Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Guest Issue

Options
  • 08-12-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all, just a quick one for all you guys.

Honest replies welcome :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If your boyfriend is going to say it to them then I dont see why you need to get involved at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Triman111 wrote: »
    The issue is however, what should we do after this to let them know it wasn't acceptable. My boyfriend can mention it to them and that is fine, but from my perspective, what should happen?

Honest replies welcome :-)

Eh, you've said it yourself.... Mention it to them. What do you actually expect to happen? The way you're going on is like "how should I punish my 6 year old for bringing a frog int the house? Should I take his playstation away??" They're grown men, letting them know that it wasn't on to not tell the pair of you in advance is enough. It's actually not that big a deal like. 2 to 3 days with an extra person who it seems everyone but you knows quite well. To think anything other than your bf saying "hey, would've appreciated a bit of a heads up on (other guy) coming" is needed is a complete overreaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

djimi wrote: »
    If your boyfriend is going to say it to them then I dont see why you need to get involved at all?
    I agree it's up to your boyfriend to sort out.
    Having said that, I don't really see the issue, if guest 3 was brought as a surprise for your b/f I assume he is a close friend. What's another body in a crowded apartment if it's only for the weekend?

Yes they could have told you, but then it wouldn't have been a surprise!
    If I were you I'd head to a friends for the weekend and leave them all to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I assume it was a nice surprise, once off, Suck it up this once if it doesn't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

Does your boyfriend really thinks its out of order or is it just saying it to keep you happy? I'd say the latter. Especially if the visitor is a good friend. You could always have turned him away saying there was no room at the "inn" That would be very seasonal. Alternatively you could just chill out and enjoy the weekend

• Advertisement
Advertisement