Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy 32" Tv

Options
  • 09-12-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Would like to buy one for a present.
    Any deals much appreciated. Thanks.
    Im located in Louth so cant travel too far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Affluenza wrote: »
    Would like to buy one for a present.
    Any deals much appreciated. Thanks.
    Im located in Louth so cant travel too far

Not sure of your budget but saw a 32inch LCD tv Samsung in DID electrical for 319 euro reduced by over 100 euro. If you have an axa card there is a further discount to bring to just under 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Affluenza

Blingy wrote: »

Not sure of your budget but saw a 32inch LCD tv Samsung in DID electrical for 319 euro reduced by over 100 euro. If you have an axa card there is a further discount to bring to just under 300.

Hi thanks saw that tv really nice but I'm after the cheapest one I can find

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ukonline

-

2 models around 270 Euros and they're in Drogheda.

http://www.powercity.ie

A couple of 32 inch TVs in Argos around 250 Euros.

http://www.argos.ie

-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

..sorry wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Sorry to jump in on this one but don't think its worth starting a new thread when my query is so similar...

I'm also looking for a TV as a present, 32" budget of about €300.
    I think I'd prefer to get one of the more famous brand names (Toshiba, Sony, Samsung, LG etc) rather than some of the 'own brand' models most of which I've never heard of.
    LED or LCD...?
    HD or HD Ready, or does it even make a difference at 32"...?
    The person I'm getting it for mostly watches Sky TV (not HD) and downloaded movies and TV shows via a media player.

Any suggestions or recommendations....?

What to look out for, what to avoid etc....?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Sorry to jump in on this one but don't think its worth starting a new thread when my query is so similar...

I'm also looking for a TV as a present, 32" budget of about €300.
    I think I'd prefer to get one of the more famous brand names (Toshiba, Sony, Samsung, LG etc) rather than some of the 'own brand' models most of which I've never heard of.
    LED or LCD...?
    HD or HD Ready, or does it even make a difference at 32"...?
    The person I'm getting it for mostly watches Sky TV (not HD) and downloaded movies and TV shows via a media player.

Any suggestions or recommendations....?

What to look out for, what to avoid etc....?

Thanks.

I'd stay away from entry level Sony and Toshiba and stick to LG and Samsung

Toshiba could be rebranded cheapie like Alba (had a toshiba and alba tv and alba remote worked both!), Sony could have issues regarding media playback from USB. HD ready should be fine for sd sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

This seems quite good, found on mydealpages:

Pansonic 32" - €299

Reviews here

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Samsung 32" instore in Tesco for €299.Spotted it today,can't remember model number.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Affluenza

Found one in currys for €259 any cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,155 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Fairly decent Samsung for €299.99 in Argos. Speakers might be a tad on the light side though but other than that it seems like a reasonable spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭The lips

looking for one myself, this seems the best deal online, haven't hit the shops yet...

http://www.did.ie/lg-32-lcd-hd-ready-tv-32cs460#p-details

I presume all the hdmi ports are side mounted on these to allow for wall hanging

Advertisement