Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

right, not getting anywhere with this - mini-itx + hd5450 graphics

Options
  • 09-12-2012 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

I got hold of a HP s7610.uk small form factor PC. Ideally I want to set it up as a media centre at the main TV, networked to run videos through HDMI. Now I could use it as it is with the VGA output and sound through the on-boards port but a HDMI PCIe card would be so much better.

So here's where I'm at: bought an Asus HD 5450 1 Gb PCIe GPU and plugged it in - nothing. Went to bios set-up and selected PCI (other option was 'On-board'). Still nothing. Did hours upon hours of searching forums looking for someone trying something similar and nothing. No bios updates from HP.

Now, the mini-ITX has an AMI bios. Those lovely guys don't have a readily available free update for this board (MOCA-AR) and you need to 'subscribe' paying a sub fee to get updates etc: not up for that kinda crap. When I run the proprietary update inspection software it does say there's an update.

So guys, what are my next steps? Should I aim for a GPU with less power requirement? Is power the issue? Or is it a generation issue whereas the HD5450 might not be PCI 1.0 backward compatible? (not sure of the generation of the board). I'm limited in knowledge in this area (but learning through trouble shooting!). Any help is appreciated.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

Advertisement