Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Manchester United (KO 13:30 - SS1HD)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Mind boggling that people are trying to justify a fan throwing a coin.
    Would only happen when it's a United player on the receiving end...

Rubbish, it's idiotic, but it has nothing to do with it being a Utd player. I guarantee you when Bellamy was getting pelted by bottles and coins by Utd fans there were people on here justifying it. In fact there was someone on this very thread saying it was ok because it was Bellamy.

There are plenty of these kind of people to go around in all clubs fanbase, both to do the action and defend it. The same kind of people describing a whole fanbase as scum because a few throw coins when their own fans do exactly the same things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

copacetic wrote: »
    Rubbish, it's idiotic, but it has nothing to do with it being a Utd player. I guarantee you when Bellamy was getting pelted by bottles and coins by Utd fans there were people on here justifying it. In fact there was someone on this very thread saying it was ok because it was Bellamy.

To be fair though... it was only Bellamy...

On a lighter note, Man Utd have 39 points after 16 games. Which, despite not playing amazingly to date, gives us a projected total of 92-93 points after 38 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

jive wrote: »
    It's a fair point in spite of your faux-outrage. What Ferdinand did was moronic there's no ifs about it. He's long enough in the tooth to know what football fans are like, particularly when it comes to derby games. I'm not excusing what the fan did, it's entirely his fault. Putting it simply, play with fire and you're going to get burned. Ferdinand knew what he was at and he, given his understanding of the average football fan, was really dumb.
    It just so happens that when you are going towards opposition fans lifting your clubs jersey above your head you're more likely to get hit in the fúcking eye. What Ferdinand did was dumb, what the fan did was unacceptable but unfortunately that's where football and a minority the fans are at right now. It's the fans fault, Ferdinand isn't exactly the Virgin Mary though. If I was to provoke someone on a night out by shouting at them and I got a smack I doubt people would have as much sympathy.

The average football fan isn't a scumbag who throws coin/missles at players.

He wasn't going towards the city fans he was runing into the corner where United were look at the clips again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

To be fair though... it was only Bellamy...

To be fair it was only Rio, it's hard to have smpathy for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The point people are making is that we don't live in a perfect world and Rio celebrating in the manner that he did incited the City fans. It's not Ferdinand's fault, it's the simpleton who threw the coin at him. Ferdinand was celebrating in a manner to wind up City fans, even the most biased United fan could see that. It's still not his fault, but that's the risk you run when you're celebrating like that.

PA-10552144.jpg

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw coins and all that ;)
    And what in the name of f**k has that pic got to do with anything.
    Unless Rio has just thrown a coin???

Rio celebrated at the end where United fans were.
    Suarez celebrates by diving in front of the Everton bench and he's some kind of hero for it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Sacramento wrote: »
    On a lighter note, Man Utd have 39 points after 16 games. Which, despite not playing amazingly to date, gives us a projected total of 92-93 points after 38 games.

Please don't say that

I convinced myself in April that the record points total for a prem points total was going to be broken, then Everton, Wigan and City happened.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

niallo27 wrote: »

I agree, he hasn't asked for sympathy in any case. I'd have more sympathy for the empty headed fan tbh....well pity rather than sympathy.

It's a fair point in spite of your faux-outrage. What Ferdinand did was moronic there's no ifs about it. He's long enough in the tooth to know what football fans are like, particularly when it comes to derby games. I'm not excusing what the fan did, it's entirely his fault. Putting it simply, play with fire and you're going to get burned. Ferdinand knew what he was at and he, given his understanding of the average football fan, was really dumb.

Ferdinand shouldn't have been winding people up. He should have celebrated in a sporting manner. If he hadn't then he more than likely would not have gotten hit. Does that excuse the fan? No, the fan is a retard. This stuff happens all the time without the players inciting the fans. It just so happens that when you are going towards opposition fans lifting your clubs jersey above your head you're more likely to get hit in the fúcking eye. What Ferdinand did was dumb, what the fan did was unacceptable but unfortunately that's where football and a minority the fans are at right now. It's the fans fault, Ferdinand isn't exactly the Virgin Mary though. If I was to provoke someone on a night out by shouting at them and I got a smack I doubt people would have as much sympathy.

