Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alone on Christmas day?

Options
  • 09-12-2012 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Who here will be spending ALL of Christmas day alone?

Comments

Not me thankfully but I hope the unfortunate few don't find the day too difficult! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

did it a few years ago ...loved it (had pizza for my christmas dinner and a house to myself ...family were only a few hours drive away...but I decided against going)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I've a friend who will be. Every year He gets min five invites for dinner at least and he refuses every one of them. He says he doesn't mind but ill always wonder if that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

I couldnt no way, thats just wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Woke up about 4-5 years ago in the house alone on xmas morning as had to work before joining the family at home in the afternoon, did feel pretty weird.

Doing the same this year, although will be hopefully alot more xmassy in this work place.

Not sure I could cope with a full day of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I couldn't spend Christmas day alone. If I had no family to spend it with I think I would volunteer at a homeless shelter that does Christmas dinners or something. I would need to be around people, for at least some of the day.

(the rest of the year I love being alone though!) :o

Advertisement