Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Manchester United (KO 13:30 - SS1HD)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Look at Rio celebrating, obv deserved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

patmac wrote: »
    Just watched the Rio incident on MOTD2 typical City throwing money at the problem.

Come on, surely you know that at least one person, let alone thousands of others, has used that line in the last seven or eight hours.

It even hit at least double figures in this thread alone so you probably won't get the thanks you expected unfortunately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

6 points clear but being honest, we will need every single point as City will find the midweek rests of massive benefit when United are in Europe.

However, short term City may have lost Kompany and YaYa to injury and it wouldn't surprise me if Tevez gets a ban. Would be interesting to see how they would cope without the spine of their team.

Went thought most human emotions over those 94 minutes. Almost certain City would nick it but Nasri's attempt to block it turned a pretty ordinary free kick into a win!

Need to push on now with a convincing win vs Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

RasTa wrote: »

Love the reaction of the supporters.

Cant beat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Right, that's cleared that all up. Now line up for your apologies, you first niallo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Both sides will drop points over the xmas period imo so if we get to the FA cup weekend in January with 6 points still between us we should be very happy.

Both sides will drop points over the xmas period imo so if we get to the FA cup weekend in January with 6 points still between us we should be very happy.

Totally agree.United are going to drop points and lose stupid points. Its matter of keeping solid results coming in most weeks and hope that will be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,914 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Come on, surely you know that at least one person, let alone thousands of others, has used that line in the last seven or eight hours.

It even hit at least double figures in this thread alone so you probably won't get the thanks you expected unfortunately.

You know, I came onto this thread late, so don't mind having it repeated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Lol, bitter much?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I was in the United end at the City of Manchester stadium for the first leg semi final of the League cup a few years back and I remember coins raining down on the away end when City scored. Today was hardly surprising, especially when the stewards did nothing about the coins being thrown at Rooney.

Regardless, I don't think it is solely a Man City problem, it is a societal problem that unfortunately effects the demographic you see at football generally. It happens at Old Trafford too, I remember idiots at Old Trafford throwing bottles at Craig Bellamy at the aforementioned League cup game a few years back and a few incidents at other clubs too. Problem is it is very hard to stop.

Delighted with the result today, as soon as Toure's goal went in I must atmit I feared the worst. Luckily we have RVP to count on this season! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Ffs niallo, you're looking for any little thing to try and shift some blame onto Rio. You've been at it since the moment it happened.
    Give it a rest.

What do you expect

1. He's a Liverpool fan
    2. He hates united
    3. Logic doesn't come into it with him and united
    4. If this was kompany at old Trafford hed take the complete opposite view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Shows how utterly stupid the comments earlier were about Rio goading the City fans.

adox wrote: »
    Shows how utterly stupid the comments earlier were about Rio goading the City fans.

You wait and see and they will make another excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Just watching MOTD2 and they've been raving about Tevez but fail to show or mention the kick out at the end where he should have been sent off. Jokers.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

dubmick wrote: »
    Just watching MOTD2 and they've been raving about Tevez but fail to show or mention the kick out at the end where he should have been sent off. Jokers.
    Nothing new there. If it was a United player there would be a witch hunt of the highest proportions. Let them at it, we are United and we don't care! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

You wait and see and they will make another excuse.

did your brother and dad get out ok from that kip? was mental around afterwards, kicked off everywhere.

did your brother and dad get out ok from that kip? was mental around afterwards, kicked off everywhere.

Ya they did thankfully. They said they saw few bits of trouble here and there, but with no colours on they were fine once they got outside.

They said they saw City fan been arrested though for throwing a glass bottle at few United fans. They got out of there asap. They with one my Uncles who lives near Manchester so they in good hands

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

What do you expect

1. He's a Liverpool fan
    2. He hates united
    3. Logic doesn't come into it with him and united
    4. If this was kompany at old Trafford hed take the complete opposite view

Complete embarrassment in this thread tbh.

Rio goaded them into it. Incorrect obviously.

Then he started trying to claim for some bizarre reason it might have been United fans throwing coins at the United players. Why? Obviously, it was a tip or something and Phil Jones was running around collecting these tips up.:rolleyes:

City fans were to Rio's left, a coin struck him in the eye. One of man coins that a section of City fans threw. Rio didn't goad anyone into doing it and he most certainly didn't deserve it. P.S. Van Persie is god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

niallo27 wrote: »
    I give up, are you on the beer all day or what.

Are you on the ganja all day?

Manchester Police have confirmed that a drugs testing kit was also chucked at Rio Ferdinand but he somehow managed to avoid it

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I heard it sailed right past Joe Hart too.:pac::pac:

lordgoat wrote: »

I heard it sailed right past Joe Hart too.:pac::pac:
    Took a deflection off Nasri :pac:

Reports confirmed that Toure then picked it up and ate it. He later claimed he didn't know what it was.

deisedevil wrote: »
    Reports confirmed that Toure Francois then picked it up and ate it. He later claimed he didn't know what it was.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The notion that Ferdinand is in any responsible is laughable, as is the notion that Man City should be deducted points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Don't see why City will be docked points but the return game is set up to be a disaster. Man City completely failed to control a shower of idiots in the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Pity the same outrage over a coin being thrown didn't follow poor Suarez taking one at Everton but I guess it only counts if it hits the target :rolleyes:

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Nobody cares about the goings on in the midtable affairs. The top teams in the league are always going to be more scrutinised than a Liverpool or Stoke game. I'm not condoning it; it's just the harsh reality of the situation.

