Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish-penned Christmas songs of the 21st century?!

Options
  • 09-12-2012 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lamph

I doubt many sogs that fit into this category...
    The only ones I know are the ones that won the Christmas FM song contest... there was the Funzo one ('This Christmas') in 2009,

...and there's this one...

This was a school production that won the competition in 2010. I am totally enamoured with this song... and think it is an indictment of the Irish radio industry that this was not played to death on ALL stations when it was first released in 2010... It's such a cute little song! Should be global imo.

And the thing is... I would never have heard this, if it weren't for the Christmas FM contest. It makes me wonder... what other great songs by Irish musicians have been kept from us by the apathy of the fat greedy radio stations?

Is this song the best Irish Christmas song of the 21st century?!

Comments

Advertisement