Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good customer service in Limerick city centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

The three ladies who work in the Post Office in Roxboro are always a pleasure to deal with, whenever I go in to buy stamps or pay a bill they have a lovely sense of humour and always greet you with a big smile.

Also went into Denis Kerrisk's Dentist this week and the receptionist was lovely, she had no problem engaging me in conversation even though I usually just keep to myself, Denis himself is a very nice guy too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

caspa307 wrote: »
    The red head in gamestop like neon red hair is the only person in William street that I trust in there

I was going to go on a major rant but then realised the date! All the staff in there now are so nice. They have a new manager who is brilliant and a guy that knows pretty much everything about all games. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

Applause wrote: »
    Also went into Denis Kerrisk's Dentist this week and the receptionist was lovely, she had no problem engaging me in conversation even though I usually just keep to myself, Denis himself is a very nice guy too!

This is my dentist office, Denis is a legend , so nice ! His staff is lovely too! Would recommend him to anyone, and have!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

supermommy wrote: »
    This is my dentist office, Denis is a legend , so nice ! His staff is lovely too! Would recommend him to anyone, and have!
    :)

I couldn't agree more, just having a visit with him has motivated me a lot and I am actually looking forward to going back next month! It's not often you would hear someone saying that about a dentist, especially me. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I was going to go on a major rant but then realised the date! All the staff in there now are so nice. They have a new manager who is brilliant and a guy that knows pretty much everything about all games. Ever.

Dont mean to freak you out Futureguy but you posted that almost a year to the day since Caspa passed away. On a more happy note the manager in William st is Liz. Shes sound out and very friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

I always found the guys at Future Sound and Vision great to deal with.

P.S. Great thread, good service should be recognised!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

jamezy wrote: »
    I always found the guys at Future Sound and Vision great to deal with.

Agree 100%... I've been buying HiFi'sand Tv's from these guys since the worked in Savins in the early 1990's... Top service and aftersaales and always competitively priced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Paul in moviedrome is so sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

djdunny wrote: »
    Dont mean to freak you out Futureguy but you posted that almost a year to the day since Caspa passed away.

That was a tough ole week this time last year. Can't believe how time flies. What a guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Gotta +1 on Arabica - travel up home to Limerick from Cork every weekend and make it my business to pop in here so coffee and carrot cake and the same faces in there every Sunday. That alone says a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Staff in Boots,William St and Crescent SC...all very nice to deal with, great manners.
    No link to them, also agree with Dalys Jewelry too.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

Dealt with almost all of the staff in Gamestop in town recently and they were all very helpful and very friendly.

Been said already but Paul in Moviedrome is a gent went in recently to see had he something and after talking to him once decided no more Xtravision for me very friendly very helpful and has no problem recommending a good film.

Jim Flavin butchers at Greenpark and the lads in Retro Barbers on Denmark Street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Doom wrote: »
    Staff in Boots,William St and Crescent SC...all very nice to deal with, great manners.
    No link to them, also agree with Dalys Jewelry too.

Childers Road Boots excellent service too especially a guy who always seems to be working at the counter down the back of the shop, he has been very helpful on a few occasions with advice on my kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just been out in Finucane's in Eastway Bs Park and they were very helpful and gave us a great deal! Beats Harvey Norman to an inch of their lives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just been out in Finucane's in Eastway Bs Park and they were very helpful and gave us a great deal! Beats Harvey Norman to an inch of their lives!

2nd Finucanes - we always buy from them when possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Camiche7, very helpful, great looking women ;)

Golden grill

Samuels

Diesel

All decent people and very good cs

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Got great service from Mothercare in the Crescent yesterday and not for the first time either I may add. Have bought a cot, stair gates and a buggy there and have always got great advice and no pressure put on you to buy, very helpful staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

FutureGuy wrote: »

The lads in the Crescent are sound too, had a chat with one of them the other evening about a few different things, it's always great when people in game stores actually know and like video games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Always found the manager out in gamestop parkway dead on aswell haven't been in the town one much , But the lads in the crescent are sound aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

The tall guy in Fine wines of Catherine street with the funny accent, he put me in the right direction to pick up a few beers that I wouldn't normally go for, he was very knowledgeable.

Sounds exactly like Stephen Merchant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

The Pier Hotel in Limerick, all the staff are so nice.. Moved to county a few years ago and have stayed there a few times (cheaper than a taxi home) and the staff are the most decent people ever.. Were you ever in a place where the atmosphere was light and friendly? As if the staff enjoyed the banter.. is fab!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Was dining in Chocolat Restaurant tonight. Food was excellent - as usual -
    and glad to report the service from all the staff we met was very friendly and efficient...a very enjoyable experience. No affiliation to anyone there, just a happy (full) customer. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Parchment wrote: »
    2nd Finucanes - we always buy from them when possible.

Same here - we have always bought our electrical stuff from them. Don't bother with anyone else. They deliver when they say they will too.

There is a lovely girl in Superdrug Sarah I think her name is - really helpful and always smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

There is a woman who works in Aldi on the Dublin Road who is an absolute sweetheart. She's always very friendly on the tills. One day I was in there with my elderly father and she was behind me in the queue doing her shopping . I had forgotten to get something so she told me to run back and get it and when I returned she had put my shopping up on the conveyer belt. She is even helpful to customers on her time off!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

All the staff in Maxi Zoo in Ballysimon - they are fantastic, lovely people and so friendly and helpful.

+1 on Paul in Moviedrome, that place is a gem and Paul is always so friendly, great guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Camiche7, very helpful, great looking women

Not familiar with that shop, where is it?

I always find the staff in Specsavers in The Crescent to be incredibly sound, helpful and attentive. They seem to really enjoy their job too which helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Midnight Shadow

One upside of the recession is that customer service is back in vogue...and it really matters...If I get good customer service, I'll go back again to shop.

Tesco Coonagh staff are very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

grenache wrote: »
    Not familiar with that shop, where is it?

It's on Patrick Street by the former Irwin's Jewellers, Penney Arcade, Stitch, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

boomerang wrote: »
    All the staff in Maxi Zoo in Ballysimon - they are fantastic, lovely people and so friendly and helpful.

Couldn't agree more! Warren and the crew: Vicki, Jamie, Lisa, Martin, Caroline, Trish and Kiera are all stars... And I only got to know them from shopping there! That's quite a few names to remember. Says a lot for their customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Sallymills Tearooms in the Milk-Market, exceptional food, great coffee and friendly staff happy to take requests (got a half chai/half coffee thing that was christened the 'Dirty Chai' - delicious!!

Gamestop on William St - Guy with the Scottish(?) accent and glasses has never, ever let me down when i've been in there asking about various games and release dates etc..the knowledge is strong in that one.

Downstairs in Savins - always a pleasure! Bought a kazoo there the other day ;)

Future Sound & Vision - brilliant. So nice to deal with, student discounts and all.....

These are people who are well aware of the fact that the internet can often be a bit cheaper. They more than make up for that by just delivering bloody good customer service. Fair play.

Advertisement