless his jersey has a razorblade stitched into his shirt I fail to see how that would be possible
    It looks like he could have cut himself with the fingernail on his thumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

If he did what I suspect, it was a classless and highly disrepectful thing to do. He didn't deserve what he got, no way, but Adebayor got booked and lambasted for similar before. It's a terrible thing to do really

ah, so when your team scores the winner you deserve this, looks might clear picture here. what would you be saying if this happen to one of city's players.riowq.jpg
    riowq.jpg

but some people think he hit him self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Maybe his head literally exploded with delight . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If he did what I suspect, it was a classless and highly disrepectful thing to do. He didn't deserve what he got, no way, but Adebayor got booked and lambasted for similar before. It's a terrible thing to do really

Similar to the incident at the Chelsea game where the steward was injured after Hernandez gestured to the crowd. Not condoning the reaction of the fans but some footballers are totally brainless in situations like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What? You can't be talking about him celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans?:confused:

It sure doesn't.

A shame for the league? Or cause it would be United? 99% sure I know the answer to this.

Also, you said in another post what you suspected? Which is?

A shame in general really. All interest in the league would be gone really. It's not anti Unted. I'm not anti United at all. If united got docked points for some reason and it meant City won the league I'd still be uncomfortable with it. Question, why do you have to get so bloody defensive, eh? I suppose there's no point in me going on cos I'll just be perceived as anti United regardless

What do you mean by what I suspected?i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Not sure if serious?

The United fans were behind that goal as well, ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Pretty obvious what the point is - don't be calling for point deductions when you would've been pissed had it happened your team.

I don't think there should be deductions for either incident. The players earned those points so why should they be penalised for a few idiots in the crowd?

Can't call for something when you'd have been pissed if it happened to you? Why? This kinda one rule for one another for another happens in football all the time.

Points deducted may be harsh but as ridiculous, idiotic and down right scummy some fans can and always will be, I still think points deduction could improve things somewhat. A fan managed to get on the pitch too after all that, shouldn't happen tbf.

manutd wrote: »
    ah, so when your team scores the winner you deserve this, looks might clear picture here. what would you be saying if this happen to one of city's players.riowq.jpg
    riowq.jpg

What are you on about? If Kolo Toure went running around in front of United fans jumping up and down I'd find it disgraceful. If Steven taylor from my own team did it, I;d find it disgraceful

Why does everyone think I'm anti-United? I have nothing against them at all

Can ye not just enjoy your win bar jumping down people's throats?

Also on the coin throwing incident, from the little footage the cameras showed of the crowd in the aftermath, I thought it looked like some City fans were trying to keep hold of the lad who hit Rio with the coin, while the police moved in so they could nab him.

Could be wrong but that was my initial reaction.

adox wrote: »
    What? You can't be talking about him celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans?:confused:

Celebrating in front of opposition fans is just plain disrespectful.

I'm not saying Rio actually did it though

A points deduction is the only way to discourage idiots doing things like throwing coins at opposition players. What good would fining a club like City do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I don't get why celebrating in front on opposition fans is so taboo? Some fans jeer players when they miss, constantly abuse them for 90 minutes but act all precious when a player celebrates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Cop on FFS.
    Rio ran to the United supporters and a coin hit him from the side.Adebayor incident was totally different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What are you on about? If Kolo Toure went running around in front of United fans jumping up and down I'd find it disgraceful. If Steven taylor from my own team did it, I;d find it disgraceful

These kind of comments I always find amusing . . If a United fan defends a ridiculous accusation or statement about the club we are "jumping down peoples throats" or obsessed . We are never simply defending our club, it has to be something else . . .

This thread would go into meltdown if the game was at OT and city scored a winner in the 92nd minute and a United fan hurt a city player . .

Weren't the Utd fans down the end where RVP scored the winner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

A points deduction is the only way to discourage idiots doing things like throwing coins at opposition players. What good would fining a club like City do?

Why not just punish the guilty fan(s)?

Points deduction is unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Sunday 09th Dec.
    1604: Man City 2-3 Man Utd
    Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney: "There is desire and passion at the club, and under Sir Alex we never know we're beaten. It's no fluke how many games we've won late on. We know it could be in injury time or in the first minute. You've got to keep on pushing."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20657350

Wednesday 05th Dec (21:40)
    Man. United 0-1 CFR Cluj Luís Alberto 56
    http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000347/match=2009574/index.html

I don't believe Wayne Rooney.

• Advertisement

Also on the coin throwing incident, from the little footage the cameras showed of the crowd in the aftermath, I thought it looked like some City fans were trying to keep hold of the lad who hit Rio with the coin, while the police moved in so they could nab him.

Could be wrong but that was my initial reaction.

