Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Manchester United (KO 13:30 - SS1HD)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

@manutd I'm waiting...

Don't bottle it you were arguing quite well to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

what a result,3points! Sweet! Whoever threw that coin,what a shot! Can't believe it was a copper 2p....could have at least been a £1 coin!

Rio on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

who got MOTM ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

double GG wrote: »
    Rio on twitter.

Now this is daft. He should leave the jokes out of it until punishment has been dealt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Now this is daft. He should leave the jokes out of it until punishment has been dealt

A footballer, not use twitter in the heat of the moment, now you're having a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

As a supporter of things like draw mohammad day it saddens me to see people looking to vindicate violence because the victim might have upset their attacker. I suppose women that wear short skirts and end up getting raped should shoulder the blame for their misfortune too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

@Yabadabodo looking back I think you picked me up wrong. What I had thought was Rio was deliberately celebrating in front of City fans, when you thought I was blaming him for celebrating in the first place I think. He has every right to celebrate of course. Not nice to see what happened at all

If he was trying to goad City supporters it would have been disrespectful and that was my point. Still, it definitely wouldn't have deserved what he got

Anyway we shall leave it. A good 3 points for ye, still in Europe. Fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

double GG wrote: »
    Rio on twitter.

He's not the brightest is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

TEBYLjuG

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

That_Guy wrote: »
    He's not the brightest is he?

I reckon he'd take you in a table quiz :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

This is the problem

I'm not condoning it, just pointing out that in the wider context if issues facing football, a coin throwing incident is largely irrelevant, and near impossible to prevent a reoccurrence. These things happen in life, grow a set of balls, realise you can do nothing about it, and get over it an concentrate on the real issues affecting the game

Talk of points deductions etc is absolutely ridiculous, thats more likely to encourage fan of opposing clubs to attend their games and throw coins, hoping for a deduction then to stop every single fan ever throwing a coin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Points deduction is a silly idea. We could switch our grounds similar to Italy to stop some of it but who would want that.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'm not condoning it, just pointing out that in the wider context if issues facing football, a coin throwing incident is largely irrelevant, and near impossible to prevent a reoccurrence. These things happen in life, grow a set of balls, realise you can do nothing about it, and get over it an concentrate on the real issues affecting the game

Talk of points deductions etc is absolutely ridiculous, thats more likely to encourage fan of opposing clubs to attend their games and throw coins, hoping for a deduction then to stop every single fan ever throwing a coin

You've a very weird outlook on it. Things life this happen, grow a set of balls and realise you can do nothing about it. When added to your so what comment it's clear you dont think its a problem. It clearly is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Of everything that happened on and off the pitch I was most disgusted by Nasri in that wall. And I'm Utd.

TPtFgvy0

Bf3uiof1

As the world watches on the guy hides behind Dzeko!!! He doesn't even jump with the wall. Just gets his body to safety behind Dzeko and sticks his leg out where he should be standing.

City have some real tough players. How on earth can they face him as an equal after that?
    Players make mistakes etc and get slated but that in my opinion beats anything I've seen in some time.

RasTa wrote: »
    Points deduction is a silly idea. We could switch our grounds similar to Italy to stop some of it but who would want that.

If it happen three or four games in a row, would you then deduct points?
    Pj! wrote: »
    Of everything that happened on and off the pitch I was most disgusted by Nasri in that wall. And I'm Utd.

The wall was about 6 yards back not 10 too.

As the world watches on the guy hides behind Dzeko!!! He doesn't even jump with the wall. Just gets his body to safety behind Dzeko and sticks his leg out where he should be standing.

City have some real tough players. How on earth can they face him as an equal after that?
    Players make mistakes etc and get slated but that in my opinion beats anything I've seen in some time.
    He was a total pussy there,stand up and be counted.better to get hit in the face than cost the team a point.I would hope someone ****ed the head of him in the dressing room afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

If I was Mancini I'd get the players to line up and take successive shots at him in training. Repeatedly. From two yards.

When I see him do things like that today I'm so glad he never darkened United's door. A sham of a player.

You've a very weird outlook on it. Things life this happen, grow a set of balls and realise you can do nothing about it. When added to your so what comment it's clear you dont think its a problem. It clearly is

Firstly, I shouldn't have said grow a set of balls, that was a bit flippant

My point is that while it's not desireable, it's a minor issue in relation to other current and past problems in football . It's also something that to take a proactive approach to preventing is extremely difficult without resorting to an over action, which would be punishment not fitting of the crime

Obviously the fan should be identified, arrested and tried in court, but talk of point deductions etc and the reaction to 'crowd trouble' is IMO over the type when the basis for the reaction is just this minor incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Firstly, I shouldn't have said grow a set of balls, that was a bit flippant

My point is that while it's not desireable, it's a minor issue in relation to other current and past problems in football . It's also something that to take a proactive approach to preventing is extremely difficult without resorting to an over action, which would be punishment not fitting of the crime

Obviously the fan should be identified, arrested and tried in court, but talk of point deductions etc and the reaction to 'crowd trouble' is IMO over the type when the basis for the reaction is just this minor incident

An assault is a minor incident now? My word.

Roar wrote: »

An assault is a minor incident now? My word.

Yes, in relation to what goes on in Manchester over the course of this weekend, I would describe a coin throwing incident as minor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yes, in relation to what goes on in Manchester over the course of this weekend, I would describe a coin throwing incident as minor

A coin hit a player near the eye and you call that minor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Trilla wrote: »
    If it happen three or four games in a row, would you then deduct points?

Nah, just play the next game behind closed doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

LiamMc wrote: »
    Sunday 09th Dec.
    1604: Man City 2-3 Man Utd
    Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney: "There is desire and passion at the club, and under Sir Alex we never know we're beaten. It's no fluke how many games we've won late on. We know it could be in injury time or in the first minute. You've got to keep on pushing."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20657350

Wednesday 05th Dec (21:40)
    Man. United 0-1 CFR Cluj Luís Alberto 56
    http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000347/match=2009574/index.html

I don't believe Wayne Rooney.

This post sums up the last 100 posts in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

notsureifserious.jpg

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Called that even as it was being lined up

so did I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,258 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

So in relation to what happens in Syria everyday we shouldnt bat an eyelid if a player gets taken out of it by a grenade?

Are you for real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Jamie Redknapp saying Balotelli needs to look at Tevez for his work rate and desire to play for the club, LOL.

GreeBo wrote: »

So in relation to what happens in Syria everyday we shouldnt bat an eyelid if a player gets taken out of it by a grenade?

Are you for real?

That's not the point in making at all. Football has come a long way interms of fans behaviour, and in this context I would describe a coin throwing incident as minor

As I have stated already, I believe the lad responsible should face the consequences of the law, but I don't see why the scummy behaviour of an individual is being made into such an issue. Throwing a coin is scummy behaviour, not vicious behaviour as was witnessed in Italy the other week by spurs fans, this is minor in relation to that

If it continues to happen then take action, perhaps force city to play games behind closed doors, but forgive me if I'm not all too panicked over what the world is coming to by one chav throwing a coin at rio Ferdinand. Let the police deal with it and move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,258 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

That's not the point in making at all. Football has come a long way interms of fans behaviour, and in this context I would describe a coin throwing incident as minor

As I have stated already, I believe the lad responsible should face the consequences of the law, but I don't see why the scummy behaviour of an individual is being made into such an issue. Throwing a coin is scummy behaviour, not vicious behaviour as was witnessed in Italy the other week by spurs fans, this is minor in relation to that

If it continues to happen then take action, perhaps force city to play games behind closed doors, but forgive me if I'm not all too panicked over what the world is coming to by one chav throwing a coin at rio Ferdinand. Let the police deal with it and move on

More than one chav, the ground was littered with coins and also a bottle was thrown at Rooney after his second goal.
    If you agree its wrong and should be stopped why would you disagree with the most likely way to stop it?
    One would hope that these "fans" wouldnt want to impact their clubs success and so they would stop. A pathetic fine that City wouldnt notice and has zero impact on the fans will achieve nothing.

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »

More than one chav, the ground was littered with coins and also a bottle was thrown at Rooney after his second goal.
    If you agree its wrong and should be stopped why would you disagree with the most likely way to stop it?
    One would hope that these "fans" wouldnt want to impact their clubs success and so they would stop. A pathetic fine that City wouldnt notice and has zero impact on the fans will achieve nothing.

A points deduction is as likely to stop it as it is to motivate utd fans (for argument sake) to go to a city game and throw a coin knowing city may be deducted points for it. As others have said, if it continues perhaps force city to play a game behind closed doors, but until then let the police deal with it on a case by case basis, just as any other infringement of the law is dealt with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Liam O wrote: »
    Jamie Redknapp saying Balotelli needs to look at Tevez for his work rate and desire to play for the club, LOL.
    Whatever you may think of Tevez his workrate cannot be faulted. IMHO any manager who would select Mario over Tevez in a big game such as today's needs his head examined.
    Re the incident after the goal, Rio has a habit of goading opposing fans by roaring into their faces rather than celebrating with his teammates. It was only a matter of time before he got hit with something and while that actions of the eegit in the crowd cannot be condoned Rio should accept some responsibility imo

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Whatever you may think of Tevez his workrate cannot be faulted. IMHO any manager who would select Mario over Tevez in a big game such as today's needs his head examined.
    Re the incident after the goal, Rio has a habit of goading opposing fans by roaring into their faces rather than celebrating with his teammates. It was only a matter of time before he got hit with something and while that actions of the eegit in the crowd cannot be condoned Rio should accept some responsibility imo

Bollox.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rio should accept some responsibility imo

Absolute fúcking bullshít.

tumblr_ma5is4lK2B1roabifo1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TEBYLjuG

:pac:

''Was goal?''

Nasri is such a wimp. Imagine the reaction of his teammates tomorrow when they're looking back over the video or whatever it is they do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mind boggling that people are trying to justify a fan throwing a coin.
    Would only happen when it's a United player on the receiving end...

cambo2008 wrote: »

Its just bizarre. Had to stop replying to some

J. Marston wrote: »

''Was goal?''

Nasri is such a wimp. Imagine the reaction of his teammates tomorrow when they're looking back over the video or whatever it is they do.

Didn't giggs do similar against Liverpool last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't giggs do similar against Liverpool last season?

I think he did and I hold the same opinion of him, it's such a bitch move to hide from a ball like that. Just take a whack, it won't kill ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

How can Mancini say City were "unlucky" with a straight face, when United had a perfectly good goal ruled out which would have killed the game as a contest?

Samir Nasri.... how can he honestly look someone like Kompany, Hart or Zabaleta in the eye after that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

cambo2008 wrote: »

The point people are making is that we don't live in a perfect world and Rio celebrating in the manner that he did incited the City fans. It's not Ferdinand's fault, it's the simpleton who threw the coin at him. Ferdinand was celebrating in a manner to wind up City fans, even the most biased United fan could see that. It's still not his fault, but that's the risk you run when you're celebrating like that.

PA-10552144.jpg

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw coins and all that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Exactly my point.....if you keep trying to wind opposition fans up then don't be surprised when some idiot reacts.
    I should have known better than to expect a reasoned reaction in a United match forum....my bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Exactly my point.....if you keep trying to wind opposition fans up then don't be surprised when some idiot reacts.
    I should have known better than to expect a reasoned reaction in a United match forum....my bad
    I don't give a shíte if Rio whipped his cock out and waved it in front of the City fans, there's no excuse for that kind of reaction. You saying Rio is partially to blame is absolute nonsense, it's akin to saying a rape victim is partially to blame for wearing revealing clothing, in other words, retarded.

No your point was Rio has to take some responsibility for having coin thrown at him. Which, is completely fúcking moronic.

A reasonable reaction would be to shout back at him or whatever, not split his head open with coins.

You should have known better than to post something so fúcking stupid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Can't believe I'm going to defend Ferdinand, but here goes. If fans can't take it, they shouldn't dish it, and throwing coins or any other object at a player is so far out of order that those people have no right being at a sporting event, it's disgusting behaviour.

The only slight bit of criticism I would level at Ferdinand is how he dealt with the pitch invader, he should have walked away as Hart was dealing with him and my criticism is only minor because I can understand why he would react that way in the heat of the moment.

These so called 'fans' shamed my club today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sacramento wrote: »
    No your point was Rio has to take some responsibility for having coin thrown at him. Which, is completely fúcking moronic.

A reasonable reaction would be to shout back at him or whatever, not split his head open with coins.

+1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can't believe people are blaming Rio.

It's like a panto. You go to a game expecting the opposition to be winding you up, celebrating goals. You get emotionally invested. But there's a line you don't cross. You don't climb on stage and attack the Wicked Witch. And you don't attempt to seriously hurt a player on the opposite team cause they are celebrating.

There's a line, and attempting to physically hurt someone is so far past that line, it's gone in the distance behind you. If a player is goading you, scream abuse back, flash the fingers and verbally fight back. THAT is part of the game. But no player should have to fear an assault, no matter what's happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Just like at the game today, there where a few idiots in the crowd, and by the looks of things, there are a few idiots on this forum.

Bottom line is, it was a great game of football, and some idiot who threw a coin at Ferdinand will not ruin it, hope he gets the appropriate punishment dished out to him.

I thought you would have more sympathy for Rio with a username like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Sacramento wrote: »

It's a fair point in spite of your faux-outrage. What Ferdinand did was moronic there's no ifs about it. He's long enough in the tooth to know what football fans are like, particularly when it comes to derby games. I'm not excusing what the fan did, it's entirely his fault. Putting it simply, play with fire and you're going to get burned. Ferdinand knew what he was at and he, given his understanding of the average football fan, was really dumb.

Ferdinand shouldn't have been winding people up. He should have celebrated in a sporting manner. If he hadn't then he more than likely would not have gotten hit. Does that excuse the fan? No, the fan is a retard. This stuff happens all the time without the players inciting the fans. It just so happens that when you are going towards opposition fans lifting your clubs jersey above your head you're more likely to get hit in the fúcking eye. What Ferdinand did was dumb, what the fan did was unacceptable but unfortunately that's where football and a minority the fans are at right now. It's the fans fault, Ferdinand isn't exactly the Virgin Mary though. If I was to provoke someone on a night out by shouting at them and I got a smack I doubt people would have as much sympathy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement