Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good customer service in Limerick city centre

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

chicorytip wrote: »
    I disagree with previous posts regarding O'Mahony's. I find the staff there snooty and unhelpful. They clearly think working in a bookstore renders them intellectually superior to your run o' the mill shop assistant.

Couldn't disagree more with this.. I'm old enough to have been ordering and buying books here for the last 20 years, they couldn't be more accommodating... lucky to have shop like this with really knowledgeable staff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Schuh on Bedford Row and Elverys Sports in the Crescent are 2 places I have been recently that have stood out service wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

I disagree with previous posts regarding O'Mahony's. I find the staff there snooty and unhelpful. They clearly think working in a bookstore renders them intellectually superior to your run o' the mill shop assistant.

I'm shocked with this, I find them excellent and extreamly helpful. It's usually my first stop shop for books or cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Parchment wrote: »
    excellent service from the pharmacist in Billy Lane chemist - up by the train station. Really informative and friendly - he had glasses. Might be Billy himself, not sure!

It is indeed Billy you are referring to he is a gent and very handy for advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I have to admit I find I'mahonys staff can be a tad haughty. I prefer easons for that reason.

Had excellent service from Franklin shoes repairs on Catherine street recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Parchment wrote: »
    I have to admit I find I'mahonys staff can be a tad haughty. I prefer easons for that reason.

Easons staff have gone so downhill recently, really gone off going in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Not a fan of Easons at all. O'Mahonys is a much nicer shop though imo.

Sextons menswear on Thomas Street. Always find the lads in there helpful, and not pushy like some places.
    Staff in Specsavers on Cruises Street are also very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was recently in Michael Deignan's Menswear on O'Connell Ave and must say I had an absolutely fantastic experience.
    Excellent advice and great value along with a bit of chat.
    Spent some time asking what I ''didn't'' want rather than just launching into what he had and I left feeling not only did I get what I wanted, but that i got some value too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

phog wrote: »
    I'm shocked with this, I find them excellent and extreamly helpful. It's usually my first stop shop for books or cards.

In mitigation, I have to say I don't often shop in that particular store but my experiences have been far from positive on the occasions that I do. That's all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

In mitigation, I have to say I don't often shop in that particular store but my experiences have been far from positive on the occasions that I do. That's all.

But this is a thread about good customer service, not for complaints. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Thing is that on any given day there could be 12-15 people working on the floor in O'Mahony's. I suppose it's slightly optimistic to expect that they are all going to be super-friendly or helpful. They don't go out of their way with the false howya's (somebody else mentioned Schuh a while ago) but if you go looking for help in O'Mahony's you will get excellent service 99 times out of 100 IMO.

Downstairs in Savin's is a place where they will go well out of their way to help you out in my experience. The girls in Carlton coffee spot on as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Thing is that on any given day there could be 12-15 people working on the floor in O'Mahony's. I suppose it's slightly optimistic to expect that they are all going to be super-friendly or helpful. They don't go out of their way with the false howya's (somebody else mentioned Schuh a while ago) but if you go looking for help in O'Mahony's you will get excellent service 99 times out of 100 IMO.

Downstairs in Savin's is a place where they will go well out of their way to help you out in my experience. The girls in Carlton coffee spot on as well.

Ah they're lovely alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

I shopped in Noel Andrews menswear on Thomas Street and Neville's Shoes on O'Connell St recently and found them very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

On menswear , in ken sextons last week and mightily impressed and was in tony connollys recently buying a voucher and great chat - we are well served with menswear IMO

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Henry Street garage got me out of another hole with my car this week. I usually get it serviced there anyway, but a couple of times over the last few years, they've actually looked at the problem and fixed it, whereas the main dealer tried to fleece me by just replacing EVERYTHING relating to the problem. Was sent there on the recommendation of a neighbour a couple of years ago and now I don't go anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Henry Street garage got me out of another hole with my car this week. I usually get it serviced there anyway, but a couple of times over the last few years, they've actually looked at the problem and fixed it, whereas the main dealer tried to fleece me by just replacing EVERYTHING relating to the problem. Was sent there on the recommendation of a neighbour a couple of years ago and now I don't go anywhere else.

Haven't had to visit there on while but I've heard that Dominic has left the business and has it leased out. Is this the case?

Haven't had to visit there on while but I've heard that Dominic has left the business and has it leased out. Is this the case?

Funny you mention that, he wasn't there last week or this week, but I had the car serviced at the start of September and he was there. Might be a recent thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Whereabouts on Henry Street is it?

Sorry! Corner of Henry Street and O'Curry Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 taelor

The English male pharmacist in Boots on the Childers Road. He's been nothing but helpful and supportive to me and my wife for years now since she first became pregnant. Give that man a raise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

taelor wrote: »
    The English male pharmacist in Boots on the Childers Road. He's been nothing but helpful and supportive to me and my wife for years now since she first became pregnant. Give that man a raise!

i actually second that....went to him a three months ago with our baby who was a month old explaining the stituation that any time i fed the baby it was like i was pouring acid down him he was extremely colic and i thought he'd reflux and he wasnt sleeping (my own gp was on holidays and the gp covering said i was imagning it) he said it sounded like the child was lactose intolerant and recommended a formula..my child slept 5hours that night and has been on it sense great sleeper and eater now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

taelor wrote: »

I will third that, this guy is extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Pandiani wrote: »
    I will third that, this guy is extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

I fourth it!! his level of knowledge is amazing, but combined with his customer skills means that he goes above and beyond normal expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 girl9999

who cares about costumer service, when u need something, u just go to shop and buy, isnt that simple?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

girl9999 wrote: »
    who cares about costumer service, when u need something, u just go to shop and buy, isnt that simple?

I care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

girl9999 wrote: »

Can't tell if trolling or serious..

hopes trolling..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Someone needs to contact Boots directly if the guy is getting this much praise. It'd be a shame not to let the company know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Someone needs to contact Boots directly if the guy is getting this much praise. It'd be a shame not to let the company know!
    I agree !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 taelor

Haha definitely. Maybe we can pool together and get him a Christmas present!

• Advertisement
Advertisement