Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chances of surviving a fall

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

...but I broke my collarbone in 4 pieces.

Quite literally, I feel your pain! I joined the broken bone club after 30 years in May. I broke my collar bone in just one place but it was a deusey. Shoulder blade was in four pieces and when I got back to Ireland, they told me here I probably had a couple of broken ribs too. I was travelling at about 20km/h at the time but fell heavily on my shoulder while my passenger decided I would be a nice cushion.
    Peanut2011 wrote: »
    OP, i would not be afraid of the speed I am doing but rather of what stops me!

My other big off was last year when I nearly got decapitated by an agricultural sprayer made of heavy duty steel on a tractor that came loose and swung out in front of me. All I got from that was some cuts, road rash and some very heavy bruises. Not a bad result considering how close to death I had come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

cantdecide wrote: »
    Quite literally, I feel your pain! I joined the broken bone club after 30 years in May. I broke my collar bone in just one place but it was a deusey. Shoulder blade was in four pieces and when I got back to Ireland, they told me here I probably had a couple of broken ribs too. I was travelling at about 20km/h at the time but fell heavily on my shoulder while my passenger decided I would be a nice cushion.

My other big off was last year when I nearly got decapitated by an agricultural sprayer made of heavy duty steel on a tractor that came loose and swung out in front of me. All I got from that was some cuts, road rash and some very heavy bruises. Not a bad result considering how close to death I had come.

Jaysus, if the OP wasn't nervous before, he f**king will be now!!!!! :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Jaysus, if the OP wasn't nervous before, he f**king will be now!!!!! :pac: :pac:

For sale...one bike...never dropped.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Ain't nuthin' :cool:

:P

I was asking myself serious questions after I got fit enough to ride here again. I got my bike here again and insured it and decided it may be time to hang up my helmet if I wasn't comfortable. Immediately on taking her out again, I knew I had a lot more biking to get out of my system. Gotta do what you do...

Advertisement