Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham V Liverpool 4 pm

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Should secure top 4 now handy enough

As champions of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

First consecutive league wins this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Should secure top 4 now handy enough

Note to some people reading this, its called knowing humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Welcome to the top half of the table lads.
    Pull up a seat but don't get too comfortable ;)

This guy...sharp as a baloon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Is Shelvey that fawn from pans labyrinth? Just wonderin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Wow...didn't see that coming :D

Very assured in the final 25-30 mins for the first time I can remember this season

Huge win and hopefully a confidence boost for all at the club.

Great move leading up to Cole's goal btw - decent finish too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

4 points off 4th :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Referee was just awful today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Aidric wrote: »
    Is Shelvey that fawn from pans labyrinth? Just wonderin

Yep, he sure is :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Well in second half. Hopefully that'll instill a bit of belief in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Referee was just awful today.

Agree, wasnt a pently for West Ham, and didnt give a stone walled peno for us. Should have been 4-1 but the ref made a match of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

It's a sad day when you see a few Liverpool fans in here at half time when were loosing arnt here now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

noodler wrote: »
    First consecutive league wins this season?

First consecutive league wins since December 2011.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

probert did his best to screw us but the best way to deal with dodgy refs is to score goals, thankfully we got three today in the game where we probably created fewest chances this season - that's football

great to finally get a comeback win

great to win in london

great to beat a half-decent side

great to do it without suarez

great that suarez will be back next game and then january and reinforcements are just a few more games away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This guy...sharp as a baloon.
    Awww, you're sweet.
    Sweet like a lemon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Well in second half. Hopefully that'll instill a bit of belief in the squad.

even more important than the 3 points was the lads showing they can come back from disaster without the leagues top scorer....

worst thing they can do is right off just how significant a win this is...fantastic fight.

Henderson was good, Shelvey showed he as great feet, but what I realised today is how much I trust Johnson. Possibly one of the best footballers in the team. Can't say enough about how much I love having him back...fantastic.

Melion wrote: »
    4 points off 4th :D

Thats a bit more fcuking like it.
    Kess73 wrote: »
    First consecutive league wins since December 2011.

Wow.

Such a massive game. Luis back fresh now for the Xmas period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This team drags you through the **** and then give you great heights, its tough being a liverpool supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

great spirit about us today,too often we would have given up on that kind of game before. even Joe Cole who was largely poor worked very hard and Downing is looking more comfortable at LB, the coward may have just found his niche.

with Suarez back, December is looking good for us.

my immediate reaction to being four off fourth...

are we fúck?

thats class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I was like effin eddien there for the last 10 minutes of that. Great result weeeeeeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Awww, you're sweet.
    Sweet like a lemon :)

SimpsonLemon.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

shelvey like maradonna along the touchline as well

I just saw the Allen handball for the first time.

I have to admit, that is a penalty for me.

In the minority clearly but you can't have your arms out sprawling like that when blocking a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

El Spearo wrote: »
    my immediate reaction to being four off fourth...

are we fúck?

thats class

Likewise....I just thought people didn't want to say we were 10th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oh Joe Cole,you have me torn....

In the minority clearly but you can't have your arms out sprawling like that when blocking a shot.

am I the only one who wants to see a mythbusters style super duper slow mo of his arm? looked class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Joe Allen was once again terrible today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Vicxas wrote: »
    Oh Joe Cole,you have me torn....

Aye....it's gonna be hard looking back on a title winning season knowing his goal was the moment that kick started it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I always think they are harsh, have said the same when we got penalties for them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Aye....it's gonna be hard looking back on a title winning season knowing his goal was the moment that kick started it.

Our year ;)

That result replaces the Chelsea draw as my favourite result of the season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

that was a relief. i will hold me hands up, i was pretty overly critical, but yeah, very pleased with that win.

still hope we sell on cole though. :pac:

four points from fourth, up to fifth in the form table, and eleven points from the last eighteen. that's definitely more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Great win,delighted!!

Two lads I would have whipped off end up scoring, good thing I'm not manager:)
    And Luis back now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Just makes it sweeter beating fergies buddy Sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Just makes it sweeter beating fergies buddy Sam

????

Alarms going off everywhere

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Anyone wrote: »

Agree, wasnt a pently for West Ham, and didnt give a stone walled peno for us. Should have been 4-1 but the ref made a match of it.
    It was a definite penalty for us. If his hands were by his side then I'd say no, but his arm was up so a clear penalty. And what stonewalled penalty was not given? Was this the challenge by Reid on Sterling (I think) in the second half where he won the ball?

It's laughable that you think the referee 'made a game of it'. We were comfortable and would most likely have seen the game out had our best player not had to be replaced by a centre half.

Well done to Liverpool for coming back though. Absolutely gutted with the resul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It was a definite penalty for us. If his hands were by his side then I'd say no, but his arm was up so a clear penalty. And what stonewalled penalty was not given? Was this the challenge by Reid on Sterling (I think) in the second half where he won the ball?

It's laughable that you think the referee 'made a game of it'. We were comfortable and would most likely have seen the game out had our best player not had to be replaced by a centre half.

Well done to Liverpool for coming back though. Absolutely gutted with the resul.

Shelvey, thought it was borderline, dont think he did get the ball but it was close. Thought he was lucky Shelvey didnt go down when he was pulled.

Ye looked decent, Cole had a good game but is too profilgate to be relied upon as a PL center forward. Diame looked beastly again, why didnt he start vs Chelsea? has that given him the kick he needed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Didn''t think the Shelvey one was a penalty myself, only watched it on a stream though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

He's refering to the Shelvey one near the end I think. I thought we should have had a pen there too.

Agree with the bit in bold.

Hopefully it's a sign we've turned a corner that we can win without dominating like we usually do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Turtyturd wrote: »

Seeing the amount of likes you got here. How deluded are Pool fans to even think its possible

lets see who falls for this!

Cole does put himself about, has decent control but you're right that he's not really someone you can rely on for goals throughout the season.
    No idea why Diame wasn't starting last weekend. I'm a great admirer of James Tomkins, but he will never be a midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Bad move to put Tomkins in the midfield.

All in all I think a draw would have been correct, we failed to finish the game after going up 2-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Ouch Diame ruled out for up to 12 weeks with a hamstring tear suffered in the 3-2 defeat to Liverpool. #SSN

Opr

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

opr wrote: »
    Ouch Diame ruled out for up to 12 weeks with a hamstring tear suffered in the 3-2 defeat to Liverpool. #SSN

Opr

Huge blow for them. Him going off was a big boost for Liverpool today. He'll be missed.

opr wrote: »

Opr

Well the silver lining is that it means he won't be going anywhere in January. There had been talk of a ridiculously low release fee allowing him to talk to clubs in January.
    That's a massive blow for us though.

Advertisement