Not even remotely. He was acting the big man "trying" to get down to the pitch knowing full well his mates were holding him back and would continue to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

i think everyone thinks your anti-united, doesn't take a detective to see that. so you still think that every player should be hit with a coin if celebrating after winning a derby in the last few minutes. if so, you are clueless!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Calling for a points deduction is hyperbolic nonsense. No one talked about losing points when United fans hit Bellamy with objects from the stands. Also don't mistake this for condoning our fans today, I've already said that those scenes were disgraceful and to be quite fúcking honest it has completely overshadowed the result for me which in itself was disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BTW, the United fans were behind that goal where Rio was celebrating,City fans were on either side,that's where the coin came from.

I wonder if the guy arrested was yer man in the corner trying to have a go at the cops & his mates trying to hold him back?

Sky reported that there was still trouble after the players had left the pitch.They didn't show any of it as per usual they want the EPL to appear squeaky clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

LiamMc wrote: »
    Sunday 09th Dec.
    1604: Man City 2-3 Man Utd
    Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney: "There is desire and passion at the club, and under Sir Alex we never know we're beaten. It's no fluke how many games we've won late on. We know it could be in injury time or in the first minute. You've got to keep on pushing."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20657350

Wednesday 05th Dec (21:40)
    Man. United 0-1 CFR Cluj Luís Alberto 56
    http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000347/match=2009574/index.html

I don't believe Wayne Rooney.
    He means in the league not the champions league game on Wednesday night.

A shame in general really. All interest in the league would be gone really. It's not anti Unted. I'm not anti United at all. If united got docked points for some reason and it meant City won the league I'd still be uncomfortable with it. Question, why do you have to get so bloody defensive, eh? I suppose there's no point in me going on cos I'll just be perceived as anti United regardless

What do you mean by what I suspected?i

This above. Its classless and highly disrespectful? A terrible thing to do really? After just about every United goal Rio will run over to the corner where the team are celebrating and do that jump onto the players thing he always does. RVP scores, he runs around the back of the goal towards our supporters end. The team follows and celebrate a win. Yet some are people want to look at shifting some blame to Rio. Suppose he shouldnt have been in the way of flying coins really.

Its clear the angle you are coming from bud. Have a nice day

yeah they were in that end corner and Rio got hit from the left hand side,where the city fans were.

manutd wrote: »
    i think everyone thinks your anti-united, doesn't take a detective to see that. so you still think that every player should be hit with a coin if celebrating after winning a derby in the last few minutes. if so, you are clueless!!

Show me the evidence where I'm anti United please

And while you're at it, pick out the post where I said United players should be hit with a coin after celebrating.

Good lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

They were to the left side of the goal, United players ended up on the right side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Celebrating in front of opposition fans is just plain disrespectful.

I'm not saying Rio actually did it though

What about taking corners in front of opposition fans? Because that caused the same reaction from City fans.

The people in the wrong here are the gob****es that threw coins, not the players

• Advertisement

This above. Its classless and highly disrespectful? A terrible thing to do really? After just about every United goal Rio will run over to the corner where the team are celebrating and do that jump onto the players thing he always does. RVP scores, he runs around the back of the goal towards our supporters end. The team follows and celebrate a win. Yet some are people want to look at shifting some blame to Rio. Suppose he shouldnt have been in the way of flying coins really.

Its clear the angle you are coming from bud. Have a nice day

I thought he was goading City fans. Apologies if wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

699605756.jpg?key=1280837&Expires=1355071286&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=cE4AM2fwafWNUQzGaT8aMaExjO3GxHm5NtxaH-pfCI2CnNRtNKMlYqlj6ZLf~dKn8m2YmcIAnOovdhnDxdWlXFI9spkDGGXBFWeZ8K9XU8MHOo57UzJB-Rkjuh6D0yes0ujBrECpfzCgGsqcbKIekVU7C5mOHwmEX13WPW9S1c0_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Comment from Manchester via facebook.

"Sad to see a **** throwing away his benefits money this close to Xmas" :pac:

ceegee wrote: »
    What about taking corners in front of opposition fans? Because that caused the same reaction from City fans.

The people in the wrong here are the gob****es that threw coins, not the players

For God's sake I agree. I've condemned them already. They're idiots

yabadabado wrote: »
    yeah they were in that end corner and Rio got hit from the left hand side,where the city fans were.

Get out of here with your talking sense!

It a lesson to every player dont celebrate with your fans when your team has just scored an injury time winner against your biggest rivals.A vetern like Rio should know better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Any suggesting a points deduction would want to get a grip. A coin was thrown, so what, that's what happens at matches. It's not desirable, but it happens every where and I can guarantee far worse goes in this weekend in every other league in Europe

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Any suggesting a points deduction would want to get a grip. A coin was thrown, so what, that's what happens at matches. It's not desirable, but it happens every where and I can guarantee far worse goes in this weekend in every other league in Europe

Which is why points deductions should be brought in to stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian
    #MCFC saying they will assist police and have issued public apology to Rio Ferdinand

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »

This is the problem

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement