Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good customer service in Limerick city centre

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Gleesons sport scene on upper William st is the only sports shop in Limerick worth shopping in as they are very helpful and very knowledgeable about their equipment and sporting goods, Steven is a great man to deal with in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

excellent service from the pharmacist in Billy Lane chemist - up by the train station. Really informative and friendly - he had glasses. Might be Billy himself, not sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Just had lunch in Cornstore on Thomas St, staff are so friendly, welcoming, and the food is really excellent too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mc Love wrote: »
    Gleesons sport scene on upper William st is the only sports shop in Limerick worth shopping in as they are very helpful and very knowledgeable about their equipment and sporting goods, Steven is a great man to deal with in there!

+1 great staff who are incredibly knowledgeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

SamAK wrote: »
    Sallymills Tearooms in the Milk-Market, exceptional food, great coffee and friendly staff happy to take requests (got a half chai/half coffee thing that was christened the 'Dirty Chai' - delicious!!

Gamestop on William St - Guy with the Scottish(?) accent and glasses has never, ever let me down when i've been in there asking about various games and release dates etc..the knowledge is strong in that one.

Downstairs in Savins - always a pleasure! Bought a kazoo there the other day ;)

Future Sound & Vision - brilliant. So nice to deal with, student discounts and all.....

These are people who are well aware of the fact that the internet can often be a bit cheaper. They more than make up for that by just delivering bloody good customer service. Fair play.

+1 on gamestop guy, knowledge & his general attitude are top notch!

Also black haired man in town easons, one of the few who seemingly likes custmers in there, always very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mc Love wrote: »

Is also probably the only sports store in Limerick that could be regarded as a "proper" sports store in terms of both stock and product knowledge. Most of the other "sports stores" are glorified fashion outlets for the most part.

100% agree about the knowledge of those working in Gleesons, and Steven is a great man to chat with on all things running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

moby2101 wrote: »
    Just had lunch in Cornstore on Thomas St, staff are so friendly, welcoming, and the food is really excellent too!

Same here had lunch there today, was delicious! Staff were very courteous abs helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

One upside of the recession is that customer service is back in vogue...and it really matters...If I get good customer service, I'll go back again to shop.

Tesco Coonagh staff are very good

Second that. Was in last Thursday to get a specific product. None available. The duty manager I spoke with Steven said they were getting a batch in the next day. I asked would he hold 3 for me and I would collect after work on Friday. He rang me himself Friday morning to say the items were held behind customer service desk.

Its the first time I have been impressed in a long time in the retail industry.

Well done Steven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Okay to bump this Mods?

Just wanted to say that I had to go to Treaty Veterinary Clinic in Thomandgate during the week. Didn't have an appointment and had never been there before, but they were absolutely lovely, both the receptionist/nurse and the vet. Really helpful and I'd have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

Crescent Veterinary Clinic on the other hand. Now that's a different story altogether!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Always get great service from the lovely ladies working in Mango in BT's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Went into Carew's Leather Shop in Wm. Street last week to have something repaired, hopefully in a rush. job done in 15 mins, with a smile and a very modest charge.

One of the dwindling old-style shops in Limerick that still offers great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Specsavers in Cruises St are very nice to deal with. Even if it's something that doesn't get them money like tightening something in glasses they are still really nice and friendly. Definitely going to using them as my opticians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

tippman1 wrote: »
    Went into Carew's Leather Shop in Wm. Street last week to have something repaired, hopefully in a rush. job done in 15 mins, with a smile and a very modest charge.

One of the dwindling old-style shops in Limerick that still offers great service.

That's a super shop, they have sorted a lot of stuff for us and as you say for a modest charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

Specsavers Cruises Street are lovely and very helpful.

Matthew Stephens are wonderful! We got our engagement ring there and there is no pressure to spend big. They really give you a great service and a great deal (my ring was on special & reduced by 200euro). They had a lot of very reasonably priced rings. We also got a lovely big bottle of bubbly free to celebrate. Olivia was just so great to deal with.

OMahonys and Easons are always lovely too.

The coffee shop upstairs in Arthur's Quay are very nice too... just can't remember the name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

+1 for Matthew Stephens. Got a great deal there on a watch recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

tippman1 wrote: »

Yes, I've always had good service from Carew's.

...The coffee shop upstairs in Arthur's Quay are very nice too... just can't remember the name!

There are two, aren't there? A small one that does meals as well, and a large one with comfy sofas etc. Not tried the small one, but the large one is good, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Cellar Door coffee shop in Foxes Bow. It's usually Abigail that's there when I've gone in, she's always very weloming and friendly.

Helps that I adore the cafe itself too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Cellar Door coffee shop in Foxes Bow. It's usually Abigail that's there when I've gone in, she's always very weloming and friendly.

I was wondering what it was like in there. We were going to go in last week but it smelled musty from upstairs so we gave it a miss. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Great customer service in Maxi Zoo, ballysimon rd. English chap..great info..friendly and gave a few squid off some products plus a voucher..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

padma wrote: »
    Great customer service in Maxi Zoo, ballysimon rd. English chap..great info..friendly and gave a few squid off some products plus a voucher..

I wrote a few pages back about all the staff in Maxi Zoo... Warren (mentioned above) is now a good friend, despite never having met the man before walking in their doors.

The rest of the staff are from the same mould. Vicky, Jamie, Lisa, Caroline, Trish, Martin, Kiera, Alan and Katy...

We're in there more often just to chat than spend money, and let the dogs day hi.

A great store, with great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I didnt go back too many pages..but yes...great crew altogether, came away with such a good feeling within.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

Oh yeah Maxi Zoo are great! Especially for pet care advice.

Ankhyu wrote: »

Oh, yes, that one too.

Plus the tea place nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

Maxi zoo are brilliant I love going to them they all know me now and ask about my dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

was in Arabica today for first time in ages,
    Staff in there are absolutely spot on, among the nicest in town imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

bennyl10 wrote: »
    was in Arabica today for first time in ages,
    Staff in there are absolutely spot on, among the nicest in town imo

Im surprised they haven't banned me and my friend from there for loud laughter over coffee and carrot cake on Sundays. Love the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Received great service in Aroi Asian Street Food this evening. Have to say a pleasure to eat there. Staff were very nice and welcoming, the food was very reasonably priced and they also offered a free top up of rice when we wanted it which was a nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Im surprised they haven't banned me and my friend from there for loud laughter over coffee and carrot cake on Sundays. Love the place.

Was recently in Limerick again after a good while away and made a point of going out of my way to call into Arabica. Exceptional cafe imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I disagree with previous posts regarding O'Mahony's. I find the staff there snooty and unhelpful. They clearly think working in a bookstore renders them intellectually superior to your run o' the mill shop assistant.

Advertisement