Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best use for Chocolate Silk cake covering

Options
  • 08-12-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

New to Cake decorating and Sugarcraft. I bought some white Chocolate Silk fondant, I'm looking for tips on how best to use it and what cake types it goes well with. I believe it's a relatively new product here but has anyone used it and could advise? When I bought it I was advised to pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to help soften it for rolling. I was thinking of covering a dense Madeira style sponge with it, but perhaps it has better uses. It looks like it could be a lot heavier than regular fondant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I used it to cover a chocolate cake, and also as modelling, when i ran out. Nice shiny finish on it on the cake. bit sticky for the modelling but it did the trick at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Pwurple, Yea I guess it will be sticky business alright. Do you use icing sugar to help with that just like with fondant or do I need white chocolate powder?

Advertisement