Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tough carpenters nail bag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Haroldinio wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in the Dublin area that would stock a selection of good quality, leather preferably nail bags siimilar to this one. http://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/product_images/caulfieldindustrial.com/25-033W_L.jpg
    Something that can handle getting wet. Thanks

Why not try snickers work trousers with all the pockets? I prefer them to belts like that.

I you don't like them there's the Dewalt tool belt that would handle what you require.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Haroldinio

I have the snickers anyway for the knee pads, great job but they can't handle the loads that a nail bag can carry. Also wouldn't be suitable in the rain. Dewalt have a huge range alright but i like to like to see the belt in a shop before i buy it. Thanks galwaydude

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭wwwboof

try the market in balbrigain got a leather tool mate bag ot it 5years ago still going its very similar to the rooster one only 30 euro it was monry well spent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

90% of the stuff in balbriggan is either dirt or stolen. I dont buy dirt and i wont buy anything stolen and my own thoughts are that hole should be shut down .

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

I use this leather nail bag for a few years now , I use it for shuttering , roofing and framing . Ive used it alot in the rain and its never effected just give it a good drying .
    Its a great nail bag light and robust especially when im roofing draging myself through rafther spacing etc , and getting caught in scaffolding lugs .

I like it so much im packing it with me when i immigrate to Canada early next year :)

Oh yes i purchased it in Caulfeilds in Galway .

Teepee .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Haroldinio

Scaffolding lugs have claimed a few of mine alright. I just got a Wickes one a month ago and it fell apart all by itself. It'll be leather all the way now. You really do get what you pay for.
    Did you take those pictures specially for this thread Teepee, if so thanks very much. It looks like a reliable one.
    Best of luck in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Thanks , yes I did take them photos of this , it's very hard wearing it offen gets caught in lugs put takes a lot to rip it , I think it's the best nail bag as its on ur left hand side only so you can pick the nails out giving you a choice of pockets . The twin bags just get over loaded and are a killer on the hips the nail bags need to be kept as light as possible and this works for me .

T

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnsey

Haroldinio wrote: »
    Scaffolding lugs have claimed a few of mine alright. I just got a Wickes one a month ago and it fell apart all by itself. It'll be leather all the way now. You really do get what you pay for.
    Did you take those pictures specially for this thread Teepee, if so thanks very much. It looks like a reliable one.
    Best of luck in Canada.

Hey guys the very same tool bag as that one can be got in the eagle centre in greenogue and he has a few different variations too . I have one and they're tough as hell and the leather is nice and soft in them too . Sorry it's a bit late for santy

Advertisement