Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Christmas present!

• 09-12-2012 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Ok so I'm in the process of planning Christmas presents and I want to get my friend a PS3 game (he recently just bought one)

He has fifa, the street fighter x tekken and a few other similar games. As I know don't know a whole lot I was hoping someone could advise me on some good options please :)

and of course apologies if there is already a similar thread...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Get him far cry 3 :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

If he likes Street Fighter X Tekken, the latest Tekken game (Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2) might suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I hear Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge is great

Lee_Carvallo__s_Putt_Challenge_by_LordDavid04.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

+1 on Far Cry 3. Best shooter this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Would you not want to get the other 2 Far Cry games first instead if jumping straight into number 3, just incase there's a story/plot. Bit like the Assassin's Creed series? If plots don't bother you then Assassin's Creed Revelations comes with Assassins Creed 1 aswell, that's 2 games for €13.99 in Smyths:

http://www.toys.ie/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-PS3-!111063-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=c3d8ea33-3351-4d69-ac01-7d1b2871d355

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

van_beano wrote: »
    Would you not want to get the other 2 Far Cry games first instead if jumping straight into number 3, just incase there's a story/plot. Bit like the Assassin's Creed series? If plots don't bother you then Assassin's Creed Revelations comes with Assassins Creed 1 aswell, that's 2 games for €13.99 in Smyths:

http://www.toys.ie/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-PS3-!111063-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=c3d8ea33-3351-4d69-ac01-7d1b2871d355

No, Far Cry 3 has nothing to do with the previous games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You can't get far cry 1 on ps3, far cry 2 is spose to be a bit crap and far cry 3 is a brand new story.

With the assassins creed series, id recommend skipping the first one. I found it so boring, I almost never played the 2nd game which turned out to my favourite game that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah for anyone that likes sandbox games / shooters, I think Far Cry 3 is the greatest present you can give someone, games wise, this year.

I suppose it would help if I had ever played the Far cry games before commenting :)

It's hard to recommend games though for someone ya don't know as everyone has different preferences. I hate 1st person shooters but love the 3rd person games like GTA's and AC's. Am playing a game called Dark Void at the moment, cheap on Amazon.

You'll nearly need to ask what game they would like as there are so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Get him all 3 Uncharted games. You could pick the 3 of them up for the price of Farcry3 and I would argue they appeal to a wider audience so less of a risk that he won't like them!

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »
    Get him all 3 Uncharted games. You could pick the 3 of them up for the price of Farcry3 and I would argue they appeal to a wider audience so less of a risk that he won't like them!

Those games are actually in my wish-list. Dark Void seems to be a knock-off version of Uncharted and I like the gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

If he just got the PS3, you could get him a years subscription to playstation network plus for about the price of a new game?

It lets you download a nice mix of games so you cant really go wrong*

*unless he already has it or has really bad broadband.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    You can't get far cry 1 on ps3, far cry 2 is spose to be a bit crap and far cry 3 is a brand new story.

With the assassins creed series, id recommend skipping the first one. I found it so boring, I almost never played the 2nd game which turned out to my favourite game that year.

I'm actually just delving into Assassin's Creed II at the moment. Really didn't think these games would be my cup o' tea, but I'm absolutely loving it. I can't wait to try out the follow ups when I finish this one.

Also, I don't think I've seen a single thread on here lately with someone mentioning Far Cry 3. You've got issues, lads :P

Watch out for Lucy Stillman, sniff :cool:

Watch out for Lucy Stillman, sniff :cool:

Did you just drop a spoiler on me?

Nope, just implying that she's a good looking bird and you can be easily distracted during gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Nope, just implying that she's a good looking bird and you can be easily distracted during gameplay

Yeah, because that's what sniff means alright or are you referring to sniffing her undergarments? :p

Big Knox wrote: »

Yeah, because that's what sniff means alright or are you referring to sniffing her undergarments? :p

Durty...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I told my GF one of Borderlands 2, Hitman Absoloution,Far Cry 3 get one of those should cover ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Thanks a million for all ye're help. Still no idea as to what to get him, but at least now I have some suggestions.

I'll probably make out a list of games and he can choose one, it won't be a surprise but at least he'll get what he wants and it will look like I've put some research into it (thanks again guys!!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement