Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC RF bell

Options
  • 08-12-2012 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

Just curious to know why the bell stops sounding after 20 seconds if the panel is powered down ?? Also if I power it off 12v can I use the panels ext bell + & - ?
    What voltage battery needs to go into it if I power it from the panel ?? I have a 6v battery from a simon sabb .
    How long will the batteries last if I turn "alt LEDs" on? How much is the extra battery pack ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Just curious to know why the bell stops sounding after 20 seconds if the panel is powered down ?? Also if I power it off 12v can I use the panels ext bell + & - ?
    What voltage battery needs to go into it if I power it from the panel ?? I have a 6v battery from a simon sabb .
    How long will the batteries last if I turn "alt LEDs" on? How much is the extra battery pack ?

If the system is set it should ring for the 15 minutes if the control panel has being tampered with.
    Yes you can but if you can get a cable from the control panel to the bell then a wired external bell is a better option. Not sure of the battery back up for the bell if supplying with a 12V supply from the panel but just make sure not to fit the battery pack. Alternatively you can use a power supply with its own back up battery. Using the battery pack with the leds on ALT you will get up to 3 months as only 2 of the batteries from the pack supply the leds. With the second battery pack fitted you will get up to 32 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Would another batt pack from an RF sabb work or is it a specific pack

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Would another batt pack from an RF sabb work or is it a specific pack

It has to be the correct pack. The pack that comes with the bell has two leads. One to connect to the bell and another to connect to a second battery pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I brought back the Version 1 bell for a version 3.1 . Works much smoother . Could I supply the 12v from the panel ? If I did would I need the NiMh battery since the panel has a back up 12v

Advertisement