It's not faux-outrage, it's genuine outrage at a moronic post.

They were throwing coins at the United players the second they scored, you can see them littered around Ferdinand before he gets one in the face. Ferdinand did nothing wrong and nearly got blinded by a gobshíte yob and your stance is to call both the yob and Rio stupid. I disagree.

Also, the coin hits him before he lifts his jersey, otherwise the jersey would have protected his eye. You're just inventing stuff to suit your argument.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    The average football fan isn't a scumbag who throws coin/missles at players.

He wasn't going towards the city fans he was runing into the corner where United were look at the clips again.

Alright then if we're going to be overly pedantic then I'll change 'average football fan' to 'average football crowd'. From what I saw he ran over to a heap of blue shirts and started stretching his jersey out. If they were United fans then I'm sure United fans would be being blamed. Unless he was actually going to climb into the stand and celebrate with them there was no need to do what he did. I'm not even going to argue how he celebrated because it was such a thinly veiled wind up.
    And what in the name of f**k has that pic got to do with anything.
    Unless Rio has just thrown a coin???

He got into a physical altercation (physical, like a coin is) with Balotelli because Balotelli celebrated toward the United fans. I'm not sure why you can't see the link?

They were throwing coins at the United players the second they scored, you can see them littered around Ferdinand before he gets one in the face. Ferdinand did nothing wrong and nearly got blinded by a gobshíte yob and your stance is to call both the yob and Rio stupid. I disagree.

Also, the coin hits him before he lifts his jersey, otherwise the jersey would have protected his eye. You're just inventing stuff to suit your argument.

No he lifted his jersey before the coins came and he didn't lift it over his face anyway, if he wasn't hit with a coin he would probably be done with incitement.

So you think what Rio did was intelligent and well-mannered? I think if you had any understanding of the fanbase in England that you would agree with me.

Also, he was reaching down to get the bottom of his jersey front so he could stretch it above his head with full-effect. So I don't think I've invented anything to suit 'my argument'. I don't think there is an argument unless you disagree on Rio being a moron by the manner in which he was celebrating. It's still the fans fault. Rio just didn't help the situation.

Alright then if we're going to be overly pedantic then I'll change 'average football fan' to 'average football crowd'. From what I saw he ran over to a heap of blue shirts and started stretching his jersey out. If they were United fans then I'm sure United fans would be being blamed. Unless he was actually going to climb into the stand and celebrate with them there was no need to do what he did. I'm not even going to argue how he celebrated because it was such a thinly veiled wind up.

He got into a physical altercation (physical, like a coin is) with Balotelli because Balotelli celebrated toward the United fans. I'm not sure why you can't see the link?

tumblr_m6dy9pLEUP1qgkmueo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Looks like Nasri is in for a bollocking, Mancini said they had only 2 and half players in the wall!

No he lifted his jersey before the coins came and he didn't lift it over his face anyway, if he wasn't hit with a coin he would probably be done with incitement.

Wrong.

rio_png.0_standard_352.0.gif

• Advertisement

tumblr_m6dy9pLEUP1qgkmueo1_500.jpg

A well-structured rebuttal. You truly have me trumped. I didn't think anyone would pick up on the fact that a coin isn't a physical object but you're just too sharp for me I'm afraid.

So you think what Rio did was intelligent and well-mannered?

I think if you had any understanding of the fanbase in England that you would agree with me.

Also, he was reaching down to get the bottom of his jersey front so he could stretch it above his head with full-effect. So I don't think I've invented anything to suit 'my argument'. I don't think there is an argument unless you disagree on Rio being a moron by the manner in which he was celebrating. It's still the fans fault. Rio just didn't help the situation.

Never said that, I said the fan is an idiot, and Rio did nothing wrong. Coin would have to be thrown or at least the wind up for the throw before was already in motion before he touches his jersey. Sure the gif above shows this.
    So yes, you did invent it.

So grabbing someone is the same as skulling someone with a coin??

Cop on, you're talking bollox at this stage.

Wrong.

rio_png.0_standard_352.0.gif

I'm sure he was lifting it before that coin came too, I wonder what you would think if Suarez scored a winner at old trafford and did that in front of the utd fans.

I'm sure he was lifting it before that coin came too, I wonder what you would think if Suarez scored a winner at old trafford and did that in front of the utd fans.

Don't give a shít about Suarez, just the fact you were wrong in this instance. And you are wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

this is funny.

people bang on about bringing liverpool into a thread and here it is.

you were wrong about him lifting the shirt first so move onto some other bs. give it a rest. its tiresome

and its quite clear it was in front of the united fans

So it was a psychic City fan that threw the coin?
    He knew what Rio was about to do and fired it at him?

Never said that, I said the fan is an idiot, and Rio did nothing wrong. Coin would have to be thrown or at least the wind up for the throw before was already in motion before he touches his jersey. Sure the gif above shows this.

Rio did nothing wrong? lol. We'll have to agree to disagree there. I'm going to take a wild guess that you're a United fan if you hold that opinion. You're entitled to it, but it's moronic.

You don't know when the coin was thrown or how far it was thrown from. I could just as easily say a United fan threw the coin at Rio. There's no evidence for what you have said nor what I have said. They are both as equally pointless. The gif just shows a coin hitting Rio in the face, nothing else. We've established that he's gotten hit with a coin at this point so you don't need to keep posting it. I think you've completely misunderstood my fairly straight forward sentence. Due to your obvious bias I think I'm just gonna leave this here because your logic is horribly flawed.

So grabbing someone is the same as skulling someone with a coin??

Cop on, you're talking bollox at this stage.

Yeah it is the same. It's still assault, brotha.

this is funny.

people bang on about bringing liverpool into a thread and here it is.

you were wrong about him lifting the shirt first so move onto some other bs. give it a rest. its tiresome

and its quite clear it was in front of the united fans

If he was in front of the utd fans I apologise, it looked as if the coin came from head on, the sky pictures I saw earlier showed him lifting his shirt before he was hit.

Rio did nothing wrong? lol. We'll have to agree to disagree there. I'm going to take a wild guess that you're a United fan if you hold that opinion. You're entitled to it, but it's moronic.

You don't know when the coin was thrown or how far it was thrown from. I could just as easily say a United fan threw the coin at Rio. There's no evidence for what you have said nor what I have said. They are both as equally pointless. The gif just shows a coin hitting Rio in the face, nothing else. We've established that he's gotten hit with a coin at this point so you don't need to keep posting it. I think you've completely misunderstood my fairly straight forward sentence. Due to your obvious bias I think I'm just gonna leave this here because your logic is horribly flawed.

Lol. Never heard of anyone up before a judge for grabbing someone's shirt :pac:
    Stop digging brotha...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

lol, without even look at the rest of the drivel that gave me a good laugh

Lol. Never heard of anyone up before a judge for grabbing someone's shirt :pac:
    Stop digging brotha...

http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/ex-army-man-arrested-for-grabbing-former-minister-s-shirt-220960

Knowledge is power my friend.
    lol, without even look at the rest of the drivel that gave me a good laugh

Good stuff.

Does anyone have a video of this incident from a distance so we can clear up where rio was.

You can clearly see the coin hits him just as his hands touch his jersey, JUST LOOK AT THE GIF. So the coin would have been thrown before that yeah? Not sure why it's so hard for you to understand.

Sure my argument is against when you said this:
    It just so happens that when you are going towards opposition fans lifting your clubs jersey above your head you're more likely to get hit in the fúcking eye.

The Gif shows you were wrong and you just couldn't concede....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Blaming the victim.

Brilliant.

Just condemn the scumbag minority and move on. Anything else is just so utterly lacking in any class.

Pathetic.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have a video of this incident from a distance so we can clear up where rio was.

You claim to have seen something that wasn't broadcast, why don't you tell me which feed you were watching? On the Sky and Fox it shows the same thing, a coin is thrown at Rio before he lifts his jersey and hits him as he grabs it, and then actually pulls it up over his head. So you'll have to concede the below point you made. Can you please do that?
    No he lifted his jersey before the coins came and he didn't lift it over his face anyway

Don't see anything there about being before a judge...

