Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Manchester United (KO 13:30 - SS1HD)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Looking at this should cheer ye up city fans, for some reason it looks like nasri didnt touch it at all :pac:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-robin-van-persies-match-winning-free-kick-v-manchester-city/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

a 9.8 from Yaya, he has had a few of those this season.

If you don't go down easy then you get fúck all so you may as well dive. Look at Hazard this weekend and even Tevez when he was going through. If either of them went down it was a penalty but because they were honest they got zilch. City would have been beaten by Everton if Dzeko didn't hit the deck like a big lump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHNKCXGBQrM&t=1m35s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Out of interest from previous discussions with you, do you think that Ferguson's mind manipulation doesn't extend to Martin Atkinson? Bottled some big decisions yesterday and didn't seem to give a **** about how Fergie would perceive it.

The decisions that went against United yesterday - offside goal, no pen for Evra, Tevez inexplicably remaining on the pitch - were worse than the decisions in the Chelsea match that everyone seemed to be crying about.

Well he had nothing to do with the offside, it was no pen for evra, tevez should have gone but you also argue Rafael's dive got him booked in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well he had nothing to do with the offside, it was no pen for evra, tevez should have gone but you also argue Rafael's dive got him booked in the first place.

I swear you watch different incidents to the rest of us.

I swear you watch different incidents to the rest of us.

Why, the ref had nothing to do with the offside and I said tevez should have gone.

• Advertisement

Why, the ref had nothing to do with the offside and I said tevez should have gone.

What does Rafael's 'dive' (lol at that by the way) have to do with Tevez being given a straight red?

Evra's was a pen also.

Thats why

What does Rafael's 'dive' (lol at that by the way) have to do with Tevez being given a straight red?

Evra's was a pen also.

Thats why

Well I thought you meant the kick should have been a second yellow, straight red would have been harsh and yes Rafael dived, it was pretty obvious. That's why tevez went mental.

Well I thought you meant the kick should have been a second yellow, straight red would have been harsh and yes Rafael dived, it was pretty obvious. That's why tevez went mental.

Tevez went mental cause he ended up losing the ball having worked hard to tr and keep hold of it.

Straight red harsh? Christ lad.

You were talking shít earlier about Rio and were proven wrong. This is now your new line of attack. Its tiresome

Tevez went mental cause he ended up losing the ball having worked hard to tr and keep hold of it.

Straight red harsh? Christ lad.

You were talking shít earlier about Rio and were proven wrong. This is now your new line of attack. Its tiresome

It's my new line of attack, I was asked a question by another poster about the referees performance and I answered it, I mentioned nothing about the ref before this, why would tevez go mental at the ref if he lost the ball, he was going mental because he gave a free for the dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hold on a minute now, Tevez kick out at Jones with no intention of winning the ball is violent conduct and a straight red card. Anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot or clueless or both.

Rafael got clipped, free kick.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's my new line of attack, I was asked a question by another poster about the referees performance and I answered it, I mentioned nothing about the ref before this, why would tevez go mental at the ref if he lost the ball, he was going mental because he gave a free for the dive.
    You're making a complete show of yourself tbh.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Hold on a minute now, Tevez kick out at Jones with no intention of winning the ball is violent conduct and a straight red card. Anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot or clueless or both.

Rafael got clipped, free kick.

Yes it was straight red thinking about it, but you can understand why the ref didn't send him off, the place would have gone mental, can you at least admit Rafael went down very very easy if you don't want to say he dived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There was contact with Rafael and Tevez's intention was to clip him, why would he go behind him otherwise? Surely he'd have preferred to have pushed Rafael out wide?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    There was contact with Rafael and Tevez's intention was to clip him, why would he go behind him otherwise? Surely he'd have preferred to have pushed Rafael out wide?

Rafeal got his body in front of tevez and threw himself to the ground, why would tevez go so mental at the ref if he clipped him. It's not a major talking point, Rafael played the situation well.

Rafeal got his body in front of tevez and threw himself to the ground, why would tevez go so mental at the ref if he clipped him.

