Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Classic Rock

Options
  • 09-12-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭

are we allowed discuss this here? Obviously most modern music is built on the sounds of the past, but there are some current bands keeping the 60s and 70s sounds alive to a greater degree (though there's a fine line between retro and pastiche)

quite enjoying the new Tame Impala record, Lonerism - late-60s psychedelic rock with touches of prog and Beatlesy pop. The singer sounds quite like John Lennon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cro mags

check out airbourne. they are a cross between ac/dc and motorhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I quite like Tame Impala. I think they're horrendously inconsistent though. Some of their stuff will have me rocking out in my chair, other songs will make me actually want to turn off the album though.

A band that have me rocking out lately is Blood Ceremony. It's verging on metal (I would call it metal.) But it's mostly early Black Sabbath influenced with a few takes from modern metal. Nice bit of flute in there two to add to the 70's era vibe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6D1fGyoij0

(I'd embed that but I can't find the long link with this crappy new youtube.)

Advertisement