Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iPod touch wont charge off car radio...

• 09-12-2012 10:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi all. My new iPod touch wont charge off my car radio, whereas my old first generation iPod would! A message comed up on screen saying "This device is not supported" or something like that. It will play tunes though.

Is there anything you can do to allow it to charge from devices like that, and change in settings or software that might help? The radio is a Sony CDX-gt44ip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Since about G3 or G4, the iPod Touch (and similar generation iPhones and iPods) will only accept a charge from a device with the 'Made for iPod' logo, it's a licensing system controlled by Apple and depending on your view of Apple, it's either a cynical way for them to make even more money, or it's to ensure that the device battery doesn't get fried by inferior charging devices.

I have the same issue with my Monster FM Transmitter, it was able to charge my G2 iTouch but the G4 iTouch gives the same message you're getting.

More here....

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1665

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Might there be such a thing as an adapter for non-made-for-ipod devices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's not a physical 'adapter' you need, it's a device with a chip of some sort that the iTouch will recognise which basically means you'll have to buy an approved charger.

I can't see any way by which you could put a gadget between the Sony radio and the iTouch and get the iTouch to accept a charge which I think is what you're asking. There is no real market for such a device. What you'll have to do is get an Apple approved car charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter but I guess that means you then won't be able to plug the iTouch into the radio via the main connector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anytime I used to get that message on an iPhone 4 I just blew into the phone and charger and it worked after. It was from one of the €2 shops and worked fine

Advertisement