Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agreement to buy in the future

Options
  • 09-12-2012 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever heard of a situation where someone commits to buy a property at some stage in the future? Our situation is that we are currently renting a house which we love and would like to buy at some point in the future (ie when we can sell our own property which we are currently renting out). We think it's something our landlord might be interested in but I'd like to have examples of what sort of plans or arrangements can possibly be put in place before we actually approach him.
    Bit of a strange one maybe but if anyone has any ideas or info I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Chiorino wrote: »
    Has anyone ever heard of a situation where someone commits to buy a property at some stage in the future? Our situation is that we are currently renting a house which we love and would like to buy at some point in the future (ie when we can sell our own property which we are currently renting out). We think it's something our landlord might be interested in but I'd like to have examples of what sort of plans or arrangements can possibly be put in place before we actually approach him.
    Bit of a strange one maybe but if anyone has any ideas or info I'd appreciate it.

Google Rent to Buy schemes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'll move this to Accommodation & Property, where you might get better answers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Google Rent to Buy schemes

I thought of something like that but they all seem to be based around developers selling properties, not private sales. I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of private legal agreement.

Advertisement