Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Breakfast Roll in North Kildare

Options
  • 09-12-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Anyone know where is the best breakfast roll to be had in Maynooth / Kilcock / Leixlip?

Have had a few dodgy ones but surely there is somewhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Donovans in Maynooth if you specify what you want exactly takes some beating.

However, I'm still trying to find one around here that matches McCanns in Tallaght - they use much softer baguettes, the standard hard ones everywhere else uses tear your mouth off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

nearly sure nisa is maynooth have the soft rolls aswell and the rolls are nice from there, wouldn't go near the spar near the rathcoffey road

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nisa = Donovans.

They do have soft floury baps you can get it in, but what my prefered place (that's 15 miles away) does is have softer baguettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ah right didn't know it was the same place ha

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Applegreen at the maynooth roundabout...when they have hash browns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Donovans is very good alright, soft roll option there too. Buy if there were to be a "Sausage Off" Doolans Centra in Kilcock would win hands down, I'm guessing they buy from the butcher beside them

• Registered Users Posts: 20 miseian

Breakfast bagel from Twist, with the pudding on top, can't be beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

The Elite, Maynooth Main St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

None in Leixlip (Euro spars/super valus don't count)

If you go as far as Lucan, there's a cafe there called the Village Cafe that does a nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Max Moment

Thanks all. I'll give Donovans a try tomorrow. The best around I have found is Mc Loughlins in the Mill Centre Clondalkin. They are by far the tastiest & freshest I have come across but it's too far to venture for a cure when hanging together from the night before :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement