Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonder will the Coco give refunds....

Options
  • 09-12-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

for anyone who paid for their parking in town today and every other Sunday this month.

Parked in Wine Street car park earlier on, wasn't sure if there was charges today, so took a glance at a few cars on the way to the machines, most had tickets on display. Just about to put my money in when seen the tiniest of notices advertising the free parking on Sundays in December and the other parking offers throughout the month.

Suppose they need to try and make up their years loses, and pay for the anti bullying consultants some how.

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Typical and unsurprising.

I wonder if the wardens are losing out on overtime or losing normal days on the run up to Christmas by not working Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Kettleson wrote: »
    Typical and unsurprising.

I wonder if the wardens are losing out on overtime or losing normal days on the run up to Christmas by not working Sundays?

There was actually one on duty today. Putting tickets on cars parked on the yellow lines in the Car Park.

irish-stew wrote: »
    There was actually one on duty today. Putting tickets on cars parked on the yellow lines in the Car Park.

My sympathy levels diminish rapidly...mind you, you do see some outrageous parking at times.

Now, my suggestions to the Co-Co, if anyone is out there looking in:

1) Get a few small canvas bags
    2) Stick the Sligo Co-Co logo on them
    3) Put FREE Parking Today logo on them.
    4) First Warden on duty places them over meter
    5) Secure them in some simple way
    6) Last warden on duty removes them
    7) Feelings of good will rise immediately.....Merry Christmas...:D

Simple? Errr..Probably not..

8) Therefore, cases of folk feeling well peeeved off and rightly so, increase....Merry Christmas?....humbug...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

My sympathy levels diminish rapidly...mind you, you do see some outrageous parking at times.

8) Therefore, cases of folk feeling well peeeved off and rightly so, increase....Merry Christmas?....humbug...:P

Didn't stop the people parking properly unwittingly paying for their parking though.

A free parking bag over the machines would be the answer rather than a couple of inched squared notice. Too easy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

There's a sign nearly thrown at the lightpost at the junction beside the Regional Stores garage/shop/ Mind you, unless you're stopped at the lights, there's too much writing on it to see where the parking "freebies" are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I was in Longford on Saturday, they had free parking in some carparks...the solution..clingfilm round the meters :D

I was in Longford on Saturday, they had free parking in some carparks...the solution..clingfilm round the meters :D

There ya go! Jobs an easy one! (Or it should be anyways).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

With a laminated notice in big writing under the clingfilm.

Advertisement