Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speeds cut. 4.5mbps to 1.5mbps.

Options
  • 09-12-2012 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

Since the other night when my broadband was not working my speeds have been greatly reduced. The modem still shows the line should be capable of 5120 down but I am only getting 1.5mbps down instead of the steady 4mbps I was getting. Distance to exchange has not changed so what happened in Carlow the other night that has budgeted up my broadband? Has the introductory period ended and am I now trapped in broadband hell?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Since the other night when my broadband was not working my speeds have been greatly reduced. The modem still shows the line should be capable of 5120 down but I am only getting 1.5mbps down instead of the steady 4mbps I was getting. Distance to exchange has not changed so what happened in Carlow the other night that has budgeted up my broadband? Has the introductory period ended and am I now trapped in broadband hell?

Hi foggy_lad

Not sure if you have seen my reply here

I've had a look at the connection for you from our side and can see a possible issue with the modem firmware. You are currently running the previous version of the firmware so upgrading this may resolve the issue. This can be done over the phone by calling support on 1890 260 260 (8am - 10pm, 7 days) as they can install the update remotely. Let me know how the call goes.

Regards
    Linda

Advertisement