Coz he's trying to make it look like the ref made a mistake?!
    How often do you see players do something stupidly blatant and they still go mental at the ref? Very often.
    Watch the replay, it's clear Tevez caught him and when you're going at such speed, that contact will take you down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yes it was straight red thinking about it, but you can understand why the ref didn't send him off, the place would have gone mental, can you at least admit Rafael went down very very easy if you don't want to say he dived.

What do you expect a footballer to do when someone clips their ankle whilst they're running at a fair speed, ffs?
    You're the pettiest poster I think I've ever seen. You were shown to be talking completely out of your hoop with the Ferdinand incident and now you're trying to get some strange little satisfaction out of saying Rafael dived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Rafeal got his body in front of tevez and threw himself to the ground, why would tevez go so mental at the ref if he clipped him. It's not a major talking point, Rafael played the situation well.

Just a point - Tevez didn't go mental when that was given, he just shook his head and walked away.

Why? Because he fouled Rafael. It was an unnecessary challenge and one of a few fuck ups leading to the goal.

Tevez DID go mental when he picked up a yellow for a free against him on Rafael in the United area. There was nothing in it so his reaction was understandable.

baz2009 wrote: »
    What do you expect a footballer to do when someone clips their ankle whilst they're running at a fair speed, ffs?
    You're the pettiest poster I think I've ever seen. You were shown to be talking completely out of your hoop with the Ferdinand incident and now you're trying to get some strange little satisfaction out of saying Rafael dived.

Ah that's bollox man, a lot of people thought rio ran to the city crowd, you do realise this is not a man utd forum, people are going to have opinions that are against utd.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just a point - Tevez didn't go mental when that was given, he just shook his head and walked away.

Why? Because he fouled Rafael. It was an unnecessary challenge and one of a few fuck ups leading to the goal.

Tevez DID go mental when he picked up a yellow for a free against him on Rafael in the United area. There was nothing in it so his reaction was understandable.

Hang on that's what I'm talking about, I made it clear in earlier posts I was talking about the free kick that tevez was booked for, I'm not talking about the free kick that lead to the goal.

Xavi has it spot on. Rafael did go down easy in our own box. The free RVP scored from was definitely a free.

• Advertisement

Hang on that's what I'm talking about, I made it clear in earlier posts I was talking about the free kick that tevez was booked for, I'm not talking about the free kick that lead to the goal.

Well now...
    It wasn't clear at all but now we're on the same page, we shall move along!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Well now...
    It wasn't clear at all but now we're on the same page, we shall move along!

I though it was, but yes let's move along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ah that's bollox man, a lot of people thought rio ran to the city crowd, you do realise this is not a man utd forum, people are going to have opinions that are against utd.

Hmm, you were by far the most militant in your views on the Rio incident and you're the only one still in the thread trying to get some kind of victory for a foul that happened by a City player in the United box. It's hilarious, tbh.
    You have the 6th most posts in this thread, with most being well after the final whistle. A number of your team's fans came into this thread spouting this shít word that I don't like when it comes to discussing football because I find it stupid, but I feel it somewhat apt here. Obsession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

For a start, Tevez never even got booked for clipping Rafael. He got booked for mouthing at the ref earlier. Also, there's no way Rafael dived. It was a coming together. Anyway, the kick at the end would have been a straight red.

And no, I can't understand why the ref didn't send him off. You don't allow a player to do that just because you're worried the place would have went mental. That's piss poor officiating and prevents Tevez from getting a 3 match ban, forcing City to play the likes of Balotelli or Dzeko.

You and others had a cry about Suarez not getting a pen at Anfield against United for a marginal clip by Evans. The pen Evra should have had was as much a pen as that.

Niallo, you've jumped the shark when it comes to posting about United to the point where it feels like you are trolling. you are so far out of whack with reality, it's like you're arguing black is white. You jump on every thing that you feel you can stir the **** with the United fans.

Guaranteed if yesterday had been reversed completely, City had been on the end of those decisions and Tevez had been hit with a coin celebrating the winner, you'd not have mentioned a thing about how Tevez was an idiot to have the gall to celebrate near the United fans (wtf is this **** about btw? Some drivel been posted today by people who should know better), you'd have laid into the United fans and gone on one of your near legendary tangents about Alex "Mentok the Mndtaker" Ferguson and his incredible psychological hold over the refs in the league.

His reaction wasn't understandable. That's why you get a yellow for a reaction like that. Was it 3 City players booked by Atkinson yesterday for back chat? When was the last time that happened?

I think your a bit harsh on me, with the amount of utd fans on here, anything anti utd is quickly jumped open, small comments can be blown out of proportion and it's looks people may be trolling.

I think your a bit harsh on me, with the amount of utd fans on here, anything anti utd is quickly jumped open, small comments can be blown out of proportion and it's looks people may be trolling.
    You were arguing that Rafael dived so it would have been harsh to dismiss Tevez for a second yellow.
    He should have got a straight red, Rafael incident is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I posted this last night at 11.30pm after it was proven Rio celebrated in front of United Fans
    You wait and see and they will make another excuse.

If Paddy Power had bet on it I be mint:pac:

Obsessed is not the word anymore.

Pfft, you've got a whole Pool army who do exactly the same thing.

Try being a fan of a club with about four active supporters. Anything you say is labelled as "bitter" or sour grapes by at least one clown, whether you've a valid point or not.

• Advertisement

I posted this last night at 11.30pm after it was proven Rio celebrated in front of United Fans

If Paddy Power had bet on it I be mint:pac:

Obsessed is not the word anymore.

Who made another excuse and what was it, I didn't see anyone blaming rio after that video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I've never seen you being anything but Anti United

I've never seen you being anything but Anti United

I have praised utd before, I gave Alex ferguson glowing praise not so long ago.

I really don't feel like I'm being harsh. Your posting about United is so contrary to what has actually happened. You're on the far side of every debate about any incident involving United. It's okay to be biased but it's incredibly frustrating to read that **** every time. Things that I think are impossible to argue, Tevez kicking out at Jones, you find any reason to justify it. You wouldn't make the same effort to justify it had it been Rooney on Gareth Barry. You wouldn't have told us how it was understandable. You'd have told us that it was yet another example of Ferguson's influence over the officials.

His reaction wasn't understandable. That's why you get a yellow for a reaction like that. Was it 3 City players booked by Atkinson yesterday for back chat? When was the last time that happened?

He stays on feet against Evra and gets nothing while clearly being fouled in the box. He then tangles with Rafael who goes down easy and gets a free.

I'd tell the referee to fuck off as well in the heat of the moment so I find it understandable, if you don't then fair enough.

Who made another excuse and what was it, I didn't see anyone blaming rio after that video.

God loves a trier.

Keep going sure.

I know nobody said anything else. Hence another excuse.

• Advertisement

He stays on feet against Evra and gets nothing while clearly being fouled in the box. He then tangles with Rafael who goes down easy and gets a free.

I'd tell the referee to fuck off as well in the heat of the moment so I find it understandable, if you don't then fair enough.

I said at the time if Tevez goes down its a peno. Staying on his feet worked against him.

I never find it understandable and I was probably the worst in the world for complaining to refs. It is moronic and deserved of a card. I hate when Rooney does it because I know it's a sign that he's boiling over and is about to do something like Tevez did yesterday.

Genuinely interested how many City players got booked for back chat. Was it Tevez, Nasri and Zabaleta? Not sure about Zabaleta, that may have been for consistent fouling, defo the other two though. Needless bookings.

I really don't feel like I'm being harsh. Your posting about United is so contrary to what has actually happened. You're on the far side of every debate about any incident involving United. It's okay to be biased but it's incredibly frustrating to read that **** every time. Things that I think are impossible to argue, Tevez kicking out at Jones, you find any reason to justify it. You wouldn't make the same effort to justify it had it been Rooney on Gareth Barry. You wouldn't have told us how it was understandable. You'd have told us that it was yet another example of Ferguson's influence over the officials.

I am biased, I'll admit that but if you say anything anti utd these days, the pack attacks, I have seen perfectly valid points on here being shouted down as being Abu's or some conspiracy ****, it's now wonder people go so far to the other side or else they don't bother posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I reckon he is going to be an absolute beast. It is a question of who will partner him at United for the next 10 years imo. Pace, power and great reading of the game - brave to the point of stupidity at times though!

I think he is an absolute gem of a player - himself and Vidic were forming a fantastic partnership at the start of last season, would have loved to have seen what would come of that.

Evans has been fantastic for the last 18 months i think he will partner Smalling.

God loves a trier.

Keep going sure.

I know nobody said anything else. Hence another excuse.

What excuse though, you lost me.

• Advertisement

I am biased, I'll admit that but if you say anything anti utd these days, the pack attacks, I have seen perfectly valid points on here being shouted down as being Abu's or some conspiracy ****, it's now wonder people go so far to the other side or else they don't bother posting.
    What you think are perfectly valid points are often conspiracy ****...

cambo2008 wrote: »
    What you think are perfectly valid points are often conspiracy ****...

I remember Opr who I think is a great poster making some valid points before and he was just shouted down and the normal tin foil hats pictures came out.

I'd have no problem debating marginal penalty decisions or close offsides, for example, after calming down a bit and seeing it again, I think the lino would have been doing well to call Young as onside yesterday. When a player gets hit in the face with a coin by moronic fans or a player tries to kick a lump out of another, why bother explaining it away or offering up excuses or reasons why it is understandable?

I remember Opr who I think is a great poster making some valid points before and he was just shouted down and the normal tin foil hats pictures came out.

That's because it was tinfoil hat ****e full of confirmation bias and logical fallacies and disingenuous use of statistics. of course you thought it was fine. It's written by people like you for people like you. That'd be like John Travolta saying he thought Tom Cruise was making valid points about Scientology but was misunderstood by the baying mob. Of course he'd say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I think if you go into any thread and spout total ****e over and over again, other posters will pull you up on it.

What excuse though, you lost me.

Now that Rio is cleared its onto the diving and the usual United should of had players sent off etc. not all just you btw.

None of this mentioned after the game before today. Tbf this is not really just about you so no offense more whats happened this season in every single match thread involving United.

There has not been one single game so far where the ABU's have not either wanted a penalty given against us, or player sent off or something that.

If United should of had 10 penalties, then the opposition should of had 15.

If the opposition should of had 2 players sent off, then United should of had 4 players sent off

and so on.

Im out now tbh. No more to say and don't care.

That's because it was tinfoil hat ****e full of confirmation bias and logical fallacies and disingenuous use of statistics. of course you thought it was fine. It's written by people like you for people like you. That'd be like John Travolta saying he thought Tom Cruise was making valid points about Scientology but was misunderstood by the baying mob. Of course he'd say that.

If you remember that match thread, a utd poster posted a link to a guardian piece where it was supposed to show how hard done utd were done by, this piece was just as valid as anything Opr posted yet one was thanked a load of times and taken as gospel and the other was taken as the rambling of a conspiracy theorist.

If you remember that match thread, a utd poster posted a link to a guardian piece where it was supposed to show how hard done utd were done by, this piece was just as valid as anything Opr posted yet one was thanked a load of times and taken as gospel and the other was taken as the rambling of a conspiracy theorist.

If I see a United fan saying United are hard done by generally by refs then I'll call them out on it because it is nonsense. The same way that the stuff OPR was posting was nonsense, and the stuff you were posting about Fergie's psychological hold over the refs in the league. And again I'll ask, where was this psychological advantage yesterday? Or last week when a goal two feet over te line is disallowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Apparently in that the Mirror tomorrow they have said that
    "Ashley Coles mum has said the Rio coin thrower should get a medal"....what a rag She's denied it of course
    Facebook page or something

If I see a United fan saying United are hard done by generally by refs then I'll call them out on it because it is nonsense. The same way that the stuff OPR was posting was nonsense, and the stuff you were posting about Fergie's psychological hold over the refs in the league. And again I'll ask, where was this psychological advantage yesterday? Or last week when a goal two feet over te line is disallowed?

Well the major desicions this week and last week were both made by a linesman and your completely exaggerating my comments I made about ferguson and some refs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement