Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Query

Options
  • 09-12-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of going through a separation were she has agreed to me buying her out of the family home (value approx €150k-€160k). So I'll be looking for roughly €80k (over 10 yrs). The mortgage is clear and no outstanding debt on the home.
    I earn approx €40k p.a. with stable employment and 45 yrs old.
    My query is would a bank/lending institution loan me that amount?
    Where would be the best rates?
    Would I need a loan or a mortgage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭themoneyguy

Hi

Sorry to hear about your situation.

To answer your questions

Probably - they would lend to the age of 65 so a 20 year mortgage of €80K should be seen as affordable. In saying this I have no idea of other debts you may have that may affect your ability to borrow.

Seeing as you would be borrowing less that 50% of the house value AIB would prob be your best bet ( No connection)

Would I need a loan or a mortgage?
    A mortgage would probably be the most suitable product for you. Loans are usually done over a short term and on higher rates.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Payton

Probably - they would lend to the age of 65 so a 20 year mortgage of €80K should be seen as affordable. In saying this I have no idea of other debts you may have that may affect your ability to borrow.

Thank you for the reply. I'm hoping to borrow the €80K over a period of 10 yrs, I've done my calculations and its do able. I have no other debts, a clean credit history. Just utility bills every 2 months.

Advertisement