Man City completely failed to control a shower of idiots in the [/qoute]

not just today,its a regular feature for them now, ive seen more disgusting things at that ground than any other places ive been to. the worst was a bunch of munich singing city fans pushing a completely innocent lad in between a train and a platform then kicking him in the head as he tried to get out from being crushed.
    opr wrote: »
    Pity the same outrage over a coin being thrown didn't follow poor Suarez taking one at Everton but I guess it only counts if it hits the target :rolleyes:

Opr

there was more than once incident today though, theres multiple reports of city fans actinglike animals

• Advertisement

Opr
    Of course it counts more when it hits the target :rolleyes:
    Rooney had coins thrown at him today too and there's barely been a mention of it.

Man City completely failed to control a shower of idiots in the

not just today,its a regular feature for them now, ive seen more disgusting things at that ground than any other places ive been to. the worst was a bunch of munich singing city fans pushing a completely innocent lad in between a train and a platform then kicking him in the head as he tried to get out from being crushed.

Opr

there was more than once incident today though, theres multiple reports of city fans acting like animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

there was more than once incident today though, theres multiple reports of city fans acting like animals

My point is about the idiotic nature of peoples reaction to these things. Player gets coin thrown at them and it garners **** all coverage. It takes something disgusting today like a player to actually get hit with one before the general outrage and hopefully for the FA to actually do something about it. It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye :o

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I've only gotten granted access to posting in soccer forum now so here's my GET THE **** IN UNITED!

Also fair play to Joe Hart for stopping that fool of a fan at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I give up, are you on the beer all day or what.
    Thank **** you finally gave up talking ****e.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Thank **** you finally gave up talking ****e.

Not a word since the video was put up. If he was any good he'd admit he was talking shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

i can't believe a liverpool supporter is trying to suggest a united player deserved a coin in the eye because he celebrated a last minute goal. Talk about transparent pathetic bitterness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No one deserves coins been thrown at them. There is still a scum element in football fans - in every club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Right, that's cleared that all up. Now line up for your apologies, you first niallo :D

I make a full unreserved apology.

I make a full unreserved apology.
    you must feel pretty foolish right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Leftist wrote: »

Not really, many people thought Rio was celebrating in front of the city fans and i said i would apologise if a video proved otherwise and i have, a lot of utd fans were unsure themselves but wont admit it until that video came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Leftist wrote: »

How magnanimous.

It's pretty rare for someone to apologise on the internet, be happy.

Not really, many people thought Rio was celebrating in front of the city fans and i said i would apologise if a video proved otherwise and i have, a lot of utd fans were unsure themselves but wont admit it until that video came out.

yeah sure :D

How good was Smalling when he came on for the injured Evans yesterday by the way? He really was immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

I'm not going to even bring up the vast generlisation you have made of all City fans, but just on your revelation. Firstly, did the guy get out of the way of the train? Because if not that would be manslaughter would it not? If he did get out of they way, it would be an investigation for the BTP, and it would have to be identified as a close call incident which has to be logged and assessed. Neither of which I can find any information of either event happening. I'm assuming a manslaughter case like this would have made quite a large headline news in Manchester at least, the second scenario I would have come across through work as it is a very serious incident.

Maybe I should have opened with this, but what train and or platform are at the City ground? The tram that isn't operational yet? Or are you talking about Picadilly, or the tram stop at Old Trafford?

Finally, if this situation did actually happen, did you report it? Did you contact any emergency services?

Sacramento wrote: »
    How good was Smalling when he came on for the injured Evans yesterday by the way? He really was immense.

Smalling I think could turn out to be one of Ferguson's best ever buys.

Imo he is underrated.

I'm not going to even bring up the vast generlisation you have made of all City fans, but just on your revelation. Firstly, did the guy get out of the way of the train? Because if not that would be manslaughter would it not? If he did get out of they way, it would be an investigation for the BTP, and it would have to be identified as a close call incident which has to be logged and assessed. Neither of which I can find any information of either event happening. I'm assuming a manslaughter case like this would have made quite a large headline news in Manchester at least, the second scenario I would have come across through work as it is a very serious incident.

Maybe I should have opened with this, but what train and or platform are at the City ground? The tram that isn't operational yet? Or are you talking about Picadilly, or the tram stop at Old Trafford?

Finally, if this situation did actually happen, did you report it? Did you contact any emergency services?

lol, talk about desperation in trying to defend these scumbags.

the suituation did happen, 100%. i even took photos of the lads that did it the police came along, pulled your man up and left the lads go, which was a disgrace. to make matters worse, the scumbags were on tv during the game celebrating a City goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

lol, talk about desperation in trying to defend these scumbags.

the suituation did happen, 100%. i even took photos of the lads that did it the police came along, pulled your man up and left the lads go, which was a disgrace. to make matters worse, the scumbags were on tv during the game celebrating a City goal.

I'm not trying to defend anybody. I'm simply pointing out that your story sounds like absolute bull, that's all.

P.S. Qudos for the excellent response. Rather than provide any information that makes an argument, you respond to a possible fictisous story with 'it did happen 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,393 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Smalling I think could turn out to be one of Ferguson's best ever buys.

Imo he is underrated.

I reckon he is going to be an absolute beast. It is a question of who will partner him at United for the next 10 years imo. Pace, power and great reading of the game - brave to the point of stupidity at times though!

I think he is an absolute gem of a player - himself and Vidic were forming a fantastic partnership at the start of last season, would have loved to have seen what would come of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

i hope Mancini lines Nasri up in a 1 man wall for 20 mins every day this week. Gets Toure, Milner, Kolarov, tevez....ahh the whole bloody squad, and lash shots at him.

I reckon he is going to be an absolute beast. It is a question of who will partner him at United for the next 10 years imo. Pace, power and great reading of the game - brave to the point of stupidity at times though!

I think he is an absolute gem of a player - himself and Vidic were forming a fantastic partnership at the start of last season, would have loved to have seen what would come of that.

True and the bigger the game the better he seems to play.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement