Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting lean and having fun. Am i doing it right?

Options
  • 09-12-2012 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm trying to shape up, not bulk just become more defined. I've done the whole weights, treadmill thing for a long time and it has worked but I don't have as much fun with my workout.

I'm trying swimming as my sole workout, 3-4 times a week and just looking for pointers on things I can do to help me reach my goals.

I calorie count and I keep it about 1500 kcal a day.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

paco451 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm trying to shape up, not bulk just become more defined. I've done the whole weights, treadmill thing for a long time and it has worked but I don't have as much fun with my workout.

I'm trying swimming as my sole workout, 3-4 times a week and just looking for pointers on things I can do to help me reach my goals.

I calorie count and I keep it about 1500 kcal a day.

What's your height & current weight? If you just want to get definition you need to get your body fat down & this will be down to diet!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paco451

Hi Burkatron, Weight 85.9kg. Im 6ft 1.

I've cut allot of stuff out of my diet already, white rice, white bread, pasta etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

paco451 wrote: »
    Hi Burkatron, Weight 85.9kg. Im 6ft 1.

I've cut allot of stuff out of my diet already, white rice, white bread, pasta etc.

Your maintenace calories are roughly 2,600, you're on a 1,100 cal defecit. you'll drop weight at roughly 2lbs a week at this rate, if you're finding you're too hungry or tired up your calories as you have alot of scope to play with & still drop weight! Make sure your protein & good fats are your main source of calories!

Burkatron wrote: »
    Your maintenace calories are roughly 2,600, you're on a 1,100 cal defecit. you'll drop weight at roughly 2lbs a week at this rate, if you're finding you're too hungry or tired up your calories as you have alot of scope to play with & still drop weight! Make sure your protein & good fats are your main source of calories!

Thanks for the advice :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

How much swimming do you do for a session?

• Advertisement

How much swimming do you do for a session?

Just got back from a session there.

About 45 minutes of freestyle, combo of sprints and regular effort done in sets.

15 minutes of breast stroke again in sprint and regular, over sets.

Advertisement