If you don't see the difference between grabbing someone by the shirt and nearly taking someones eye out with a coin well I'm surprised you can even use whatever device you're using to post here because it's an idiotic comparison and you are making a fool of yourself.

You claim to have seen something that wasn't broadcast, why don't you tell me which feed you were watching? On the Sky and Fox it shows the same thing, a coin is thrown at Rio before he lifts his jersey and hits him as he grabs it, and then actually pulls it up over his head. So you'll have to concede the below point you made. Can you please do that?

Ok I was wrong about that point, I was watching it at work. I apologise for that. I'm not condoning the fan here, he was a scumbag I would just like to know was rio celebrating in front of the city fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ok I was wrong about that point, I was watching it at work. I apologise for that. I'm not condoning the fan here, he was a scumbag I would just like to know was rio celebrating in front of the city fans.

United fans were at that end too,wedged in between the City fans.Rio was celebrating with his teammates in front of United fans but City fans were mere feet away,he didn't do anything provocative directly in front of City fans.

article-2245454-166DCB9C000005DC-413_634x370.jpg

Pic isn't conclusive but does show the stewards that were separating the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

candy-brainless-tales.jpg

Don't see anything there about being before a judge...

He did go to court, like many others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_(crime)#England_and_Wales

I suggest you brush up on your knowledge of the law, friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

it looked as if the coin came from head on,
    It does appear that way to me too, but there is a second tier above the United fans full of home support.

He did go to court, like many others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_(crime)#England_and_Wales

I suggest you brush up on your knowledge of the law, friend.
    I ain't your friend buddy.
    Congratulations on figuring out how to use google, pretty soon you can be pulling yourself off to all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff :pac:

zerks wrote: »
    United fans were at that end too,wedged in between the City fans.Rio was celebrating with his teammates in front of United fans but City fans were mere feet away,he didn't do anything provocative directly in front of City fans.

article-2245454-166DCB9C000005DC-413_634x370.jpg

Pic isn't conclusive but does show the stewards that were separating the fans.

That picture doesn't make sense though as he was hit on the right eye and the city fans are on the left of him there, the coin seem to come from head on or to the right, it's like the JFK shooting all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rio was celebrating in front of United Fans. My Dad and Brother were at the game. Maybe they are just talking **** though.:D

But continue away people. :pac:

candy-brainless-tales.jpg

To be fair to me that was only a response to someone that said it was only Bellamy that was hit in the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody trying to take blame off City fans is just a lunatic IMO. lets look at some facts of the game -

multiple coins thrown at United players.
    that lunatic that came onto the pitch to get at Rio and the ref.
    Munich songs.
    fireworks thrown at the away end.
    100's of them staying back to fight with the United fans.
    somebody arrested for racism (could be a fan of either club though, most likely to be a City)

not a good day for the club IMO and nobody should be defending the fans that did those things.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I ain't your friend buddy.

I'm praying for a ' well I ain't your buddy, friend' reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

article-2245454-166E14AE000005DC-9_634x350.jpg

article-2245454-166E0963000005DC-246_634x381.jpg

article-2245454-166DF026000005DC-117_634x489.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Relax lads City and United players are....together at the X factor Final

padd b1975 wrote: »
    It does appear that way to me too, but there is a second tier above the United fans full of home support.

The perfect crime. If he got hit by a coin that someone threw in the second tier then it was worth it because it'd be some shot to behold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

zerks wrote: »
    article-2245454-166E14AE000005DC-9_634x350.jpg

article-2245454-166E0963000005DC-246_634x381.jpg

article-2245454-166DF026000005DC-117_634x489.jpg
    Have you got a picture for Jones elbow on Tevez just before he lashed out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Have you got a picture for Jones elbow on Tevez just before he lashed out?

Ya, it was vicious, nearly took his eye out. Deserved a kick for that alright. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That picture doesn't make sense though as he was hit on the right eye and the city fans are on the left of him there, the coin seem to come from head on or to the right, it's like the JFK shooting all over again.
    when lads don't know left from right ,its time to give up.Did you even see the incident?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement