Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted but liked presents

• 09-12-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭

So with Christmas coming, I was wondering have you ever gotten games as presents that you hadn't heard great things about or just wasn't interested in, only to really like them when you tried them?

I remember when I got my gamecube as a present, it came with Crazy Taxi and Burnout. Guessing was a bundle offer. I don't think I hid the disappointment at the games well(Yeah it sounds ungrateful). I'm not a driving game fan
    But when I played them, I found them fun and liked them. Realised then that I'm just not a fan of racing sims. :)

When I got my PS3, again as a present, I got Infamous, the first 2 Uncharteds and James Cameron's Avatar the Game. So was Yay, Yay, Yay, meh.
    Played the other 3 and didn't play Avatar until nearly the following Christmas, just to give it a chance since it was from my parents. Ended up playing and finishing it twice in a weekend to finish each storyline.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

GF bought me Mischief Makers on N64, married the fcuk out of her.

Awesome game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Got this with PES on the PS2 and Mass Effect on the 360. Hadn't a clue why I was given them but I enjoyed them a lot. Credit to my brother in law for the picks.

Advertisement