Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bus to take from Connolly Station?

Options
  • 09-12-2012 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just looking for advice on which bus to take for 3 situations:

1) If I wanted to go from Connolly station to Milltown D6? The stop in Milltown that I need to stop at is just up a small incline on the main road through the town, just past a deli/fine foods store called Wilde and Green? The stop is on the same side of the road as this store?

2) If I wanted to go from Connolly to Grafton street? I usually walk but if it's pouring rain I will have luggage so I'll need a bus

and finally

3) If I take option 2, I then need a bus from the grafton street/stephens green area to the stop in Milltown in point 1 above...

Thank you...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

1) Stay on the train to Pearse and then take a 44 or 61 to Milltown from Westland Row
    2) 14 and 15 both take you to Nassau Street
    3) 44 and 61 both serve St Stephen's Green East

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Without looking up the Dublin Bus web site to see which buses service your requirements, would it not be quicker and easier, especially if its raining, to just get a taxi straight to the door in Milltown. You would be there in 20 - 25 mins and not be expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

lxflyer wrote: »
    1) Stay on the train to Pearse and then take a 44 or 61 to Milltown from Westland Row
    2) 14 and 15 both take you to Nassau Street
    3) 44 and 61 both serve St Stephen's Green East

Thank you for your reply. This is probably a stupid question but how do I stay on the train to pearse? I didn't say in my op but I'm getting the sligo-dublin train - the last stop is connolly.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Without looking up the Dublin Bus web site to see which buses service your requirements, would it not be quicker and easier, especially if its raining, to just get a taxi straight to the door in Milltown. You would be there in 20 - 25 mins and not be expensive.

I had thought of that but for some reason I thought a taxi would be very expensive on a Sunday evening at Christmas time with traffic etc and ideally I could do with making a pitstop at a shop on grafton street, I have to pick up something but if I get in too late I won't be going there until Monday so I just wanted to know what options were available to me.

I have looked up Dublin Bus but I always find it hard to use...like I put in the starting point Amiens st and end point Milltown and it said 'sorry no exact matches...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thank you for your reply. This is probably a stupid question but how do I stay on the train to pearse? I didn't say in my op but I'm getting the sligo-dublin train - the last stop is connolly.

Transfer to a southbound DART in Connolly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,833 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Walk to grafton street - 10 -15 mins

Walk to top of grafton street and hop on luas - get off at.....Milltown!!

mfceiling wrote: »
    Walk to grafton street - 10 -15 mins

Walk to top of grafton street and hop on luas - get off at.....Milltown!!

Why didn't I think of that earlier. I much prefer the Luas. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

DART to Pearse. Your ticket from Sligo is valid to Pearse.

The walk from Connolly to St Stephen's Green LUAS is about 20-25 minutes, and from Milltown LUAS stop to where you are going is at least 10 minutes.

The DART and bus will take you door to door.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

lxflyer wrote: »
    DART to Pearse. Your ticket from Sligo is valid to Pearse.

The walk from Connolly to St Stephen's Green LUAS is about 20-25 minutes, and from Milltown LUAS stop to where you are going is at least 10 minutes.

The DART and bus will take you door to door.

You could crawl from Connolly to Stephen's Green in 25 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Birneybau wrote: »

You could crawl from Connolly to Stephen's Green in 25 mins.

Not with luggage cases in tow and people and traffic getting in your way.

All right on a sunny day, but if its lashing rain, I'd be into a taxi and gone.
    O.P. Is arriving in on a Sunday evening, not much traffic around town at that time... home and dry in about 20 - 25 mins for about 20euro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Check the frequency of the 44 and 61 (about an hour each on a Sunday), but they would be the best options to me.

Advertisement