Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham V Liverpool 4 pm

Comments

I am pie wrote: »
    Gerrard, needs a month off and a long hard look at himself. Coasting this season. Worst player on the pitch today. Worse than ole joke.

He was actually playing ok.

I wonder do people actually watch games or just follow them on vidiprinter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

That was encouraging comon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Joe Cole, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

BR just said F-ing joke. He's right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

murpho999 wrote: »
    Really, people should look at games properly.

He's done more than Downing and Cole.

Still also has ability to play a pass that could change a game.

When was the last time he played a pass like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Don't get this formation at all.

Allen, Lucas & Gerrard all occupying the same area.

4-6-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

He has been awful

Really? Generally I am quick to criticise him, but from what I can see on tv he looks to be tracking back more than I have seen him done in any other game this season.

He is not pulling up any trees out there, to be honest I don't think he is capable of anything close to his old form of four to five years ago, but I don't think he has been awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

BR just said F-ing joke. He's right.

I hope it was in the mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bleugh, 2-1 Not much to say,those who are perennial underachievers are at the level we expect and we have no striker.

I think our biggest problem is the almost complete lack of an attacking outlet for the midfielders to look for.

We have Sterling and that's it.

Makes the decision not to have Assaidi and Dani on the bench at the very least all the more puzzling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Kess73 wrote: »
    Cole and Downing are nothing more than passengers today.

Shelvey is not doing much, but his little is still more than the other two combined.

Cannot knock the rest of the team for effort though. We are looking very disjointed now though. Sterling now has nobody working with him as Enrique was, and Johnson is getting pegged back even further with Cole on there.

we are sweeping forward from deep, lots of runners but its a tactic that relies on being able to hold possession in opposition half.

Otherwise opposition win it in their half and one forward pass take 4-5 of our players out of the game.

With Shelvey, Downing and Cole as 3 out of this 4-5, we are going to be under the cosh constantly.

Shelvey in the central role is baffling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

We are plying football at the highest level in England and have no recognised stiker on the pitch.

I think that says it all folks. A tiny bit shambolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Anyone see us coming back into this?

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't. We're ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Here we go.....all the Gerrard haters will be on his case for bad luck now.

He shouldn't be impervious to criticism. He has been doing stupid things for a while now and I'm not even talking about that own goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Gerrard hasn't had a good season in about four years? So why are there still so many Liverpool fans living in the past where he is concerned? Hopefully his 'easing out of the team' won't be as slow and painful as Carra's was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I think our biggest problem is the almost complete lack of an attacking outlet for the midfielders to look for.

Makes the decision not to have Assaidi and Dani on the bench at the very least all the more puzzling

Rodgers may be trying to make some sort of point to FSG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Unlucky to be behind but after a good opening 20 minutes we've been crap.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

10 points behind 4th unless things change dramatically, and with Cole and Downing on the pitch I wouldn't expect it to.

12th place (13th after tomorrow night probably) with 19 points from 16 games. Not. Good. Enough.

Hopefully things will turn around after the break, but I can't see where the goals can come from really with that line up.

Edit: Everton have turned it around, so 7 behind 4th. Point still stands though.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Anyone see us coming back into this?

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't. We're ****e.

Nope...'The Rodgers' doesn't strike me as the greatest motivational speaker. Probably more concerned with convincing Allen the penalty wasn't his fault than getting the team fired up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Poor penalty shout, and arguably not a free for the second...but what we gonna do...complain to the gods of tough ****?

If this team can't turn this around they deserve a kick up the arse. Even without a striker we're a better team. This is a test of character, simple as. Unfortunately I can't remember the last time we passed a test of character.

Is Morgan on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

DrumSteve wrote: »

It's a risky way to make it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

A lot of players out there need to be shipped out or start performing. Rodgers has to take a lot of the blame for the way the team is set up today. If you don't have the players you can't play this false nine ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Melion wrote: »
    Is Morgan on the bench?

Yes, put him on i say. Cant get any worse tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Second half could be bad for us if the likes of Shelvey and Cole play to their usual standard , getting no tackles in , slow getting back , slow getting forward and leaving the defence vulnerable on the break :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

5starpool wrote: »
    10 points behind 4th unless things change dramatically, and with Cole and Downing on the pitch I wouldn't expect it to.

12th place (13th after tomorrow night probably) with 19 points from 16 games. Not. Good. Enough.

Hopefully things will turn around after the break, but I can't see where the goals can come from really with that line up.

Yet anyone who dares point out this will likely be harassed & ridiculed on the super thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Makes the decision not to have Assaidi and Doni on the bench at the very least all the more puzzling

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Gerrard to score @ 11/2. Would be typical..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Stable stream anyone?

