Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good customer service in Limerick city centre

• 09-12-2012 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

Seeing the thread about bad customer service experiences in Limerick city has inspired me to start a thread on the good customer service I've experienced in the city centre lately.

1. J A Daly's jewellers up by the train station(don't know street name) recently restored my faith in customer service. The lady I dealt with could not have been more helpful, professional or friendly.

2. H Samuels, again great and friendly service, it also helped that I got fantastic price on a watch I really wanted.

3. O'Connors bakery on Cruises street, not somewhere I'd usually go for lunch, however, I couldn't get into my usual haunt Saturday week ago as it was packed solid. Nice coffee and yummy veggie panini.

People are very quick to talk about bad customer service and rightly so, but you rarely hear about good customer service experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

I was in Specsavers on Cruises Street yesterday and the guy that served me was really pleasant and helpful and sent me on my way with a spring in my step. Have to say I generally get very decent customer service wherever I go in Limerick city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There's a man who works behind the Deli in Centra on William Street (at the bus stop) who is an absolute gent. Nice to encounter someone like that who is so jovial in their dealings with the public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Ken Sexton's menswear shop on Thomas St. Really helpful guys, but not pushy. Have never felt under pressure to buy anything, but they've always gone out of their way to help me.
    Have bought a couple of shirts there as Christmas presents and asked if it would be okay if I needed to do an exchange/refund in the new year. Absolutely no problem.

Will definitely go back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

FitzGerald's electricals in Shannon Street have always been very helpful to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I always find the staff in Easons very helpful and personable. I'm going in there for many years and I always find everyone there very professional, friendly and helpful. I have no connections with anyone there so my comments are totally unsolicited.

This thread, by the way, is way overdue because so much time and energy here is taken up with negativity of one sort or another. It's nice for a change, to see people contribute a few words of kindness to others - most of whom are deserving of a little praise now and then - for doing their best in the course of their day's work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Ken Sexton's menswear shop on Thomas St. Really helpful guys, but not pushy. Have never felt under pressure to buy anything, but they've always gone out of their way to help me.
    Have bought a couple of shirts there as Christmas presents and asked if it would be okay if I needed to do an exchange/refund in the new year. Absolutely no problem.

Will definitely go back again.

Agree with that, I've bought stuff there a good few times and the lads are always very helpful, also mention Tony Connollys who are good as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

The guy downstairs in the school book section of O'Mahoney's was very helpful this morning, even pointing me towards other shops that might have what I was looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Four shops that I like shop in because of price and good service:

The Bookshop in the Crescent
    O'Mahony's on O'Connell St
    FSV on Upr William St
    Seoidin on Thomas St

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

o'mahoney's books very helpful
    o'connors cameras william st. very knowledgeable
    connollys menswear very helpful
    matthew stephens very patient with me picking a present for herslef the other day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Concur about O'Mahoney's - always helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I'm always pleased with the staff in Silkes Stationery. Very helpful and pleasant.

Ulster Bank and AIB on O'Connell Street have very nice staff too in comparison to Bank of Ireland on the same street.

KFC in limerick the cresent got an order after the cinema i go there once a week got 2 order for me and my brother half the stuff was missing it was before they were closing on saturday so couldnt go back

on monday i was passing i kepted my recepit and talked to the manager and gave me a voucher for 2 meals the exact same :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the off licence on Fr Russell road is great, Next Door I think its called, the lads in there are really friendly and they sell nice craft beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

The red head in gamestop like neon red hair is the only person in William street that I trust in there

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Always find staff pleasant in newsagents on Quinlan Street beside Souths

Glen Tavern nice to go to for breakfast or lunch as is O'Connell's Bar, good service

O'Briens off licence in Parkway are very helpful and seem knowledgeable

La Cuccina staff always seem in good humour, great food also

Was in Kimberley's Closet in Parkway recently and ended up making 3 purchases when I just went in for a teddy bear

O'Connells butcher on Little Catherine Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'm always pleased with the staff in Silkes Stationery. Very helpful and pleasant.

Ulster Bank and AIB on O'Connell Street have very nice staff too in comparison to Bank of Ireland on the same street.

I love dealing with the Ulster Bank staff in the O'Connell St branch. Lovely folk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Garretts Butchers in Dooradoyle - always top quality customer service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mike O'Connell menswear on Catherine street. Very helpful guys when buying a suit recently. The other shops in town were not so helpful.

Ulster Bank in Castletroy for me. Just in there actually. Pleasant as ever and always way way quieter than the one in town.

I am struggling to think of other places that deserve a mention. Even thanking me for my custom might be enough but can't think of any right now that stand out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

There's a man who works behind the Deli in Centra on William Street (at the bus stop) who is an absolute gent. Nice to encounter someone like that who is so jovial in their dealings with the public

+1. what a legend! He's always in great form!

Would also like to say that any time I go for breakfast in the Horse and Hound, the staff are always very friendly and let you change whatever you want in the breakfast (I dont like black pudding or tomato), so there is never any problem changing. Great stuff up there

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RubyWoo83

Garrets in Castletroy also very good, the petrol station on Clare street (can't think of the name) and can't forget Arabica... always remember my order and everyone else's that goes in there it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

have to say I got treated very well in Connollys and Noels (Wickham st) when buying suits/shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 45 neverwasser

The tall guy in Fine wines of Catherine street with the funny accent, he put me in the right direction to pick up a few beers that I wouldn't normally go for, he was very knowledgeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

The instrument guys in savins on O'Connell Street are always very sound. Savins is one of those instrument shops that still has that club type of feel to it. It'd put you off buying online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Centra on William st., across from Guineys.

Go there every day before work and have done for the last 5ish years and I've never been unhappy.

Especially the lovely blonde girl behind the counter.

I know it's not exactly customer service but the security lads, especially Lodge Security, do a great job keeping staff and customers safe and people often don't see them doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Jack Modays..... Always sooooo pleasant in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I put a deposit on a bracelet in Morintino Silver Jewellery on Catherine St & they couldnt have been more helpful or pleasant in my dealings with them. Will defintely be going back there again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I see that centra william st have been mentioned, I have to add the centra on O'connell st and the centra on upper William St, staff very friendly, they seem to make an effort to get to know your name and always ask how your day was ( and seem to mean it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mods, I know this thread is a year old, but rather than start a new one, I hope it's okay just to bump it?

I'd just like to mention the really helpful girl in Leonidas Chocolates yesterday. She was very helpful and friendly and couldn't have been nicer to deal with. She'd definitely encourage me to go back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Good thread!!

Have to mention the man that's works in the centra on the ennis road across from Gaelic grounds he works down in the butcher & deli section every time I go in there he is so nice. Would have a nice chat and make you want to go back in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

the staff in Mango in Brown Thomas are all so lovely and helpful.

Advertisement