Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed for new laptop hardrive

Options
  • 09-12-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question for you all. I have a Asus X52F laptop. The memory is full and i'm running out of things to delete.

Can anyone recommend a hard drive preferably 750GB plus that will be compatible with my laptop and will perform well?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

you can buy a USB mini Portable HardDrive..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If you are looking to replace the drive completely a 1tb drive can be got here cheap enough

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭BENDERS LINKS

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=9052846

Needs a plug^^^, I think these ones are better than the portable. Robbed from BA Thread.

Or

Portable one.

yoyo wrote: »
    If you are looking to replace the drive completely a 1tb drive can be got here cheap enough

Nick
    Oh yea, I think he does mean that...well, he has all bases covered now anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Thanks all, yes I am looking to replace the drive completely. Can anyone recommend any simple to use disk imaging software so I can copy over the existing setup?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Swampy wrote: »
    Thanks all, yes I am looking to replace the drive completely. Can anyone recommend any simple to use disk imaging software so I can copy over the existing setup?

This is as easy as you'll get I'd say, used it before and its good

Nick

What are you gonna do with the one thats in it? Wipe and stick in a caddy? Is their room to put an SSD in aswell as the HDD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

What are you gonna do with the one thats in it? Wipe and stick in a caddy? Is their room to put an SSD in aswell as the HDD?

I'll just keep it in an external enclosure as a back up. No room for a SSD as well as far as I can tell.

Advertisement