I'm going mental here. Every link freezes after 10 seconds - haven't seen any football since 3:20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Nope...'The Rodgers' doesn't strike me as the greatest motivational speaker. Probably more concerned with convincing Allen the penalty wasn't his fault than getting the team fired up.

God knows what hell say in his post match interview of it stays the same

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »

I don't buy that no more than I bought it when people claimed Rafa played poor players to make a point.

We have players in the squad who look better than Cole and Downing. It is not rocket science to try players that look like they may make a difference over two players who are proven to be poor in a Liverpool shirt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

2 terrible goals to give away, i feel sorry for skrtel and agger, they have defended well and two errors from other players cost us

downing is awful as usual, always know he'll either give it away, pass it backwards or cross straight to the first man

sterling having another poor game, about his tenth in a row but because he symbolises rodgers "give youth a chance" mantra, he gets his game no matter how he performs

kucas, skrtel, agger and johnson when going forward are our only decent players

gerrard and allen are average

the rest are useless

God knows what hell say in his post match interview of it stays the same

Something inoffensive would be my guess.

Id take Allen off, drop Shelvey back and put Morgan up front. He couldnt do any worse than Shelvey did in the first half, but then he would run the risk of a second yellow while playing in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Really, people should look at games properly.

He's done more than Downing and Cole.

Still also has ability to play a pass that could change a game.

I recommend taking your own advice. If you cannot see how poor he has been i terms of tackling, passing and general effort you are lacking in any kind of ability to watch a game objectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

mav79 wrote: »
    A lot of players out there need to be shipped out or start performing. Rodgers has to take a lot of the blame for the way the team is set up today. If you don't have the players you can't play this false nine ****.

Thats spot on. Barring Sterling maybe, our attack is full of workers. Downing, Gerrard and Shevley are workers at this stage, you need proprt technical players to supplement this system.

It may be a case of trying to run before we can walk, the players are not there to play this way I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I don't buy that no more than I bought it when people claimed Rafa played poor players to make a point.

We have players in the squad who look better than Cole and Downing. It is not rocket science to try players that look like they may make a difference over two players who are proven to be poor in a Liverpool shirt.

Id agree but I cant think of any other reason he would play them.

They are shocking.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Yet anyone who dares point out this will likely be harassed & ridiculed on the super thread.

It is noted how quickly you are on this thread with Liverpool losing and the game only half over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Allens arm was at head height, unfortunate but them is the breaks. Penalty all day long for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I think another reason he's playing them is to raise whatever price we might get in January. Unfortunately its looking less and less every game we play. Its a mystery why Assaidi hasn't featured that much though

• Advertisement

If Shelvey was not already on a yellow, I would put him in the right wide forward role that Cole is meant to be in (That is where Shelvey played during his loan spell at Blackpool) and would haul off Cole and risk Morgan despite him having played on Friday.

Melion wrote: »
    Id take Allen off, drop Shelvey back and put Morgan up front. He couldnt do any worse than Shelvey did in the first half, but then he would run the risk of a second yellow while playing in midfield.

Shelvey + Gerrard is a no no, two headless chickens. Just put Morgan on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

45 mins of hell ahead :(

Joke Hole and Downing on the pitch says everything you need to know about LFC these days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Gerrard to score @ 11/2. Would be typical..

Would be typical of a few years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think another reason he's playing them is to raise whatever price we might get in January. Unfortunately its looking less and less every game we play. Its a mystery why Assaidi hasn't featured that much though

'Mystery'? The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Assaidi is probably not very good.

The more those two get played the lower their already low value will become.

Better to not play them and just send old videos of them playing for their earlier clubs to potential buyers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

The subs bench is a disgrace, we have young players coming through the ranks that would bust a gut to play in the first team, the likes of pacheco and robinson should have been travelling with the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Grayditch wrote: »
    He shouldn't be impervious to criticism. He has been doing stupid things for a while now and I'm not even talking about that own goal.

No, it's ok to criticise him but the truth is he's one of our best players.

There are players out there who should not be at the club, and that's the problem, not Steven Gerrard.

Its a mystery why Assaidi hasn't featured that much though

My hypothesis from the few minutes of 'Being Liverpool' I have seen.
    I can see why Assaidi doesn't get a game now, 'The Rodgers' speaks to him in broken english and with faux foreign accent. It's obviously too hard to do that from the sideline during a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It seems like well have to accept Cole, Rodgers is a fan,

makes me worry about what hell get us in january

Advertisement