Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Carpenter Pub - What a Rip off.

Options
  • 09-12-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭

They are really taking the mick now. A regular pub in a housing estate in Dublin 15 charging in excess of a fiver for a pint. Bloody ridiculous :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

I agree pal.4.60 a lager in my local now.Joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

The Clonsilla Inn does pints of Fosters/Beamish for €3.55 and The Bell does a pitcher of Miller (3 pints) for €10, But I was in The Bell on Sat and 3/4 of the pub's tables were reserved!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

That is my answer to the pubs of Ireland.

Also nice bottles of wine for €3.99 for 75cl.

I haven't been in a pub in months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

..for a 70cl bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

doolox wrote: »
    St Etienne in Aldi in Crumlin for €10.49 for 12 cans.
    That is my answer to the pubs of Ireland.

Also nice bottles of wine for €3.99 for 75cl.

I haven't been in a pub in months.
    doolox wrote: »
    ..for a 70cl bottle.

In fairness, I couldn't give a flying sh1te about the prices of drink in a Crumlin Aldi. No offence. D15. Pub. Not comparable.

• Advertisement

dickwod1 wrote: »
    The Clonsilla Inn does pints of Fosters/Beamish for €3.55 and The Bell does a pitcher of Miller (3 pints) for €10, But I was in The Bell on Sat and 3/4 of the pub's tables were reserved!!!
    Yeah, thats my local. €4.35 for a pint of bud in the bar. Looks like it'll be getting a 20c hike from tomorrow. Definitely before the weekend anyway :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

dodzy wrote: »
    Yeah, thats my local. €4.35 for a pint of bud in the bar. Looks like it'll be getting a 20c hike from tomorrow. Definitely before the weekend anyway :mad:

Yeah the tax hike is a joke as the prices are way too high in a pub already should have been put on off sales only as them prices are cheap :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Pub prices have been a rip off everywhere since around 1998, just more so now when no one has any money. The pint price will not have much of an effect in the next 6 weeks as everyone will go out for Christmas regardless and just grumble away about the price, but come January it could sound the death knell for another round of pubs all over the place.

I cannot understand the lack of logic of the Government and suppliers to fail to set a price that's attractive and appropriate for people's incomes that would have the pubs thronged and see an overall increase in revenues, rather than the diminishing return they are getting now. That can be seen by the reluctance to do anything serious about the cheap supermarket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

A lot of places do fosters for 3.55 (used to anyway) also was NEVER advertised either :confused:

Preying you go for the heino :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

A lot of places do fosters for 3.55 (used to anyway) also was NEVER advertised either :confused:

Preying you go for the heino :rolleyes:

Fosters is undrinkable ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Fosters is undrinkable ****e

I used to think that too. Becomes a refreshing beverage when you can have 3 pints for less than a tenner thou;):D:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

In fairness, I couldn't give a flying sh1te about the prices of drink in a Crumlin Aldi. No offence. D15. Pub. Not comparable.

What about a D15 Aldi then?

Or are you just looking to wave torches and swing pitch forks? Local pubs are like that all over the place, not just The Carpenter. I'm somewhat curious to the need you had to point them out in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

5.10 for a Budweiser in my local

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Had our work Christmas party at the Ely bar & restaurant in the IFSC at the weekend, pint of Heineken €5.60. What a lark!

What about a D15 Aldi then?

Or are you just looking to wave torches and swing pitch forks? Local pubs are like that all over the place, not just The Carpenter. I'm somewhat curious to the need you had to point them out in particular.

Forget Aldi, it's a bloody shopping center. No comparison. Crumlin, clonee, it doesn't matter. My point was the price of a pint in a D15 local pub
    5.10 for a Budweiser in my local
    where's that out of interest??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The Carpenter was always a rip off. They've always aimed for an "upmarket" customer I've felt. Hence why it's like a morgue anytime you're in it.

Forget Aldi, it's a bloody shopping center. No comparison. Crumlin, clonee, it doesn't matter. My point was the price of a pint in a D15 local pub

where's that out of interest??
    in rathmines mate

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Carpenter was always a rip off. They've always aimed for an "upmarket" customer I've felt. Hence why it's like a morgue anytime you're in it.

Shoots and misses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

dickwod1 wrote: »

Surprised to read that, the Carpenter always seems to have a reasonable crowd any-time I'm in it. Enough that they afford have a plenty of Bar staff on anyway. Service is good too. I much prefer the Carpenter over the Clonsilla Inn. That said I'd agree they are pitching at a different crowd.

in rathmines mate
    Nuff said ;)

• Advertisement

Nuff said ;)

ye its all top hats and monocles around here ;)

Advertisement