Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QSL cards from 1930s

Options
  • 09-12-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

I'm clearing out my late Dad's papers and among them are dozens of QSL cards from all over the world from 1937 and 1938. Is there any interest in them or do I just treat them as junk?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

bung em on ebay. there are always a few on there.

not going to be BIG money, but somethings better than nothing, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭brownmini

I'm clearing out my late Dad's papers and among them are dozens of QSL cards from all over the world from 1937 and 1938. Is there any interest in them or do I just treat them as junk?

Thanks for any help.

Suggest:

Make contact with local radio club - ask for someone to look at them

Contact your father's radio friends - ask them for advice.
    They would know how important any of the cards are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,064 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I remember seeing G4UZN advertising in Radcom looking for old QSL's. His internet entry hasn't been modified since last year but I presume he is still around.

http://www.qrz.com/db/G4UZN

http://qsl-history.webs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

thanks a million, ye are very kind.

I'm not an ebay user and the thought of putting 100+ cards up for sale sounds like a bit too much work right now.

This was a teenage interest of Dad's - he didn't keep it up so I have no contacts with other radio buffs.

I'll try one or two more angles and then, sadly, I'll just dump them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

if you are going to dump them, I'll pay you postage to get them to me.

I know someone on another forum whos planning a vintage radio shack, old valve radios and he was talking about making replica old cards for the wall. I'm sure he'd love these.

DON'T DUMP THEM!!!!!! :0)

• Advertisement
Advertisement