Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spec Requirements for New FM

Options
  • 09-12-2012 5:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Guys/ Guyettes

Looking at purchasing some new hardware to renew my love for the FM franchise.

Just wondering should I be looking at Laptop(Windows) or MacBook (Apple) and what spec to allow it run a smooth quite detailed game??

Also would need to be quite powerful I'd imagine as would look to invest in other games also (hopefully the new GTA if it is out on PC).

Wouldn't be used for much else only the odd bit of web browsing.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

if you get one powerful enough to run GTA it will run FM, aim for specs to suit it but seeing i don't think they are out yet i'd look for stats for highest specs in GTA 4 and SA and try and get the recommended specs and add to the RAM and GFX card.

I'm sure you will get more detailed answers than this but thats my 2c

FM will run on nearly everything just really REALLY slowly if you have a large database (mate is running it on a PC thats 6~ years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

zuzuzu wrote: »
    Guys/ Guyettes

Looking at purchasing some new hardware to renew my love for the FM franchise.

Just wondering should I be looking at Laptop(Windows) or MacBook (Apple) and what spec to allow it run a smooth quite detailed game??

Also would need to be quite powerful I'd imagine as would look to invest in other games also (hopefully the new GTA if it is out on PC).

Wouldn't be used for much else only the odd bit of web browsing.

Thanks in advance

AS Dannie above me says FM will run on most modernish PC's.
    I think your specs for a PC are going to be pushed more by the Graphics card needed to run a new version of GTA rather than by anything FM needs.

What is your budget is usually a better starting point than what do you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I have a computer form like 4 years ago and FM12 runs on it with all logos, about 6 leagues and large database. Anything modern should be good to go. I want to get a computer where I'm able to load up all leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Can anyone reccomend the cheapest way to make that 'dream' possible? Hahah

Update my current laptop, or computer or any cheap enough laptops. Would it be possible to get a laptop for 350-400 that would make FM awesome

Advertisement