Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower door magnetic seal.

• 09-12-2012 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The magnetic seal has started to come off the edge of one of the shower doors. currently about 1/2 of it is still attached to the door and the rest has slipped off the edge of the glass.

Is it just a matter of forcing it back on? I didn't want to apply to much force to the glass or are they assembled differently. Should I apply washing up liquid or something to the glass so it slides on?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its the grey rubber seal?

The glass comes without it, and the rubbers are just pushed on by the installer. You wont need fairy liquid, just push from one end and work all the way down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Davy wrote: »
    Its the grey rubber seal?

The glass comes without it, and the rubbers are just pushed on by the installer. You wont need fairy liquid, just push from one end and work all the way down.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Its like a metalic strip that runs along each door on the edge where it meets. It has a rubber "magetic" insert that grabs the other door edge.

It doesn't seem to want to push onto the door, infact it doesn't look like there's enough of an edge to "grip" the glass.

I'll try take some pics later and post them.

Advertisement