Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth and can't find a job

Options
  • 09-12-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

My Wife is here 6 weeks and just cannot find a job. She has 8 Years experience in finance and banking. She has worked for a two of the biggest fund management companies in Dublin while also working for years with a small construction company in accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.

She has applied for 35 jobs, got replies from 5 and 2 interviews. We've changed the resume 4 or 5 times to actually suit the position she was applying for but still no interview , never mind a job :) Getting really worried. Some of the recruiters are saying she must have Australian Experience plus sap, myob experience.

Anybody with some useful information would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

What visa is she on?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭leon76

Defacto 457 visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Try putting a add on gumtree, or like somebody I know done, she got tarted up to the nines and went into the city and went in to a few coffee shops/cafes and got chatted up by a few high flyers. She told them that she was looking for work etc..she had a few offers at the end of the day.

I would do the same only my facial hair and adams apple might destroy the illusion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

rightyabe wrote: »

I would do the same only my facial hair and adams apple might destroy the illusion...
    You're not trying hard enough!
    http://thedailyfix.com/entertainment/funny-photos/lady-boy-test-pick-guy/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

rightyabe wrote: »
    Try putting a add on gumtree, or like somebody I know done, she got tarted up to the nines and went into the city and went in to a few coffee shops/cafes and got chatted up by a few high flyers. She told them that she was looking for work etc..she had a few offers at the end of the day.

and obviously she is supposed to sleep with them as well right? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

seachto7 wrote: »
    and obviously she is supposed to sleep with them as well right? :rolleyes:

Only if they offer $1m and a chinese dress

Advertisement