Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest internet cafe?

• 09-12-2012 12:33am

Need to download a lot of large linux DVD iso files. Apparently that place in William Street run by Gerry Hannan was the fastest the last time I asked but I think it has closed. Any help much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

PM me what you need if you can wait until Tuesday :)

Anybody?

Right so I've done a bit of research. Moviedrome in Henry Street seem to have a speed of around 10Mb which ain't great in this day and age. Similar speeds in the Station Internet Cafe in Davis Street and the internet cafe across from the launderette in Thomas Street. I suppose it isn't in their interest to have you out of there quicker! Computers in the mentioned cafes are pretty low specced as well. I'm open to suggestions to test out some other cafes. I know there used to be a "Everest internet cafe" in Lower Mallow Street and there's also one down by Wickham Street. Any others guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Broad St/John St, next to Ivan's?

I remember I was in one down in Broad Street a few years back run by a black fellow....I can't remember exactly but I wasn't impressed. Maybe I'll give it another go...cheers for the reply.

• Advertisement

Everest Internet Cafe in Lower Mallow Street is gone. The one in Upper Thomas Street is "E-Net" open Mon-Sat 9:30am-12:30am and is €1 an hour. The place in Wickham Street is the imaginatively titled "PC & Phone Repair cafe" but wasn't open when I passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

UL Library :rolleyes:

Don't you need a student username and password though? :confused: If you're referring to the unsecured wireless network then I can see your point but I'd be wary of connecting my precious up to it. Bound to be computer geniuses out there just waiting for an unsuspecting victim.

Advertisement