Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Care Centres Built on Separate Contracts

• 09-12-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I came across this story today and if I'm truthful I don't fully understand it.
    I'm just trying to grasp is this a non story as such or is it local politics in action. I'm open minded to both but was hoping to discuss it so that I can gain a better understanding.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/reilly-constituency-care-centres-to-be-built-on-separate-contract-577242.html

"The Sunday Business Post has revealed that both Swords and Balbriggan, which were among five locations added to a priority list of centres, will not proceed under the Public-Private Partnership initially set out for all of the developments.

The newspaper says these centres, along with another five, will go ahead as part of a lease model where a developer will be responsible for building and managing the facility, including the sourcing of a GP."

My questions are what makes it viable for those centres to be treated differently to the others? In which case if there is a justifiable reason this would seem to me a complete non story to me?

Or is this a case of favours being handed out? It could be interesting to know who gets/will get awarded those separate contracts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Very little information to go on. I'm sure questions will be asked during the week. Could these be lands currently owned by NAMA and an attempt to outsource costs and administration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It sounds like it will be about as successful and people will be as happy with it as they are with management companies in a lot of apartment complexes.

Who is going to set down the minimum standards required and enforce them for these private developers? Sounds like you'll end up running out of red tape TBH.

Advertisement